Schefter just said Gregory is expected to fall to the 2nd...

Sully28

Wouldn't be a bad pick IMO if the Jets take an OL or WR in the 1st. I understand his weight is an issue, but he could pack on pounds, he proved himself to be a pretty good athlete at the combine and although he is somewhat injury prone and has character concerns he still has a high ceiling. Plus taking him in the second isn't such a huge deal if he doesn't work out.

I really hope we stay away from guys with injury histories. Of course injuries are a part of the game but taking more players that already have that past is just too risky. We're all full up with the high draft pick injury bunch anyway. ( Milliner and Macdougle etc)

I'd rather get Cooper and a nice top tier 3rd or 4th rated Rb in the second. Or even one of the OLB's that should be there in the early second without the injury and character issue attached to them.  This is a good opportunity having high picks in the first 4 rds this year to really get some ballers for once.

If we don't go OLB at 6 I'm in ... Could be the steal of the draft ... Although Pat Kirwan on Sirius today was out there in Chicago and said he'd been walking behind Gregory at an event and thought it was a Safety in front of him based on the build. ... Certainly had production in college though

Wouldn't be a bad pick IMO if the Jets take an OL or WR in the 1st. I understand his weight is an issue, but he could pack on pounds, he proved himself to be a pretty good athlete at the combine and although he is somewhat injury prone and has character concerns he still has a high ceiling. Plus taking him in the second isn't such a huge deal if he doesn't work out.

Schefter said it, so it must be the bible.

I don't want Gregory even if he drops to the 2nd.  He is way too lean in the frame and in the brain.  He's reportedly down to 230# at a time he should be busting hump to build himself up to prove he can hang at the next level.  Nothing about this guy translates to the NFL.  

I'm not keen on Gregory seems undersized, unathletic, plus totally brain dead, re-pot bust days before the draft.

I like someone else taking a chance in the late 1st round. It means another good player drops.

If you want the smaller OLB Vic Beasley is my guy. He's like he's been shot from a rifle or Fowler if he drops.

I really hope we stay away from guys with injury histories. Of course injuries are a part of the game but taking more players that already have that past is just too risky. We're all full up with the high draft pick injury bunch anyway. ( Milliner and Macdougle etc)

I'd rather get Cooper and a nice top tier 3rd or 4th rated Rb in the second. Or even one of the OLB's that should be there in the early second without the injury and character issue attached to them.  This is a good opportunity having high picks in the first 4 rds this year to really get some ballers for once.

Two starters in first two.  If it is Cooper I will consider him a starter (quality) guy.  Round Two, sure, a pass rusher.

I'm not keen on Gregory seems undersized, unathletic, plus totally brain dead, re-pot bust days before the draft.

I like someone else taking a chance in the late 1st round. It means another good player drops.

If you want the smaller OLB Vic Beasley is my guy. He's like he's been shot from a rifle or Fowler if he drops.

unathletic?? if he's anything he's athletic.

he's starting to remind me of Barr from last year.  Was a top 5 pick, everybody picked him apart during the pre draft process.  Still went pretty high, and now looks like he'll be a star.

minus the pot of course

Schefter said it, so it must be the bible.

I never said it was fact. I think Schefter strengthens the claim that Gregory with all his problems could drop out of the first round though. Don't know how you can argue that.

i don't see how the Cowboys pass on him. They took Greg Hardy. Clearly they don't give a f--k. 

There is a difference. Hardy was a FA. They sign him on performance and eligible to enter the building contract. Cowboys do not lose much.

A draft pick is a different story for obvious reasons.

While I realize it only takes one team to be interested in a player for a player to get drafted in the first round, I would be surprised if both Shane Ray and Gregory get drafted in the first round.

Archived