Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not expect exoneration. I expect wrist slap with some corporate-speak about how policies and procedures were not followed but there was no intent to obtain unfair competitive advantage and that none was gained. Thus the results of the season are inviolate and legitimate. From a business perspective, I don't see how Goodell can go another way without calling into question the legitimacy of the champion. Above all he is paid to protect the brand, and a serious punishment without stripping a title would be bad for business. The fact that there is no decision before the draft--despite ample time--to me indicates that no serious punishment is forthcoming.

Alas, you may be right. But as to no decision before the draft, it could come tomorrow morning. If so, perhaps Kraft and Goodell have had a falling out.

Alas, you may be right. But as to no decision before the draft, it could come tomorrow morning. If so, perhaps Kraft and Goodell have had a falling out.

No way Goodell--who serves at the pleasure of the owners--is going to levy a punishment that results in draft upheaval the day before the draft.

You may want to follow the original link. The "laughs" you reference are in regard to Deflategate jokes made by the president, not because the league was doing any laughing. The original link includes a video with the president in it that I did not upload in my post. No fluff piece here. 

The first post is something that i would expect from a Pats cheerleader.

Who the eff cares if it provided laughs or not or if any jokes were made.  Only a fluff piece could include that statement.

They cheated and they should be punished to the max. But they will get away with it.

The first post is something that i would expect from a Pats cheerleader.

Who the eff cares if it provided laughs or not or if any jokes were made.  Only a fluff piece could include that statement.

They cheated and they should be punished to the max. But they will get away with it.

A Pats cheerleader would post a new article that says Goodell says a deflategate decision is coming soon? Man, that's really scrambled thinking. And the Pats were pissed at the president's jokes, and Brady so much so that he stiffed the White House invitation. Man, you really gotta get your head screwed on right. 

A Pats cheerleader would post a new article that says Goodell says a deflategate decision is coming soon? Man, that's really scrambled thinking. And the Pats were pissed at the president's jokes, and Brady so much so that he stiffed the White House invitation. Man, you really gotta get your head screwed on right. 

Who cares if it was funny or not or who's vagina was bruised because of all the jokes. All i want to see is Pats punished to the max. Period.

With JETS fans like you who needs trolls.

Lol, I expect absolutely nothing to come out of this besides a fine for negligence.  Kraft drafting up the payments to Goddell, so he had to have the NFL pay taxes to hide the hike in pay he's about to get.   They do it right after the draft, when everyone is in draft recap frenzy, and most fans are busy jerking off to youtube videos of their picks, so they can slide this in without it being 24/7 news.  Too much optimism after the draft for every team, so it's the perfect timing.  

Who cares if it was funny or not or who's vagina was bruised because of all the jokes. All i want to see is Pats punished to the max. Period.

With JETS fans like you who needs trolls.

Me too. But I think I'm owed an apology for the troll comment;

He's just trying to figure out the best way to ignore the Patriots' obvious cheating and look the other way for the benefit of his good buddy Kraft.

roger-goodell-gq-magazine-february-2015- roger-goodell-robert-kraft.jpg

Letting the draft pass through. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out next weekend.

Take away their compensation picks at least, one is a third rounder

Why would that happen?

It is obvious that there is absolutley no proof whatsoever that the Pats did anything wrong.

Why do you think this has dragged on for over 100 days?

Why would that happen?

It is obvious that there is absolutley no proof whatsoever that the Pats did anything wrong.

That reasoning is exactly backward. If there is nothing, why wouldn't the league announce it immediately?

That reasoning is exactly backward. If there is nothing, why wouldn't the league announce it immediately?

Because then it would look like a cover-up.

By taking so much time, the league can say the investigation was "completely thorough" when they exonerate the Pats of any wrong doing whatsoever.

Because then it would look like a cover-up.

By taking so much time, the league can say the investigation was "completely thorough" when they exonerate the Pats of any wrong doing whatsoever.

So you're saying, in the end, it really will be a cover-up?

Why would that happen?

well you are a pats fan so you wont be objective. You probably think spygate didnt happen either lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-released-soon

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'

By John Breech | CBSSports.com

April 28, 2015 6:45 pm ET

If you've been holding your breath waiting for the Deflategate investigation to be released, you're probably not alive right now, but for the rest of us, there looks to be some light at the end of the Deflategate tunnel.

