•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

Mo is good.  No - very good.  Watts is great.  Williams has the greatness gene.  And, if they decide to move Mo it will be a huge positive for the cap (and re-upping Richardson).  

Wilkerson is great.

Watt is Watt. He's not from the land we call Earth.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did the right thing  I'm besides myself right now. Never thought this guy would drop. Never considered it as a possibility. This is a huge positive sign for this regime.

what it means, is when they either trade or let mo walk in FA, the defense won't fall off, they'll have Sheldon and Williams to anchor it.  that's the benefit of BPA, it's not about today, it's building a roster as strong as you can.  i'm not thrilled it's defense, but it's not like the jets have a qb where kevin white would have a good rookie season.  they can address ol/rb in rounds 2-3.  let's applaud a gm who doesn't draft for need, finally, and one who doesn't panic or squander draft picks. 

@eallenjets: Maccagnan - Williams was among the top 3 players on Jets' board. Bowles - We're a 3-4 team. Can't have enough good DL.

Can't be a 3-4 team still with the players? Can they?

Our board must've been Fowler, Cooper and Williams in no particular order. I really don't think we were trying to get Mariota at all, just throwing our name out there to ensure he went before us, to drive any of our top 3 down towards us.

I hope we're on the phone with all these teams Atlanta, New Orleans, Cleveland... how awesome would it be if we got the #19 from Cleveland (via the Bills) for Mo?

Mo was a mid 20's pick but has played like a top 5 pick. If traded, we may not get equal valu.  Also, any team that trades for him their payroll goes up up up.

Well, I guess the plan is to have THE most dominant D-Line, like, ever.

He's got to say that, don't want to damage the relationship with Wilk and his agent. If something surfaces, and we move him, it becomes a narrative about how they couldn't turn down the value being offered.

the reason I am so bitchy is I told my wife at 5:00 there was only one player I didn't want, and it was williams.  

it seems to me that every other team is hitting a home run (except the raiders, lol)

You don't see numbers on your mobile.

the long ass SI article post I copied and pasted about Bowles D. 

It's not a traditional 2 gap 34 with space eating Dlineman. It's more one gap built on disguises and creative alignment/assignment blitz packages. 

after years of whining on jetinsider.com to draft an offensive player in the 1st, i'll amend my complaint and say, just draft good players.  if you draft guys like Sheldon, your team improves.  draft guys like Stephen hill, your team gets worse.   i have faith tomorrow the jets will focus on offense, on the line and rb in particular.  but a few years from now when mo wilk signs a huge deal elsewhere, we'll all be thankfull mccagnan drafted his replacement now, when the guy fell into our laps.

I wanted a scorer.  cooper white or gurley.

no offense but i think you just wanted offense for the sake of it because we have drafted defense the past 5 years. Look i would have loved white but when you get a chance to draft the bpa you MUST do it. Again you understand we have a high second rounder to get a good WR right

what it means, is when they either trade or let mo walk in FA, the defense won't fall off, they'll have Sheldon and Williams to anchor it.  that's the benefit of BPA, it's not about today, it's building a roster as strong as you can.  i'm not thrilled it's defense, but it's not like the jets have a qb where kevin white would have a good rookie season.  they can address ol/rb in rounds 2-3.  let's applaud a gm who doesn't draft for need, finally, and one who doesn't panic or squander draft picks. 

they can get a wideout in the 2nd or 3rd round

Archived