welcome to the JETS, Leonard Williams!!

Blackout

the bottom line with the Williams pick is the offensive line can't double all these guys 

Williams and Amari Cooper were the safest 2 players in the whole draft 

while Mo is here, and they all stay healthy, it truly would be a super unit 

i love it because it means we have a complete defense 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were "so sure" he was going top 3 then you should be ecstatic that we were able to get him with the 6th pick   :)

yeah I mean he's a nice player, I just wanted offense this year.  an exciting play-maker who scores the dang ball

that's Brandon Marshall

Bingo. Plus Devin Smith, Justin Hardy, Tre McBride, Tyler Lockett, Chris Conley, Sammie Coates, DGB etc. are still on the board. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

The more I think about it,

The RAW EMOTIONAL ENERGY and MOTORS that Richardson & Williams will bring on EVERY DEFENSIVE SNAP up the middle will be LEGENDARY, NUCLEAR EVEN!!!!!!

they will get the stadium rocking', should be fun!

I sort of wanted to be pissed at selecting yet another D lineman, but I just can't. Almost everyone thought he was easily the best PLAYER in the draft, and he is ridiculously versatile. We may never play base defense with this group. Our nickel might be completely invulnerable to the run, and we have all types of ways to get pressure and completely lock down the secondary, Williams could be completely dominant in our defense

Nothing is really gauranteed in NFL drafts, but this is as close to safe as you can possibly get. I don't give a sh*t what position the player is. The imporant thing is whether we hit a home run or not, and in this case, we did.

This guy is not on the same level as the Gholstons, Milliners, Wilsons, Sanchez's. Williams is a sure thing.

I sort of wanted to be pissed at selecting yet another D lineman, but I just can't. Almost everyone thought he was easily the best PLAYER in the draft, and he is ridiculously versatile. We may never play base defense with this group. Our nickel might be completely invulnerable to the run, and we have all types of ways to get pressure and completely lock down the secondary, Williams could be completely dominant in our defense

I agree. I think it's going to be nearly impossibly to double team any of our defensive lineman.

I agree. I think it's going to be nearly impossibly to double team any of our defensive lineman.

That's why I think we play/show an occasional (and crazy) 5-1-5

A five man D front is ONE OLine assigned to block by himself EACH of our DLINE men. Each guy may require a double team and the offense doesn't have enough blockers. EVEN IF they go double TE to assist, you hand cuff an opposing offense of extra WRs or RBs - TARGETS- because you have to dedicate your resources to keeping the QB alive or even a PRAYER of a crease as a running lane for RBs.

It's sick.

This is a very interesting pick, something I did not expect, but unlike past randomness in the draft, this seems like an almost pleasant surprise.  I didn't expect him to make it to the Jets, so I didn't bother looking into him too much, but pretty much every scouting report had him as a top 2 pick, so it's nice to see someone fall to us.  

I wonder how they fit him in.  If we can get Mo/Harrison/Williams/Richardson could be a nasty nasty front.  I've seen a couple of Suh comparisons and even a little bit of Watt (although Watt's combine was just amazing) so it'll be interesting to see how they fit everyone in.  With our secondary right now, this is going to be a fun defense to watch, should get more sacks/turnovers with all the extra pressure. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ8hJaiZvTY

Not sure if it's already been posted, but these guys were pretty amazed by him I believe.  Although, not exactly professional scouts here, so take it with a grain of salt, but the one guy is a former NFL player I believe. 

He's good.  Really good.  

After watching two entire youtube clips (the game ones, not the compilation ones), I can safely say that Leonard Williams will NEVER get an off-sides penalty. 

Comparisons to Suh and JJ Watt are interesting.  

This defensive front is going to win the line of scrimmage every game.  And with the man cover corners we have, good luck scoring on this defense.  This defense is way better than the 2010 defense.  I just hope the key guys stay healthy.

A five man D front is ONE OLine assigned to block by himself EACH of our DLINE men. Each guy may require a double team and the offense doesn't have enough blockers. EVEN IF they go double TE to assist, you hand cuff an opposing offense of extra WRs or RBs - TARGETS- because you have to dedicate your resources to keeping the QB alive or even a PRAYER of a crease as a running lane for RBs.

It's sick.

If only we had some good corners to pull that off.

Oh, wait  :)

It's sick.

Richardson/Wilkerson/Williams/Coples/Babin(or Pace)

Davis

Revis/Cro/Skrine/Gilcrist/Pryor

something like that.  You can't double team everyone up front.  And the top 3 receiving targets are locked down by reliable cover corners.  Allen is available to cover big TEs like Gronk too.  Milliner is there too if he's healthy.  Bowles and Kacy Rodgers must be salivating with all this talent.  They can take away pretty much everything with this personnel.

Richardson/Wilkerson/Williams/Coples/Babin(or Pace)

Davis

Revis/Cro/Skrine/Gilcrist/Pryor

something like that. You can't double team everyone up front. And the top 3 receiving targets are locked down by reliable cover corners. Allen is available to cover big TEs like Gronk too. Milliner is there too if he's healthy. Bowles and Kacy Rodgers must be salivating with all this talent. They can take away pretty much everything with this personnel.

My thoughts exactly.

I also broke it down moreso in another thread of

Wilkerson. Williams. Harrison. Richardson. Coples.

Demario Davis

Revis. Cro.

Skrine

Pryor

Gilchrist

You can sub in Harris or Pace for coverage on 2nd Down by just taking out Snacks and sliding in Coples

Passing downs : take out Snacks. Kick in Coples. Babin or IK off the edge.

Dime Backers Jarrett & Allen sub in to cover TEs and disguise coverages &'blitzes.

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!!!!!

One hidden thing about Williams is not only is he the best player in the draft, he is also going into the best situation for him to develop to his full potential. He is extremely bright and hardworking, and will learn a ton from Wilk and Richardson. I do not think we trade Mo, I think we will resign him and can keep the trio for 5 years fairly easily.

Just happy the front office was true to their BPA philosophy and wasn't feeding us a load of bull ala Rex/Tanny. And yes Williams was the bpa, he was pretty much talked about as a top 3 player all year.

One hidden thing about Williams is not only is he the best player in the draft, he is also going into the best situation for him to develop to his full potential. He is extremely bright and hardworking, and will learn a ton from Wilk and Richardson. I do not think we trade Mo, I think we will resign him and can keep the trio for 5 years fairly easily.

The 20 year old kid has NO PRESSURE to produce and will have time to come into his own as he (GULP! Scary!) GROWS more into his body and the speed of the Pro level to MERELY COMPLIMENT the young veteran talent already on the DLine

Just happy the front office was true to their BPA philosophy and wasn't feeding us a load of bull ala Rex/Tanny. And yes Williams was the bpa, he was pretty much talked about as a top 3 player all year.

agreed its refreshing to have a real football guy running things. Idzik would of picked for need and Tanny would of probably traded up  for a  splash. 

Archived