Place your bets, do we take an Offensive player in Round 1?

19andOhWait

#6 pick an Offensive player?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do we use the #6 pick on offense?

So it's been 5 years since we've taken a player on the offensive side of the ball in round 1 (Sanchize 2009). Picks in rd 1 since then: K Wilson M Wilkerson Q Coples D Milliner S Richardson C Pryor

Do we break the streak this year on a WR/OL/Todd Gurley? Look into your crystal ball and cast your vote.

I'm hopeful that Cooper or White or Parker is the pick. Would be OK with Scherff. See Gurley as kind of the wild-card pick. But it could easily be Fowler/Beasley. What say you?

All the supposed edge rushers except Fowler - who will be gone - have issues with the law. Ray and Gregory are pot heads and Bud Dupree is a middle of the round pick which leaves Vic Beasley, who was crushed on Gruden's QB Camp with Mel Kiper last night. Doesn't play the run and doesn't want to be 'in the pile' at the line. 

I voted "yes" because I'm hoping its either Cooper or White.  I dont want any of the pass rushers.  They all scare me.  However, I'd be more pissed if they took a RB or Guard at 6.  

I agree.

I mostly want a trade down, take Devante Parker, Gurley or an OT, then add more picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd round.

Mac's comment "you can't miss on the first 4 rounds" resonated with me. I want to get him as many selections as possible to make his mark in this draft.

No,I would like to. but if this poll is not opinion and is realistic estimations then I say Cooper is already off by #4 and my honest opinion is we don't go White in that situation. I figure we go OL round 2 and Wide out round 3.. or vise versa. Cooper is the best WR in the draft and forget "ceilings" too many people make "ceilings" based off of body size and athletic advantages. You actually never know where a player can take themself regardless of how many times you examine before the draft.

Rookie GM and Rookie HC.  I'm going with OL for the 1st rd pick.  Its usually always the safest bet and rookie coaches like to make sure the trenches are well handled.

Unless of course Cooper or Mariotta are there at 6.  Then you just have to pull the trigger on one of them.

Archived