• Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets are guaranteed to get one of the following:

Jaelen Strong WR

Donovan Smith OL

Devin Smith WR

Eli Harold OLB

Benardrick McKinney ILB

La'el Collins OT* (asuming he's clear legally)

That's a nice array of choices.

agreed !.. I hope it's NOT collins  :beer:

I think this is the round we trade down.  There are a lot of good players from a wide range of positions avialable of similar value.  Depending on how far we go down we could get another 3rd rounder or add some picks for tommorrow.  MacCagnan indicated he wanted more picks, this is the round to do it.

If we get both Leonard Williams and DGB that is a heist.

dgb...perfect pick. no need to start him with decker and marshall. give him a year to work on the route tree. could be ready to take over year 2-3 and dominate

I think this is the round we trade down.  There are a lot of good players from a wide range of positions avialable of similar value.  Depending on how far we go down we could get another 3rd rounder or add some picks for tommorrow.  MacCagnan indicated he wanted more picks, this is the round to do it.

kinda disagree. might be the round to move up,imo. stay put at 37 and move back up into the second round. there is some unbelievable talent still available. picks #25-#50,imo, are the sweet spots in this draft

For anybody that hasn't seen Duke Johnson...guy has a nasty stiff arm, toughness, wiggle , and great hands. Perfect compliment to what we have in Ivory. Last time Gailey had a committee RB like this was Spiller who went for 1200 8 that year(2012). CBS is currently mocking him to the Cowboys in the 2nd rd

Feel like with our coaching staff and Marshall acting as a mentor, we can take a risk on some of the questionable guys with mental issues. So DGB or Gregory would be pretty cool.

It's certainly an improved environment around here with the new CS, but, ironically, I don't think they would even take a such a risk, especially when they haven't done anything yet to earn a "get out of jail free card" if the risk blows up in their faces.

Ameer Abdullah, Nate Orchard, T.J. Yeldon, Eli Harold, and Carl Davis would be interesting options in 2nd or 3rd too ... I have a feeling that DGB is off the Jets draft board, which I know is going to upset a lot of people. I think the weed stuff is not a huge deal, nor should it be, but the assault and burglary charges is going to make teams shy away. Work ethic concerns are always big too. All that said, I wouldn't be mad if they took the guy, but I would be holding my breath and hoping he stays incident free for sure.

Sounds like the Jets are going to be a very good team going into next year at all positions except the most important one on the field.

Wah wah wah Brees and Rivers weren't available.  We're making this roster suitable for a Brees or Rivers to want to come here next year.

Gregory is talented BUT.......I was tipped by a friend who works at a place where the psychiatrist was hired by the Jets to examine potential draft picks.  It so happens Gregory was one of the players brought in by the Jets to be examined.  Word is that Gregory is a nice kid, nice person BUT has 'serious issues' and has difficulty being able to cope with adversity.    :confused0085:

Really? Wow, I can kinda relate to that. Sucks. I feel for the kid. Hopefully things work out for him. His story, if true, would make me happy to cheer for him, though...

...as long as he isn't a Patsy. :winking0001:

Yes we've ignored offense for close to a decade. But we are one pass rusher away from a near perfect defense. It's like eating the last bite of the cookie, just do it lol

That may be true, but will we be able to sustain that near-perfect defense long enough for our offense to become competitive?

I know Gregory from a talent perspective is tempting, but all indications are that he has a relatively serious mental health issue. If so, we could have another Dimitri Patterson on our hands or worse -- a guy who will struggle under the spotlight of NY and the NFL. The Jets really don't need that kind of baggage with so few picks. I would also question DGB for similar reasons. Talent is meaningless if the guy can't play or screws up constantly. I'd rather have Harold or Devin Smith and know that they will be out there working hard and without baggage than the boom-bust baggage guys.

Remember when the people who know everything said you couldn't take Scherff at 6 because he was a Guard and that's too high?

He got taken 5th overall.

Washington reached, and worse, they let the best guy on the board at a position of need go to the next team. Scherff would have gone in the top 10 though. He's versatile enough to merit a top half pick.

He's a guard right? Can't take those high they only play 100% of the snaps

You can.  Though he's the highest ever selected.  But you're stupid to do something so stupid.  Hence the Redskins doing it.  They're the epitome of stupid. 

yup. I watched every bit of these game films in the link below (not highlight reels) last night at 2 AM and I am so sold, that I will explode if he's not the pick.

http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-devin-smith-wr-ohio-state/

Dreadful analysis. Devin Smith is a Marqise Lee clone, whom I adamantly opposed to last year. One-trick pony and a body-catcher.

Tyler Lockett is a much better choice in the 3rd.

I do not believe any of the remaining WRs are worthy of an early 2nd.

O-Line, RB, or BPA on defense.

Archived