Report: Jets Will Want Multiple 1st Rounders for Mo

AFJF

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The posturing goes on- a team will not give up two number ones for him-so expect him to stay unless the Jets think his agent is asking for too much- and they will not budge then next year another story

Aren't future first rounders valued at a round less for the years out. So if we got a 2016 and 2017 first... it would be like a 2nd and 3rd this year, no? Just on the value chart, that is.

We got Dee Milliner. In return we got another Pats championship and a bill for $74 gazillion dollars.

What does Milliner have to do with the Revis trade? We traded Revis because we didn't want to pay him. It's not like the two were part of some over-arching plan. This is a little different because of the transactions happening in the opposite order, but not much.

Aren't future first rounders valued at a round less for the years out. So if we got a 2016 and 2017 first... it would be like a 2nd and 3rd this year, no? Just on the value chart, that is.

Basically, if its true Maccagnan wants two 1st's, there's no way Wilkerson is dealt before next offseason.  No 1st-year GM is going to look to acquire a 2017 1st rounder.  His predecessor only lasted 2 years here; I can't imagine Maccagnan is thinking as far ahead as 2017 right now.  Every move he's made so far had had an eye on contending the next 2 seasons.

So unless someone out there were to have two 1sts in 2016, or Mo holds out, welcome to one of the best DL's in the history of ever next season.

Yes as to next year. There isn't enough history of trading picks two years out for there really to be an established value. And it's all more of a picks-for-picks relative thing anyway. A first for a player is a first.

Basically, if its true Maccagnan wants two 1st's, there's no way Wilkerson is dealt before next offseason.  No 1st-year GM is going to look to acquire a 2017 1st rounder.  His predecessor only lasted 2 years here; I can't imagine Maccagnan is thinking as far ahead as 2017 right now.  Every move he's made so far had had an eye on contending the next 2 seasons.

So unless someone out there were to have two 1sts in 2016, or Mo holds out, welcome to one of the best DL's in the history of ever next season.

The only thing I could see happening is if we got a high 2nd this year, a future first 2016, and a player, a good player... like a non-garbage QB player.

What does Milliner have to do with the Revis trade? We traded Revis because we didn't want to pay him. It's not like the two were part of some over-arching plan. This is a little different because of the transactions happening in the opposite order, but not much.

Hey you know what? We should have this argument for a 4th time. It ends just swell every time.

So like what u just gon be mad all the time now?

I am fueled by negative emotion, I am the goo from Ghostbusters 2, put ur baby in the tub so that I might eat him plz

This seems like a veiled attempt to poke fun in my direction.  I, for one, will not stand for it.

When was the last time that anyone other than a QB was traded for multiple 1st rounders? The Bills sorta did that in a roundabout way for Sammy Watkins, but that was stupid on their part. I don't see anyone giving up multiple 1sts for him only to have to pay him big bucks. Makes no sense. Then again, neither does drafting a guy 6th overall and being unable to start him.

Which is worth less then 1.6 this year. For this to make any sense, Williams would need to be significantly better then Mo, which is a long shot

Having 2 first round picks in a draft is the first step to having enough ammo to trade up for a high pick (i.e. franchise qb territory)

That's why I like it...thought about this last night and had flashbacks to Parcells dealing Hugh Douglas for a 4th rounder. Get fair value or keep the guy...if true, one of Mac's best move so far IMO.

Holy shlt that's all he got for Hugh? I was like 14-15 at the time and don't remember exactly, just remember being disappointed cause I liked Hugh, he was a good player. To get a 4th only is idiotic, regardless of how good Parcells was for us.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Holy shlt that's all he got for Hugh? I was like 14-15 at the time and don't remember exactly, just remember being disappointed cause I liked Hugh, he was a good player. To get a 4th only is idiotic, regardless of how good Parcells was for us.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Going off memory but I believe it was.

Another f*cking elite D-Lineman? The f*ck man, the f*ck. YOU CAN'T WIN TITLES WITH THOSE EXCEPT FOR THOSE 12 TIMES.

Go Richardson. Would have been nice to just keep Revis and draft him and then we don't have to watch the greatest player this franchise has had since Namath go win Tom Brady a 4th Super Bowl. But since we're not allowed to talk about stuff that happened in the past I won't bring that up.

Hey you know what? We should have this argument for a 4th time. It ends just swell every time.

Go Richardson. Would have been nice to just keep Revis and draft him and then we don't have to watch the greatest player this franchise has had since Namath go win Tom Brady a 4th Super Bowl. But since we're not allowed to talk about stuff that happened in the past I won't bring that up.

You don't think they'd have taken Miliner with Revis coming off a major injury and not signed long term?

You don't think they'd have taken Miliner with Revis coming off a major injury and not signed long term?

I think if we kept Revis and Cro we absolutely draft Richardson at 9. Yes. We would also have them for cheaper than we do now. And most importantly the Pats don't win another SB.

Nobody in their right mind is gonna give up 2 first round picks PLUS give a mega contract to Mo.   If this is the asking price, expect him to walk in free agency in 2016 or 2017, depending on if the Jets want to apply the franchise tag after this season.

Archived