Zac Stacy Traded to Jets (MERGED)

Ghost

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one the Jets RB depth chart is as good as Gurley.

He's played 0 downs in the NFL. No one on the Jets RB depth chart may have the ability or potential of a Gurley, but no one knows if he'll be any better come September and the games are played.

He's played 0 downs in the NFL. No one on the Jets RB depth chart may have the ability or potential of a Gurley, but no one knows if he'll be any better come September and the games are played.

I'd trade the whole Jets RB depth chart for Gurley in a second.  

I don't get the hate on Ivory ... The guy is a beast.

Ivory

Powell

Ridley

Stacey

I'm good with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope this is the way it looks.  Powell is the only one of the group that can catch out of the backfield, or pass block effectively for that matter.  The others are all hard running pounders.  That's OK, those guys are always nicked up if over worked

Guess they will do away with the FB position, thank God

You wouldn't trade Ivory, Powell, Ridley and Stacy for Gurley? Why not? Not one of them has close to his ceiling.

What's his ceiling? Running backs are a dime a dozen and Gurley is not on the level of the best backs in the NFL. And that was before the knee injury.

Seems pretty obvious we're going to be grounding and pounding. We've brought in two running backs that are exactly like Ivory. Maybe there's some hope for Stacy as a pass catcher, unlike Ridley.

Stacy was decent out of the backfield his rookie year...Stacy has talent, but fell out of favor last year it seems. I thought Ivory played like crap last year especially over the second half of the season.

Agreed.  Gurley is a great prospect, but that's all he is at this point, a prospect.  And an injured one too.  I might trade one or maybe even two of our four RBs for him, but to trade all four of them, as has been suggested, not a chance.

I don't think the RB stable is the weakness that it's being made out to be.  None of them are studs, of course, but Ivory has performed well for us, as has Powell at times.  Stacy and Ridley have both had some success in the league as well.

What's his ceiling? Running backs are a dime a dozen and Gurley is not on the level of the best backs in the NFL. And that was before the knee injury.

The Rams thought otherwise.  A RB drafted in the top 10 is worth more than any of the JAGs on the Jets roster.

fwiw I think there's a decent chance Powell's starting week 1.

I'm one of the few here who have been saying he's capable. Dude isn't flashy, he's not a homerun threat, but he's good at every aspect of playing the RB position. Behind a bulldozing OL, which I'm frankly not sure if we have, he could easily emerge as a bellcow in the way guys like Thomas Jones and Adrien Murrell have for us in the past. Dependable, durable, good at every aspect of his job, just not a guy that will set the world on fire.

Stacy is meh, he was 4th on the depth chart in STL, because he's limited at being an everything RB. Not sure how he'll snap into what we're doing, but I do know Fisher was just dead-set on finding the next Eddie George out there. I would have much preferred trading for Tre Mason, he just seemed far more explosive. Anyway, we'll cobble together a RB pecking order, but I agree, Powell has as good a chance as any of these guys at being "the guy". 

I'm rooting for Powell to emerge.

Agreed.  Gurley is a great prospect, but that's all he is at this point, a prospect.  And an injured one too.  I might trade one or maybe even two of our four RBs for him, but to trade all four of them, as has been suggested, not a chance.

I don't think the RB stable is the weakness that it's being made out to be.  None of them are studs, of course, but Ivory has performed well for us, as has Powell at times.  Stacy and Ridley have both had some success in the league as well.

Ridley is also injured.  Ivory can't catch, Powell is the definition of meh and Stacy was out of shape last year and lost his job.  RB isn't a weakness but it's not really a strength either.

It's funny, but when all was said and done, Stacy reminds me a lot of David Cobb out of MN. Perhaps better vision than Cobb, but same kind of runner. Jets had priorities and pass-rushing OLB was higher than a RB. Still got somebody in the mix, just not the perfect guy to fill the gap as a pass-catcher. There will be a lot of guys that won't fit other systems once the cuts start rolling around so let's see what happens. Jets absolutely nailed the draft by any measure.

Running back by committee is the way to go in this league.

There's only one Marshawn Lynch.

What the hell have the Vikings won with AP?

The Texans won 1 game in 2013 with Foster.

The Cowboys needed 1st round picks at every position on the Oline to get Murray to take off & they still let him walk.

