•••••The Official 2015 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD•••••

Ghost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best player in the draft and we are pissed? Come on!

I know!

Look, based on the initial news prior to the start of the Draft, we tried to get a trade for the #2 pick overall & get Mariotta.

That did not happen.

Instead we got the best Defensive Player of this draft - GET OVER IT!

The guys at the NFL Network put up a graphic saying that Leonard really reminded them of .....wait for it....#74, Merlin Olsen.

-?shrugs????-

Can't remember which of the commentators was the one who said it though. It was right after he left the stage wearing a Jets jersey.

That's a pretty big comparison there. Either way, I'm happy we got him. A lot of people really had him @ #1 in this draft. If it wasn't for all the QB hype we get every year ( to be honest QB is the most important position), he would have went #1 & it wouldn't seem out of place.

Also, let's be honest, Winston & Mariotta are not sure things here, they both could end up

Ryan Leafs, just as much as Peyton Mannings, but let's be serious, Leonard Williams IS the real deal & barring injury WIL BE a multiple time pro bowler. ..& hopefully a multi times Super Bowl winner with the team that drafted him lol.

With a defense like this, perhaps some of you need to go revisit some of those threads with the articles about Chan Gailey offenses and how he got the best seasons out of bad players routinely... now we have him with very good players, except at QB, where he's at least got a good player he is familiar with. 

We're winning 10-11 games.

F u I have been a Jets fan for 38 years

I was being facetious.

I'll hopefully have been a Jets fan for 38 years 25 years from now but I'm not hopeful. Either me or the NFL will be dead, more likely me.

Either way I hope one of us lives to see them win a Superbowl, with Williams the MVP.

If you trade Mo, you'd do it for a 2016 first. You'll want to have something to package for a QB.

I would do it for a 2015 second and a 2016 first, which is like two 2nds (or a late first) in value.

If you trade Mo, you'd do it for a 2016 first. You'll want to have something to package for a QB.

+1

that's what drafting BPA allows you to do - trade good players and not have a dropoff in productivity at that position. 

looking forward to adding offensive players tomorrow!

Mostro...read that stupid article I posted lol. Snacks is somewhat expendable besides being a great asset on goal-line short yard downs. 

So we trade Snacks for mid-round picks, and use some of the other depth DL for rotation. Makes sense. 

Why would they trade the cheaper player? Trade the guy who is going to command top dollar and isn't really worth it. That's Wilk.

I think it's more than the money.   You have Cook and Hackenberg coming out next year - why not get a #1 for WIlk and have some ammo to move up?  

Archived