Namath dropping more truth bombs

DaBallhawk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another article (Joe N's) and now (here) yet another thread about Rex.  I think the change made is good for both the Bills and the Jets.  For the Jets,  they have come off a really bad season (2-14) and new management gives hope for a better 2015 season. I really like Mac.  I wasn't sure how Bowles would interact with the players.  At first,  I thought he might have been, well ruthless.  I learned I was wrong as he seems to be a player's coach who also demands accountability. This  is a good thing.   Rex Ryan is the shot in the arm that Buffalo truly needs after a 15 year draught.  It seems that he has everything that he claimed he didn't have with the Jets organization. He  definitely has a much better relationship (as opposed to Idzik)  with GM Whaley and the entire front office for that matter.  He is thrilled with the players, coaches,  that the Bills have acquired during offseason.  As for the players,  Rex is a welcomed change to Marrone's style of management.  Ticket sales have soared from 48,000 last year to 55,000 (record all time high back in the 90's was 57,000) and merchandise sales are up 300%. Buffalo is finally getting national attention.   There has been a lot of hype in Buffalo this offseason and based upon all of the positive changes,  I think the Bills fans will remain psyched throughout the 2015-2016 season.    

Joe Namath is 'The Man' ... I liked Rex up until he cause the media circus by acting like a college kid. He was a 50 year old immature kid with low self esteem. He definitely could motivate the locker room of 'geniuses' ... and spoke on their level ... but I really believe he is simply not cut out to be a head coach.

Another article (Joe N's) and now (here) yet another thread about Rex.  I think the change made is good for both the Bills and the Jets.  For the Jets,  they have come off a really bad season (2-14) and new management gives hope for a better 2015 season. I really like Mac.  I wasn't sure how Bowles would interact with the players.  At first,  I thought he might have been, well ruthless.  I learned I was wrong as he seems to be a player's coach who also demands accountability. This  is a good thing.   Rex Ryan is the shot in the arm that Buffalo truly needs after a 15 year draught.  It seems that he has everything that he claimed he didn't have with the Jets organization. He  definitely has a much better relationship (as opposed to Idzik)  with GM Whaley and the entire front office for that matter.  He is thrilled with the players, coaches,  that the Bills have acquired during offseason.  As for the players,  Rex is a welcomed change to Marrone's style of management.  Ticket sales have soared from 48,000 last year to 55,000 (record all time high back in the 90's was 57,000) and merchandise sales are up 300%. Buffalo is finally getting national attention.   There has been a lot of hype in Buffalo this offseason and based upon all of the positive changes,  I think the Bills fans will remain psyched throughout the 2015-2016 season.    

Rex is not a bad guy and I genuinely liked him as our HC.  I wish him well when he is not coaching against us; I just hope he takes those "lack of accountability"  statements to heart, and makes the necessary changes to his coaching style in Buffalo.  Otherwise, it is just a matter of time before it becomes an issue there as well.  

You mean if he's been with 1000 ladies 2 or more times in his life?

I bet he's probably done both in his day : yes:

Probably had different assembly lines of ladies waiting to come in to his bedroom to all be pleasured at the same time ... Lines for each hand, each foot, mouth, & privates ... Cum one come all!!!

Namath isn't making the "players coach vs. disciplinarian" argument. He's saying that Bowles has his sh*t together, and implying Rex didn't. The bold is something I've been saying the past couple weeks, so I agree with you, and agree that that argument is played out, but that's not the statement being made here. I'm sure though, that the JN folks will assume their usual roles in polarizing it and dumbing it down to that. So maybe you are pre-empting what the thread will inevitably become... or firing the first shot in turning it into that.

The word is ACCOUNTABILITY. 

Recall in "Hard Knocks" Namath tried to teach Sanchez how to take a snap in a way that wouldn't cause a fumble. Sanchez treated him like some crazy drunk uncle(which granted he was for a long time). The guy was a party animal but Namath knows football, and he has been mostly right about a lot of things. 

Simply Bowles is not going to make them uphill both ways with no water run til they drop.Because nobody does that hardass nonsense anymore(and that's why Mangini will never be a HC ever again). Discipline means play by the rules, take care of business and be prepared, or have a seat.   Nobody is missing a meeting and starting the next day.  

Funny that you don't hear Rex commenting on Broadway's comments.  Crickets.  Can't shut him up when it's a rookie.  Can't find him when it's a legend.  The guy literally had an article in SI where he was talking about this situation and now he says nothing.

What the **** are you talking about? Now you are complaining because Rex isn't commenting?

Rex is not a bad guy and I genuinely liked him as our HC.  I wish him well when he is not coaching against us; I just hope he takes those "lack of accountability"  statements to heart, and makes the necessary changes to his coaching style in Buffalo.  Otherwise, it is just a matter of time before it becomes an issue there as well.  

Thank You JetBlue.  I also wish the Jets  well when they are not playing against the Bills of course.  I think both teams (Bills/Jets) can join together in a crusade to bid the Pats for a total of 4 games this season.  Of course,  I would like to see the Bills win the  championship but if not,  then let's give an  AFC East team  (other than the Patriots) a chance.  In terms of accountability,  I don't think we had an issue with this (Bills team) last year but we've acquired quite a few new players so there's always that possibility.  I  think Rex is smart enough to pay extra attention to this very sensitive subject after what's been brought out in the media.  

I enjoyed Rex and thought he was and is continuing to improve as a head coach.

Yet this team and many players were beginning to take advantage of his laid back style. It was time for a change and for everyone to be held accountable for there responsibilities both in the classroom, practice and on game day. You can be a nice guy but still expect people to do there jobs.

I total agree fitflo.  I think the change has been beneficial for both teams (Bill and Jets). I remember seeing Rex as Jets coach during some of the Jets' later games in 2014.  He wasn't the same Rex we knew.  It seems like he's alot happier and back on top.  I also think he is smart enough to learn from his mistakes.  I like both Mac and Bowles.  Until I started posting in this forum,  I really didn't have a handle on the Jets fans' personality.  However,  it is based on the comments I read here that I say,  I think Bowles is good for the Jets' fans and the players also seem excited to play for him.   

Rex's antics are perfect for Buffalo's hum drum fan base.  His brass, bravado act grew increasingly old and boring here in metro NY.  His shtick will fascinate the hick Buffalos......for awhile. Even Rex admitted the Jet organization was separating itself from him.  What he doesn't get is its not for the reasons he claims.  Bowles is a welcome change.  A dominant, aggressive defensive-minded coach, like Rex, but one who already displays an accountability and no nonsense approach as a leader.  He is straightforward and doesn't play to the media.  I wanted Bowles hired back when it was obvious Rex would not return.  He was the right man for the job.           

Powpow:  I'm a Buffalo BIlls' Fan.  Our fan base has a reputation of being one of the best in the  NFL.  Also, our fan base is not limited to those who live in Buffalo.  We have season ticket holders from Syracuse, Rochester and Ontario Canada.  The fans are far from hicks  and  if you happen to google Buffalo, you will see that we are on the rise.   I think we all have our share of dirt poor sectors (Brooklyn) throughout the state.

Archived