Zac Stacy Traded to Jets (MERGED)

Ghost

Maccagnan just traded the 7th round pick they got from the Bears during the Marshall trade for Zac Stacy. In otherwords, Macc just got Brandon Marshall and Zac Stacy for a 5th round pick.

F'ing genius.

You could even say he got Marshall and Stacey to trade back 12 spots in the 3rd and another 12 spots or so in the 5th, if you consider what we gave up to recoup a 5th.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. And man I like Stacy he's very underrated. I watched quite a bit of him with the rams. Better RB than Ridley imo.

I had him on my fantasy team  for a little last year so I paid attention to him also.  He completely disappeared but not sure why although I should remind people of who his OC was.

What an odd draft.

I have a very hard time finding fault or criticism for:

NFL Draft 2015:

1st Round (#6):  Leonard Williams, DE (Junior), USC, 6-4⅝, 302 lbs

2nd Round (#37):  Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State,  6-0⅜, 196 lbs

3rd Round (#70):  Pick Traded to Houston Texans for WR DeVier Posey, 82nd pick (Round 3), 152nd pick (Round 5) & 229th pick (Round 7)

3rd Round (#82 From Texans):  Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville,  6-3⅝, 259 lbs

4th Round (#103):  Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor, 6-2⅞, 230 lbs

5th Round (#142):  Pick traded to Chicago Bears for Brandon Marshall, WR

5th Round (#152 From Texans):  Jarvis Harrison, OT, Texas A&M, 6-4⅛, 330 lbs

6th Round (#181):  Pick traded to Seattle Seahawks for Percy Harvin, WR (Harvin cut 3/10/15)

7th Round (#223):  Deon Simon, DT, NE St., 6-4⅜, 321 lbs

7th Round (#224 From Bears):  Traded to Rams for RB, Zac Stacy

7th Round (#229 From Texans):  Traded to Jags to move from Pick #104 to #103

I had him on my fantasy team for a little last year so I paid attention to him also. He completely disappeared but not sure why although I should remind people of who his OC was.

No QB. Teams probably dared Rams to beat them via pass. OL had issues too?

I hope we bring in Stephon Diggs or Tre MCBride, if he goes undrafted.   I bet Mac is already on the phone lining up UDFAs as we come down to the wire. 

Can't wait to see the UDFA thread.  Anyone gonna get that going??? 

NFL Draft 2015:

1st Round (#6):  Leonard Williams, DE (Junior), USC, 6-4⅝, 302 lbs

2nd Round (#37):  Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State,  6-0⅜, 196 lbs

3rd Round (#70):  Pick Traded to Houston Texans for WR DeVier Posey, 82nd pick (Round 3), 152nd pick (Round 5) & 229th pick (Round 7)

3rd Round (#82 From Texans):  Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville,  6-3⅝, 259 lbs

4th Round (#103):  Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor, 6-2⅞, 230 lbs

5th Round (#142):  Pick traded to Chicago Bears for Brandon Marshall, WR

5th Round (#152 From Texans):  Jarvis Harrison, OT, Texas A&M, 6-4⅛, 330 lbs

6th Round (#181):  Pick traded to Seattle Seahawks for Percy Harvin, WR (Harvin cut 3/10/15)

7th Round (#223):  Deon Simon, DT, NE St., 6-4⅜, 321 lbs

7th Round (#224 From Bears):  Traded to Rams for RB, Zac Stacy

7th Round (#229 From Texans):  Traded to Jags to move from Pick #104 to #103

agree aquatic one,, good looking draft

**** that. No 2nd for Glennon is unforgivable. We lost out on him to...wait who gave that up for him again?

Im feeling some type of way that they didnt trade for Glennon. Bryce Petty is garbage. I just finished watching his game vs West Virginia about an hour ago. This guy is total trash. Its not even worth me commenting in the thread created here. 

We still have time though. 

Maccagnan deserves a lot of praise for this draft.

Terrific picks, for the most part, through the three days.  Plus the fact that he turned a 5th and a 7th round pick into Brandon Marshall, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Zac Stacy.  

I hope that Rex and Idzik have taken notice of what Maccagnan has done.  This (at least so far), is how you competently run an NFL franchise.

I hope we bring in Stephon Diggs or Tre MCBride, if he goes undrafted.   I bet Mac is already on the phone lining up UDFAs as we come down to the wire.

I have a feeling he will have a field day in the UDFA market. Add this to the draft, trades and FA signings, and the transformation is staggering.

Can't wait to see the UDFA thread.  Anyone gonna get that going??? 

there wont be many agents of UDFAs telling thier kids to go to Jets ;)

But we have shot at any good offensive UDFA's,,

I'd concentrate on Special teams here...

Im feeling some type of way that they didnt trade for Glennon. Bryce Petty is garbage. I just finished watching his game vs West Virginia about an hour ago. This guy is total trash. Its not even worth me commenting in the thread created here. 

Glennon has always had Bledsoe Disease, aka, Happy Feet,, he is no knight in shining armour, IMHO anyways

there wont be many agents of UDFAs telling thier kids to go to Jets ;)

But we have shot at any good offensive UDFA's,,

I'd concentrate on Special teams here...

