What's on the menu for draft day?

Beerfish

This used to be a much more relevant question before the NFL stupidly changed the draft format from Sat/Sun to thr/fri/sat.  Made it much more worth while to actually have a get together and watch 3 rounds with food and beverages.

None the less what is on the menu for draft night?  Last year I did Ribs that turned out pretty good.  This year I won't be having anyone over so I think I'll just buy a whole whack of chicken wings.  I normally divide the wings into two groups, one batch just simple seasoning salt and pepper and the other I put this really cheap BBQ sauce on, dollar store stuff but has a very vinegary taste.

So, any special food or beverages planned?

This used to be a much more relevant question before the NFL stupidly changed the draft format from Sat/Sun to thr/fri/sat.  Made it much more worth while to actually have a get together and watch 3 rounds with food and beverages.

None the less what is on the menu for draft night?  Last year I did Ribs that turned out pretty good.  This year I won't be having anyone over so I think I'll just buy a whole whack of chicken wings.  I normally divide the wings into two groups, one batch just simple seasoning salt and pepper and the other I put this really cheap BBQ sauce on, dollar store stuff but has a very vinegary taste.

Beer and Fish?

lol

Delivery Chinese Appetizer-a-thon.

-Shrimp Toast

-Crab Rangoon

-Pork Rolls

-Fried Dumplings

-Some Form of Spicy Noodle

Hate the Thursday night draft.  Used to make a big deal out of it when it was a week end event.

This. While I appreciate the Spread-over-three-days Draft is a huge ratings victory for the NFL, I loathe it tbqh.

Draft Saturday used to be, for me, one of my National Holidays. Literally an entire day to lay around, eat badly, and soak in terrabytes of info on teams, players and the league.

Now I just watch some/most of Thursday, feebly try to replicate a tiny bit of my former draft day enjoyment, and generally skip the rest.

Delivery Chinese Appetizer-a-thon.

-Shrimp Toast

-Crab Rangoon

-Pork Rolls

-Fried Dumplings

-Some Form of Spicy Noodle

This. While I appreciate the Spread-over-three-days Draft is a huge ratings victory for the NFL, I loathe it tbqh.

Draft Saturday used to be, for me, one of my National Holidays. Literally an entire day to lay around, eat badly, and soak in terrabytes of info on teams, players and the league.

Now I just watch some/most of Thursday, feebly try to replicate a tiny bit of my former draft day enjoyment, and generally skip the rest.

^^ still likes finger food.  LOL

Ribs? Did someone say 'Ribs?'

Here I thought you New Yorkers were all Italian and I was going to be hearing tales of great home made Italian fare?  I am disappointed.

If it was still the 70s. Your projection is a bit outdated. Demographics change, especially in NYC. I'd say most of the 'tanos occupy NJ now moreso than 5 borough NYC.

You live in Miami or FLA.

PS - yes they are completely different despite the fact one exists within the other.

Love Dachshunds too.

I have a long hair mini. Felt bad when I saw your ode to your buddy.

Archived