Report: Jets Will Want Multiple 1st Rounders for Mo

AFJF

Jason LaCanfora is reporting that the New York Jets will seek multiple first round picks in any deal for star defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson.

In the early stages of a contract dispute, Wilkerson opted to sit out the team's recent voluntary

workouts as he prepares to enter his fifth season.

After selecting Leonard Williams with the sixth overall selection in the NFL draft, speculation regarding Wilkerson's future surfaced immediately.

General Manager Mike Maccagnan was asked about Wilkerson's future but would only say that the team is not shopping the Temple product whom the Jets took in round one of the 2011 draft with the 30th pick.  He did not, nor should he, dismiss the possibility of fielding offers.

Wilkerson is arguably the Jets' best all-around player and is easily in their top three.  

The always classy Wilkerson offered congratulations to Williams  via instagram following the selection.

If multiple first-rounders is indeed the price tag for Wilkerson and the Jets don't move from that, Jets fans should be encouraged.

Gang Green clearly realizes how important Wilkerson is to the team and will likely re-enter contract negotiations if unable to move him for multiple firsts.

If they are able to get what they're asking, then it would be a difficult move to criticize as the Jets would be dealing from a position of strength to add the possibility of adding multiple first rounders.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, let's trade an elite, home grown player who loves playing here. That worked out so well for us in the past.

It's a non-request. I doubt they seriously expect anyone to offer that, but that's what it would take for the Jets to budge. It's like saying "Oh, you're feeling stupid today? Great, I love stupid, let's get stupid, I'll take your franchise altering number of picks off your hands."

I know Coples doesn't have nearly the value of Mo but what about just trading him for  a late rd. pick?  He should really be the odd man out. I know Mo needs a new contract and costs more but we can afford that with Leonard WIlliams now being on a rookie deal and Sheldon still a few years away especially if we front load the deal a little until Sheldon gets paid.

Hopefully someone offers us a 2 today and a 1 next year, because, immediate gratification.

Which is worth less then 1.6 this year. For this to make any sense, Williams would need to be significantly better then Mo, which is a long shot

And they wont get that...so good!  

SUPER UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I like it...thought about this last night and had flashbacks to Parcells dealing Hugh Douglas for a 4th rounder.  Get fair value or keep the guy...if true, one of Mac's best move so far IMO.

I would think he's worth more than just a 1st rounder as he's a guy you hope your 1st rounder will develop into.  Obviously he's also at the point where you have to pay him the big bucks so that takes away some of his value but he's a cornerstone type player.

That's why I like it...thought about this last night and had flashbacks to Parcells dealing Hugh Douglas for a 4th rounder.  Get fair value or keep the guy...if true, one of Mac's best move so far IMO.

Yep!  I just keep thinking about how much it would suck to be an offensive lineman when facing the Jets.  What a nightmare. 

Hey, let's trade an elite, home grown player who loves playing here. That worked out so well for us in the past.

Kinda did if you think about it, we got a First and a Fourth to rent Revis out for two years and now he is back with us claiming that he is a better player now than he was before.

Yep!  I just keep thinking about how much it would suck to be an offensive lineman when facing the Jets.  What a nightmare. 

Hard to fathom honestly....I have a funny feeling this team will be just a little bit better on third down than they were last season.

dude they clearly arent. Basically they are saying MO isnt the block but if you want him you would have to pay a kings ransom

I don't agree with people from Jacksonville often but I must say I would hate to be named Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehil, or Matt Casel / Ej Manuel this season. I would also hate to be anyone on the Patriots sideline when Brady is doing his little crybaby rants because he cant move the ball.

This is like putting your house on the market for double fair market price. You don't want to move but if some moron is wiling to pay that amount, you go and pack your sh*t.

Bingo.

Revis wanted to be wherever the most money was, and I see nothing in all of this suggesting the Jets will be trading Wilkerson.  

This is like putting your house on the market for double fair market price. You don't want to move but if some moron is wiling to pay that amount, you go and pack your sh*t.

Exactly...that's why I say it's a good move if the Jets don't budge on the price.  You make it clear that you would like to keep Mo, but not stupid enough to turn down a ridiculous offer.

I don't agree with people from Jacksonville often but I must say I would hate to be named Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehil, or Matt Casel / Ej Manuel this season. I would also hate to be anyone on the Patriots sideline when Brady is doing his little crybaby rants because he cant move the ball.

I'm sure a 4-time winning Super Bowl QB is going to whine and cry when playing the Jets.

Can't move the ball against the Jets?

Too funny.

I'm sure a 4-time winning Super Bowl QB is going to whine and cry when playing the Jets.

Too funny.

Will be for me when I watch it happen, Brady is well known for his whining on the sidelines when things don't go his way.

Will be for me when I watch it happen, Brady is well known for his whining on the sidelines when things don't go his way.

he has right to say it, but sadly all Pat fans know DEEP down all America views those 4 as asterisks.. It is what it is..asterisks

Too funny.

Be honest....brady is as much of a whiner as he is a winner.  He struggled to move the ball against Darrin Walls and Marcus Williams last year...unless Bowles isn't ready to be a HC, the results should be much better.

Remember, when the Jets actually had respectable CB play they were 3-2 vs Brady and company before talent exodus lead to a lopsided record over the past few seasons.

Exactly...that's why I say it's a good move if the Jets don't budge on the price.  You make it clear that you would like to keep Mo, but not stupid enough to turn down a ridiculous offer.

Now we just need to find that moron. :)

17gyehi9man5ljpg.jpg

Ray-Farmer-quarterback.png

Jerry-Jones.jpg

1371758552_9826_mckenzie.jpg?itok=i8E9zy

RexRyan.jpg

Kinda did if you think about it, we got a First and a Fourth to rent Revis out for two years and now he is back with us claiming that he is a better player now than he was before.

We got Dee Milliner. In return we got another Pats championship and a bill for $74 gazillion dollars.

The posturing goes on- a team will not give up two number ones for him-so expect him to stay unless the Jets think his agent is asking for too much- and they will not budge then next year another story

Archived