Your right. UDFA defensive players, their agents will be like, "the Jets?", f*ck that! you'll have ZERO chance getting playing time there!

"Just go up & down that defensive roster".

Though I will say an ILB MIGHT have an outside chance.

Glennon has always had Bledsoe Disease, aka, Happy Feet,, he is no knight in shining armour, IMHO anyways

I see the total opposite with him. I've seen nothing but a calm guy that looks very natural in the pocket and keeps his eyes down the field at all times. And this is with the Tampa Bay O-line im talking about here. 

I never once thought "he tucked the ball and pulled his eyes down too early". I've seen Glennon take some nasty hits keeping his eyes down the field to complete a pass, then having that pass nullified because of an offensive holding call or the WR having a concentration drop. 

Damn.... could it be?  Could we really have a regime that is to be reckoned with.... Has the "circus" FINALLY moved on?  (getting goose bumps)

It is called having a REAL PLAN!!!!!

Thank you Father you have heard my Plea!!! [-o<

I see the total opposite with him. I've seen nothing but a calm guy that looks very natural in the pocket and keeps his eyes down the field at all times. And this is with the Tampa Bay O-line im talking about here. 

I never once thought "he tucked the ball and pulled his eyes down too early". I've seen Glennon take some nasty hits keeping his eyes down the field to complete a pass, then having that pass nullified because of an offensive holding call or the WR having a concentration drop.

not a fan of glennon at least not for a 2nd round pick like somebody suggested

NFL Draft 2015:

1st Round (#6): Leonard Williams, DE (Junior), USC, 6-4⅝, 302 lbs

2nd Round (#37): Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State, 6-0⅜, 196 lbs

3rd Round (#70): Pick Traded to Houston Texans for WR DeVier Posey, 82nd pick (Round 3), 152nd pick (Round 5) & 229th pick (Round 7)

3rd Round (#82 From Texans): Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville, 6-3⅝, 259 lbs

4th Round (#103): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor, 6-2⅞, 230 lbs

5th Round (#142): Pick traded to Chicago Bears for Brandon Marshall, WR

5th Round (#152 From Texans): Jarvis Harrison, OT, Texas A&M, 6-4⅛, 330 lbs

6th Round (#181): Pick traded to Seattle Seahawks for Percy Harvin, WR (Harvin cut 3/10/15)

7th Round (#223): Deon Simon, DT, NE St., 6-4⅜, 321 lbs

7th Round (#224 From Bears): Traded to Rams for RB, Zac Stacy

7th Round (#229 From Texans): Traded to Jags to move from Pick #104 to #103

Yes. I am aware of who they picked. However thank you for color coding it.

I sure hope Rex hasn't taken notice. He's a rival now.

Not quite what I was getting at, but point taken.  ;)

At least we can always count on him to make stupid personnel decisions.  As good as the Bills are now, they'll get a little less talented each year.

At least you're going down with the ship. I respect that.

Not quite what I was getting at, but point taken.   ;)

At least we can always count on him to make stupid personnel decisions.  As good as the Bills are now, they'll get a little less talented each year.

Exactly. Their decline will be very entertaining for us fans.

Petty was lights out in Fiesta Bowl last year. Maybe you should watch that..  They lost the game but it wasn't his fault. Baylor coach basically handed game to C. Florida.  Petty was outstanding in that game 30 of 47. 

Jon Gruden loves this kid. I think he knows a bit more about Qb's than most - even here on Jet nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1OoM6cdQ4

Nice mix of talent and character guys, a decent mid round QB, plus the pickups of Marshall, Fitz and Now Stacy for very little make this a pleasing draft to the eye. Now it all comes down to who ends up actually being players in the league. Obviously love Williams' chances of being an elite player.

At least you're going down with the ship. I respect that.

Thank you sir. Thats my guy so I got to stick it out. If the Jets don't end up with him (Its looking rather bleak that we would) I totally expect something to happen like the Bills trading for him and Rex Dominating the AFCE for the next 10 years. 

We'd be totally deserving of that lol. 

I don't see Tampa trading Glennon.  With as unreliable a QB/person as Jameis Winston, they need to have a veteran backup there for when/if Winston screws up again.

And even if Rex did trade for him, he'd ruin his career even moreso than it already is at this point.

Petty was lights out in Fiesta Bowl last year. Maybe you should watch that..  They lost the game but it wasn't his fault. Baylor coach basically handed game to C. Florida.  Petty was outstanding in that game 30 of 47. 

Jon Gruden loves this kid. I think he knows a bit more about Qb's than most - even here on Jet nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1OoM6cdQ4

I'll be going through all his games. I watched a few games some months back on him and just stopped given what I saw. Now that he's a Jet I will watch every game. I seen the gruden camp, and honestly, Gruden is in love with everyone on that show. 

So far what I see is a guy who is a 1 read QB that literally never steps up into the pocket. He's inaccurate and overthrows wide open receivers. I should be able to go through all of his available games by the end of the week. Hopefully I can get my new kitchen that im building done by tomorrow. 

Obviously picking 6th is an advantage as oppose to picking 18th or whatever we were at last year, but overall including trades this draft looks a LOT better than last year's to the eye.......now on to the field!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived