Have the Jets ever drafted the player you wanted in the first round ?

Larz

I have been following the draft since about 1985. Since that year, the Jets have drafted a total of 2 players I wanted in the first round;

D'brick house.....which was the biggest no-brainer in history as the jets had the 4th pick, everybody in the country had brick as the 4th best prospect, and the jets didn't have a LT on the roster the day of the draft

Marvin "shade-tree" jones was the other

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=3430&type=team

I'm not a big college football fan, so I generally learn about the prospects from NFL Network, ESPN and here...

I remember wanting Reggie Bush bad in 06, and actually rooted for the team to lose games at the end of 05 season (only time I rooted for the Jets to lose) cause I was convinced he was the next Barry Sanders and it was one of the few years I actually followed college football so I watched him play a few games. Good thing I'm not in charge of the draft cause Brick was a much better choice than trying to trade up for Bush.

I also remember in 08 wanting either McFadden or Gholston (I love pass rushing LBers) so I was so pumped I bought his jersey right after the draft. Now I have a Gholston #56 jersey hanging in my closet and that's the last time I buy a jersey of a player that hasn't played a down yet lol.

I wanted Cooper pretty bad this year, was hoping Oakland would go with White since he had the faster 40 time, and was disappointed when they didnt. The next guy I wanted was Fowler (again love the rushers) but didn't think it was realistic he'd fall to 6. I never considered Williams since we're stacked at that position and he wasn't expected to be around at 6, but I'm happy Mac went BPA.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived