Have the Jets ever drafted the player you wanted in the first round ?

Larz

I have been following the draft since about 1985.  Since that year, the Jets have drafted a total of 2 players I wanted in the first round;

D'brick house.....which was the biggest no-brainer in history as the jets had the 4th pick, everybody in the country had brick as the 4th best prospect, and the jets didn't have a LT on the roster the day of the draft

Marvin "shade-tree" jones was the other

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3430&type=team

Vilma. 

Vilma

Rob Moore in the supplemental I was very happy about.

I was actually happy with the Kyle Wilson pick.  Thought he'd be a good pickup.  

Of course, when they traded up for Revis, I was kind of pissed, thought they gave up too much.

Kenrick Ellis in 2011 3rd Round. I literally jumped out of my chair w/the selection.

Vilma in 2004

Shaun Ellis & John Abraham in 2000.

Keyshawn in 1996

I also initially wanted Leon Hall over Revis in '07

I have been following the draft since about 1985.  Since that year, the Jets have drafted a total of 2 players I wanted in the first round;

D'brick house.....which was the biggest no-brainer in history as the jets had the 4th pick, everybody in the country had brick as the 4th best prospect, and the jets didn't have a LT on the roster the day of the draft

Marvin "shade-tree" jones was the other

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3430&type=team

Yes.  Vilma, DBrick Revis, Mo Wilk, Coples were all literally my #1 choice for the Jets based on where they were drafting and who I thought would be available.

Williams I never thought was an option but he was a #1 on my board.  

Sanchez. For shame.

I desperately wanted Desean Jackson when we picked Keller.

I mocked Jackson to the Jets in the 2nd round that year.  We traded up I remember being like, ah yeah!!!!!  And then, Dustin Keller.  WTF????  We were so desperate for a WR too.

Kenrick Ellis in 2011 3rd Round. I literally jumped out of my chair w/the selection.

Vilma in 2004

Shaun Ellis & John Abraham in 2000.

Keyshawn in 1996

I also initially wanted Leon Hall over Revis in '07

Yep.  Forgot about that me too.

Marvin Jones too.  I LOVED him coming out of FSU.

Then why the #lateralmove talking points on Williams? That was much, much worse.

Mawae was a dinosaur at that point, and we were picking at the back end of rd 1..  not elite prospect territory

Besides, I already conceded it wasn't a bad pick, just wish it broke differently, namely, white at 4

I lol'd  when i read the title of this thread...

Other than maybe Vilma, Coples was the only definitive yes. Once Floyd was gone, I was all on board for QC... There's other like Revis, Moss, etc who i didn't have a problem with, but ya...  

Archived