Round 2....who we taking?

stugotz81

Harold would be a good fit . I'd like to see either OLB or RB. Would hope for Tre Mcbride in the 3rd

If we don't take WR in rd 2, I'm with you on McBride in round 3.  Absolutely.  But I'd rather have Devin Smith and shoot for RB in rd 3.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be tasty too.

I know some folks like Devin Smith...which could be a great slot fit.  idk.

Devin Smith is a deep threat.  He's not necessarily a slot guy.  He's the guy I want.  DGB has his head up his ass and despite his freakish size and did not do well in conferences with scouts.  Houston and another team that needs WR have taken him completely off their boards.  Devin Smith is my #37 and he should be there.

http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-devin-smith-wr-ohio-state/

Devin Smith for sure for me.  DGB is just way too much of a risk.  Devin Smith I believe is underrated and will ultimately be better than Jalen Strong.  I also have 5 RBs rated 2nd round talent on my list, but I am confident that one falls to us in rd 3.  So Devin Smith is the pick for me

Make it happen Tann....  Mac.

I hadn't been paying attention to Smith because I figured we'd most likely go WR at 6.  I just looked at some game tape (not highlights) and Smith looks like the real deal.  Better than Strong for sure.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/devin-smith/#player-vids

Devin Smith is a deep threat.  He's not necessarily a slot guy.  He's the guy I want.  DGB has his head up his ass and despite his freakish size and did not do well in conferences with scouts.  Houston and another team that needs WR have taken him completely off their boards.  Devin Smith is my #37 and he should be there.

Oh, he's game breaker...but I think his speed off the line will create mismatches underneath with th big targets the Jets have on the outside.  Bottom line, is, he's a very nice compliment to what they've already got in place.  I'd be happy with him or Strong or DGB.

I hadn't been paying attention to Smith because I figured we'd most likely go WR at 6.  I just looked at some game tape (not highlights) and Smith looks like the real deal.  Better than Strong for sure.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/devin-smith/#player-vids

yup.  I watched every bit of these game films in the link below (not highlight reels)  last night at 2 AM and I am so sold, that I will explode if he's not the pick.

I'm with you guys if they go WR, Smith or Lockett.

DGB would bring me both wonders of joy and concern.

Extremely meh oh Strong which said at nauseum.

Lockett too small.. Santana Mossish. 5'10" or shorter, barely 180 lbs.   I want Smith.  He'll be the Marshall replacement in a couple of years.  I'm going to go crazy waiting today.

I'm with you guys if they go WR, Smith (or Lockett.)

DGB would bring me both wonders of joy and concern.

Extremely meh oh Strong which said at nauseum.

Some of the things I've read about DGB are just too bad for Mac to take the risk.  This isn't a Randy Moss type scenario. It's ten fold worse.  DGB has shown himself to be a disgusting human being and without anything remotely close to assurance that he can mature and change.  He's Josh Gordon only worse in that his issues are public behavior entirely and not just drugs.  It's a shame, but he's a ticking bomb that can't be trusted.  Houston, who desperately needs to replace Andre Johnson, took him completely off their board.  Another team as well.

I think if we pick Devin Smith, during the season everyone here will be thankful we did  

Lockett too small.. Santana Mossish. 5'10" or shorter, barely 180 lbs. I want Smith. He'll be the Marshall replacement in a couple of years. I'm going to go crazy waiting today.

Outside of BPA OL (and this odd temptation of DGB) I think Smith would be my favorite pick.

I just think Lockett will automatically make whichever team takes him happy once he's in camp.

Remember when the people who know everything said you couldn't take Scherff at 6 because he was a Guard and that's too high?

He got taken 5th overall.

That was my favorite pick in the draft. Washington's overreach gift-wrapped the draft's best player and put him under the Jets tree. And had Washington done the smart thing and taken Williams themselves, the Jets almost certainly would've taken White over Scherff. But I was glad he was already gone. That was awesome!

Remember when the people who know everything said you couldn't take Scherff at 6 because he was a Guard and that's too high?

He got taken 5th overall.

That doesnt make it right.  It was stupid and is the reason the Jets got the best player in the draft. 

Outside of BPA OL (and this odd temptation of DGB) I think Smith would be my favorite pick.

I just think Lockett will automatically make whichever team takes him happy once he's in camp.

I think the board goes nuts if they take one of these guys.  then grab duke in the 3rd, instant offense!

Archived