Trent Richardson was a bust.

The Patriots picked up Blount off the trash heap & he ripped the Colts a new one in the playoffs.

There's a reason RBs aren't picked in the 1st round anymore & this year there wasn't enough studs after the top 10 in the draft to avoid grabbing Gurley & the Wisconsin kid.

Running backs get hurt....a lot. Jets have a good enough stable with Ivory, Powell, Ridley, Stacy.

Look at the Ravens,they replaced Rice with a vet in Forsett & didn't miss a step.

The Jet RB depth chart is brutal

The depth is brutal?  I'd disagree with that.  They have 4 guys who can carry the load at any given time, they just dont have a premier back.  A bunch of so so guys, but I wouldnt say that depth is an issue.  They're deep, just not with anyone special.

Kind of strange the way we are getting these Rams cast-offs.  2012, Darryl Richardson has a nice year backing up Jackson  - 500 @ 4.8, a bunch of receptions.  2013, they let Jackson walk and Richardson barely cracks 3ypc for 215, losing stats and carries to Zac Stacy.  Stacy gets almost 1000, though he is under 4ypc. 2014, Stacy loses carries to Tre Mason and ends up with under 300 yards, continuing at a 3.9 ypc clip.  I guess next year we will get Tre Mason after he has a down year.  Meanwhile, Isaiah Pead manages to stick around with no production.

The depth is brutal?  I'd disagree with that.  They have 4 guys who can carry the load at any given time, they just dont have a premier back.  A bunch of so so guys, but I wouldnt say that depth is an issue.  They're deep, just not with anyone special.

they have 3 guys who are basically the same player along with a 3rd down guy who is slow.

I couldnt believe they didnt target a back...I do kinda like Stacy though. If he's committed I think he'll end up getting the bulk of the carries.

they have 3 guys who are basically the same player along with a 3rd down guy who is slow.

I couldnt believe they didnt target a back...I do kinda like Stacy though. If he's committed I think he'll end up getting the bulk of the carries.

It looks like the Jets are going with the old Parcells approach-I will bludgeon you with big RB's until it breaks your back in the 4th quarter.

But the Jets are approaching it differently. Rather than having one big back absorb all the punishment, they are sharing the load.

My hope is that the O-line can hold up to this.

I don't mind the depth and I don't mind giving up the 7th rounder but Stacy is not an upgrade over the 3 other guys we already have on the roster. But if we suffer a couple of injuries he isn't a terrible replacement. 

What they are looking to do is keeps backs fresh, and wear down defenses.

Hopefully the o-line can impose their will a little.

If the Jets are successful in this, it opens up the passing game much more easily, and you can really use Smith on some play action snaps.

Ivory is the #1 back who will get the bulk of the carries. 

Well yeah, they're deep in the fact they have 3 of the exact same back!  haha

At least Ivory has some game breaker to him.

What they are looking to do is keeps backs fresh, and wear down defenses.

Hopefully the o-line can impose their will a little.

If the Jets are successful in this, it opens up the passing game much more easily, and you can really use Smith on some play action snaps.

This.  Stacy could actually be the perfect fit, as he is a one cut physical runner. The JETS will do the same thing on offense that they will do on defense...throw a horde of guys at you who have a similar skillset and talent level. Whilst other teams will wear down, the JETS will not have much if any talent dropoff regardless of who is playing. This team is shaping up to be a very physical nightmare for other teams to play.

• The Marshall trade, the Smith pick and Gailey's spread become the keys on O as Defenses will no longer be able to cheat or stack the box. More room for Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Amaro and now Smith to operate. If Owusu and one of Evans or Enunwa can step up, our WR depth will be complete.
  • The crowded backfield should become a bigger weapon than previous years as a result of the spacing dictated by the WR core and offensive philosophy. With less defensive pressure in the box and an improved OLine, Defenses will have a lot to handle dealing with Ivory, Ridley and now Stacy. All of these guys run about 220lbs and can also pass protect (or so I have heard) Add to that mix Powell, the jack of all trades. They may not be all world outstanding but they are all solid , decent backs. 
  • This will be a team that can play all out for 60 minutes. The depth on both sides of skilled ,experienced players is unprecedented in recent memory of JETS teams.

Archived