KennyO7's Way Too Early 53 Man Roster and Practice Squad

kennyo7

OFFENSE (24)

QB (3)- Smith, Fitzpatrick, Petty

RB (4)- Ivory, Powell, Ridley, Stacy

WR (6)- Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith, Enunwa, Owusu

TE (3)- Amaro, Davis, Saxton

OL (8) - Ferguson, Carpenter, Mangold, Aboushi, Giacomini, Hilliard, Colon, Dozier

DEFENSE (26)

D-Line (6)- Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams, Barnes, Douzable, Vickerson

ILB (4)- Harris, Davis, Henderson, Jones

OLB (6) - Coples, Pace, Babin, Mauldin, Enemkpali, Reilly

CB (6)- Revis, Cromarti, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle, Williams

S (4)- Pryor, Gilchrist, Allen, Jarrett

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K (1)- Folk

P (1)- Quigley

LS (1)- Purdum

PRACTICE SQUAD (10)

Deon Simon, DL

Julian Howsare, OLB

Deion Barnes, OLB

Durell Eskridge, S

Dashaun Phillips, CB

Shaq Evans, WR

Brent Qvale, OT

Chris Pantale, TE

Jarvis Harrison, OG

Dalton Freeman, C

**** Snacks gets traded before the season starts

Overall, better talent at the WR position and in the secondary and much better depth with younger players

Love how this team is being built

Mac and Bowles will have this team going in the right direction

thanks for saving me the effort, I was going to have a go at this, lol

owusu and enunwa kick returners ?

no cumby ?

is freeman eligible for PS ?

Cumberland is a JAG. Davis provides blocking as a TE which we have not had and Saxton has a lot of potential as a reciever, kind of a TE/HB hybrid adding an extra dimension to our passing game

Freeman is PS eligible

Not sure if Owusu/Enunwa can return kicks. Cro and Kerley can

Cumberland and Snacks will be on the team, I don't think they'll carry 4 RB's. 

Cumberland is not good enough a blocker as Davis and Saxton has more potential in the passing game so Cumby is out

Snacks will get traded. Williams will prove too good not to be on the field all the time and Snacks has trade value, with Barnes developing into a solid back up and depth with Douzable/Vickerson plus Simon on the PS, trading Snacks now makes sense

Without a FB and questionable health of Ridley, I think we do carry 4 RBs

Hopefully Colon isn't needed and he'll be cut and replaced with Harrison.

Walls will be on the team. They're going to carry 7 corners. Milliner and McDougle can't be counted on and Revis and Cro have injury histories. He'd beat out Williams too.

Not sure both Pace and Babin make it through training camp either.

I think a defensive lineman will be moved. Just not sure which one yet.

RB Daryl Richardson is still on the roster as well 

WR Posey recently acquired in a draft day trade will compete and win a spot I think 

Dont think either Richardson or Posey make the squad. Sure they will compete but ultimately get cut

Hopefully Colon isn't needed and he'll be cut and replaced with Harrison.

Walls will be on the team. They're going to carry 7 corners. Milliner and McDougle can't be counted on and Revis and Cro have injury histories. He'd beat out Williams too.

Not sure both Pace and Babin make it through training camp either.

I think a defensive lineman will be moved. Just not sure which one yet.

I think they do. Bowles loves his veterans to provide leadership and both Pace and Babin are solid citizens who bring something different to the table in terms of their games. I think both will be counted on mentoring the younger guys for one year before they are let go next year

Cumberland is not good enough a blocker as Davis and Saxton has more potential in the passing game so Cumby is out

Snacks will get traded. Williams will prove too good not to be on the field all the time and Snacks has trade value, with Barnes developing into a solid back up and depth with Douzable/Vickerson plus Simon on the PS, trading Snacks now makes sense

Tommy Bohanon!

Not sure Snacks will be dealt.  I think he's our only true NT so it would depend on what Bowles wants to do but in a true 3-man front, who else can man the middle as effectively?  Mo is listed at 315, Sheldon and Williams are around 295/300.  Snacks is 350+.  Completely different kind of player.