During an interview with "CBS This Morning" on Tuesday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told Charlie Rose that he expects the report to be released "soon." 

"I do think it will be soon," Goodell said. "We have a responsibility to the 32 teams -- not just the one team, to 32 teams -- and our fans and the general public here to make sure things were done fairly."

The league is definitely doing its due diligence.

The NFL announced in January that it was going to investigate whether or not the footballs used by the Patriots in the AFC Championship game were deliberately deflated. That investigation, which is being run by Ted Wells, reached Day 100 on Tuesday.

During the interview with Goodell, Rose asked the commissioner why the investigation has taken so long.

"I think it's hard because you want to make sure you have all the information," Goodell said. "It's not just whether the balls are properly inflated. The question is, one of things [Wells would] be asked to look for, 'Was it just one game?'"

Goodell did add that there's no suspicion that the Patriots played more than one game with deflated footballs. 

"There's no suspicion of anything," Goodell said. "What we're trying to do is try to make sure we're thorough. The most important thing here is, 'Was there a violation of the rules and if so, how did that occur?'"

Although the investigation has seemingly taken forever, let's not forget all the laughter Deflategate's brought us.

It'll be released after the draft, just like after the Superbowl, so it doesnt matter. 

Not really.

If there is nothing there and they want to really slam the Patriots, then why not turn over every leaf regardless of the impatience of JN?

There is either nothing there.

A sh*t ton there.

Or they are lawyers and are driving up the billable hours.

Not really.

If there is nothing there and they want to really slam the Patriots, then why not turn over every leaf regardless of the impatience of JN?

There is either nothing there.

A sh*t ton there.

Or they are lawyers and are driving up the billable hours.

You seem to be implying it is the investigators who are holding it up. I interpret what Goodell said to mean the league has the report already, and the league is holding it up. I think the only reason the league would hold it up is because there is evidence of guilt.

well you are a pats fan so you wont be objective. You probably think spygate didnt happen either lol

1) I'm one of the most objective posters on the board.

2) Pats got caught taping from a restricted area.  They broke the rules and were penalized accordingly.

You seem to be implying it is the investigators who are holding it up. I interpret what Goodell said to mean the league has the report already, and the league is holding it up. I think the only reason the league would hold it up is because there is evidence of guilt.

First, they are lawyers..so yeah.

Second, it makes little sense to hold off on punishment.  Goodell punished the Falcons a 2016 draft pick.  They can do the same to the Patriots if that is your contention.  They could have done a WWE spoof and tear up the draft card of Malcolm Brown if they wanted.

Why would that happen?

are you talking bout the deflate gate report or Goodell's dick in Kraft's mouth?

LMAO

First, they are lawyers..so yeah.

Second, it makes little sense to hold off on punishment.  Goodell punished the Falcons a 2016 draft pick.  They can do the same to the Patriots if that is your contention.  They could have done a WWE spoof and tear up the draft card of Malcolm Brown if they wanted.

It makes a great deal of sense to hold off on punishment. They just won the SB. It would be supremely embarrassing to the league to have to punish the league champs for cheating. It would call the integrity of the win into question.

It makes a great deal of sense to hold off on punishment. They just won the SB. It would be supremely embarrassing to the league to have to punish the league champs for cheating. It would call the integrity of the win into question.

Why? 

It is not like they were up 28-0 with the under inflated balls and barely hung with properly inflated balls.  They played better with inflated balls and won the Superbowl with properly inflated balls.

It makes more sense to move on from it.  If the Patriots are as evil as everyone hopes, then it is not going to be easier with time.  The old adage of bad news does not get better with time applies here.

Why? 

It is not like they were up 28-0 with the under inflated balls and barely hung with properly inflated balls.  They played better with inflated balls and won the Superbowl with properly inflated balls.

It makes more sense to move on from it.  If the Patriots are as evil as everyone hopes, then it is not going to be easier with time.  The old adage of bad news does not get better with time applies here.

did the pats play the SB in cold weather mon!

Archived