I think Barnes is as big or bigger, but not sure if he brings as much to the table as Snacks (pun intended).

I really hope we don't trade Snacks, he's too good of a run stuffer to just trade away because of depth.

Williams will make you forget about Snacks real quick. He is going to be a monster. Kind of like when we traded Adrian Murrell and signed Curtis Martin. Sometimes you have to get rid of solid players if you can upgrade the position.

Not sure Snacks will be dealt.  I think he's our only true NT so it would depend on what Bowles wants to do but in a true 3-man front, who else can man the middle as effectively?  Mo is listed at 315, Sheldon and Williams are around 295/300.  Snacks is 350+.  Completely different kind of player.

I think Barnes is as big or bigger, but not sure if he brings as much to the table as Snacks (pun intended).

Cautiously optimistic about Barnes. Agree Snacks is a different type of player but  Williams adds so much more. He can stuff the run and penetrate to case havoc. I like snacks, but he is expandable. Get value from him in a trade when you can

OFFENSE (24)

QB (3)- Smith, Fitzpatrick, Petty

RB (4)- Ivory, Powell, Ridley, Stacy

WR (6)- Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Smith, Enunwa, Owusu

TE (3)- Amaro, Davis, Saxton

OL (8) - Ferguson, Carpenter, Mangold, Aboushi, Giacomini, Hilliard, Colon, Dozier

DEFENSE (26)

D-Line (6)- Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams, Barnes, Douzable, Vickerson

ILB (4)- Harris, Davis, Henderson, Jones

OLB (6) - Coples, Pace, Babin, Mauldin, Enemkpali, Reilly

CB (6)- Revis, Cromarti, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle, Williams

S (4)- Pryor, Gilchrist, Allen, Jarrett

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

K (1)- Folk

P (1)- Quigley

LS (1)- Purdum

PRACTICE SQUAD (10)

Deon Simon, DL

Julian Howsare, OLB

Deion Barnes, OLB

Durell Eskridge, S

Dashaun Phillips, CB

Shaq Evans, WR

Brent Qvale, OT

Chris Pantale, TE

Jarvis Harrison, OG

Dalton Freeman, C

**** Snacks gets traded before the season starts

Jarvis Harrison on the practice squad????

Jarvis Harrison on the practice squad????

Yup. Hes not that good. Dozier is better at this point and can play RT as well as G. Colon and Hilliard provide veteran options as backups. Both can play either G or T.

RB Daryl Richardson is still on the roster as well 

WR Posey recently acquired in a draft day trade will compete and win a spot I think 

I agree about Posey. He's a former 3rd Round pick and is affiliated with MacCagnan. 

I hope they give Sudfield one more year, I still have high hopes for that kid.

Why? What you see is what you get. Nice ST player but never seen a guy as big as him play so soft. That game in Green Bay, jeez, guy was brutal

Williams will make you forget about Snacks real quick. He is going to be a monster. Kind of like when we traded Adrian Murrell and signed Curtis Martin. Sometimes you have to get rid of solid players if you can upgrade the position.

1997 Murrell had 300 carries for 1086 yd 7 tds and 3.6 ypc Add Vinny pro bowl year Mawae Pro Bowl center and the compiler had 369 carries for 1287 8 tds and 3.5 ypc..Wow your right a huge difference.. :animal0029: Snacks is a top NT no reason to get rid of him yet..

1997 Murrell had 300 carries for 1086 yd 7 tds and 3.6 ypc Add Vinny pro bowl year Mawae Pro Bowl center and the compiler had 369 carries for 1287 8 tds and 3.5 ypc..Wow your right a huge difference.. :animal0029: Snacks is a top NT no reason to get rid of him yet..

It bears repeating that Snacks and Williams are different positions.  Williams is not a NT and is in no way a replacement for Snacks (who weighs over 50 lbs. more).  That's almost like saying Kris Jenkins was a replacement for John Abraham.

Archived