And the Winner of JN Mock Draft V2.0 is...

Lith

Hess Station, for his Atlanta Falcons draft.  Each pick was ranked based upon where the players were picked in the actual draft.  Based upon this ranking, Hess had the best draft:

jn%20FALCONS_zpsdiihoibh.jpg

Link to the spreadsheet in Google docs (Be patient -- it takes a few seconds for the table to load):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oycsWqII81w3MoVfccqLl5iWrZgr0RsiKc1eX4GeDRI/edit?usp=sharing

Using the same scoring system, the worst draft belonged to me and the KC Chiefs:

JN%20CHIEFS_zpsphgvnqp0.jpg

My KC draft was so bad, that even without the La'el Collins pick, I still would have had the 3rd worst draft.  At least my draft for the Colts was 6th best, but this KC draft was just ugly.  I knew I hated that Dismukes pick right after I made it.

Using the same scoring system, the worst draft belonged to me and the KC Chiefs:

JN%20CHIEFS_zpsphgvnqp0.jpg

My KC draft was so bad, that even without the La'el Collins pick, I still would have had the 3rd worst draft.  At least my draft for the Colts was 6th best, but this KC draft was just ugly.  I knew I hated that Dismukes pick right after I made it.

In your defense NE reached by a mile and a half for Grissom

In your defense NE reached by a mile and a half for Grissom

Turned out that was the only good pick I had -- I had him 233 and he went 97 -- +136 points for that one.  That and MyCole Pruitt in the 5th.  All others were negative,  Embarrassing.

Turned out that was the only good pick I had -- I had him 233 and he went 97 -- +136 points for that one.  That and MyCole Pruitt in the 5th.  All others were negative,  Embarrassing.

Oh that is pretty cool...that is the criteria you use to judge these....where they were selected in the mock, vs the actual selection?  

Oh that is pretty cool...that is the criteria you use to judge these....where they were selected in the mock, vs the actual selection?  

Yup.  If someone took a guy late relative to where he went in the actual draft, he got good value for him.  If we took him to early or a guy was not drafted at all, then we reached.  Seemed like an objective way to rate the drafts.  Hess consistently found good value, taking guys who were drafted much earlier by the actual GMs, and my draft was the reverse.  I picked guys much earlier than where the actual NFL GMs had them.

Well I got Winston and Marpett right for the Buccaroos.

Where can we find the final scoring? Curios to see how I faired.

I think you were the only guy to get two players slotted to the right team.  We only had 10 or 11 in total that were drafted to their actual NFL teams.

I will post it on Google docs later today.  Did it last night, but it looks like I never saved the file, so I will need to re-do it today.  I guess I wanted to erase any evidence of that butt ugly Chiefs draft.

I think you were the only guy to get two players slotted to the right team.  We only had 10 or 11 in total that were drafted to their actual NFL teams.

I will post it on Google docs later today.  Did it last night, but it looks like I never saved the file, so I will need to re-do it today.  I guess I wanted to erase any evidence of that butt ugly Chiefs draft.

That Scherff pick really screwed things up for the rest of the Draft. There were quite a few reaches this year in the 1st 2 rounds. NE blew me away with how bad  their #2 was. Thank the Lord lil'Bill can't draft!!

Well I got Winston and Marpett right for the Buccaroos.

Where can we find the final scoring? Curios to see how I faired.

That's actually more impressive. One year I had the broncos and hit Ryan Clady on the nose at around 13, 14 or something. Felt good about myself all year ;).

That's awesome Lith.  DId you put these on the spreadsheet?  Id like to see mine and others.

I will.  I did it last night and shut down the laptop without saving.  I will re-do it today and post a link to the sheet in Google docs in this thread when it is finished.

I was going to post up some team's real drafts vs the JN mock drafters and ask who did better, the JN mocker or the team's real life GM?  I just didn't have the time to put the data in a comparison mode.

For example:

New York Jets-Mike Maccagnan:

6 - Leonard Williams DT

37 - Devin Smith WR

82 - Lorenzo  Mauldin OLB

103 - Bryce Petty QB

152 - Jarvis Harrison OG

223 - Deon Simon DE

7th rd trade - Zac Stacy RB

vs.

New York Jets-32EBoozer:

6 - Amari Cooper WR

37 - Eli Harold OLB

70 - David Johnson RB

104 - Derron Smith FS

223 - Aaron Donnal OT

224 - Wes Saxton TE (UDFA for Jets)

On this one, I'm voting Maccagnan.  If you include the Zac Stacy trade, Mac came away with a better haul.  No offense to 32.

Would love to do this for all 32 teams, if I had the time.

He had Saxton too, for the Jets who Mac signed quickly as an UDFA

He had Saxton too, for the Jets who Mac signed quickly as an UDFA

I love the Saxton signing.  Add Saxton, Taiwan Jones and Durrell Eskridge to an already strong draft and this was definitely an A weekend for Mac. But I am drawing the line at adding UDFAs into my analysis -- trying to map 256 draft picks into our mock is enough.

I love the Saxton signing.  Add Saxton, Taiwan Jones and Durrell Eskridge to an already strong draft and this was definitely an A weekend for Mac. But I am drawing the line at adding UDFAs into my analysis -- trying to map 256 draft picks into our mock is enough.

I agree.  Just mentioned Saxton because the Jets ended up with him and he called that.

That Scherff pick really screwed things up for the rest of the Draft. There were quite a few reaches this year in the 1st 2 rounds. NE blew me away with how bad  their #2 was. Thank the Lord lil'Bill can't draft!!

Funny how we all complained about Scherff going 1 overall in the first mock and then he goes 5 overall in the real thing and completely changes the Jets draft.  If Williams is not on the board for us, we probably go White in the first -- in which case it is unlikely that we go Smith in the 2nd.  Our draft could have been completely different.

Funny how we all complained about Scherff going 1 overall in the first mock and then he goes 5 overall in the real thing and completely changes the Jets draft.  If Williams is not on the board for us, we probably go White in the first -- in which case it is unlikely that we go Smith in the 2nd.  Our draft could have been completely different.

Yeah.... we may have gone higher rated pure edge rusher #2 or OL. In a couple of years I think that we will be thankful that it turned out this way. I like Smith a lot. I hope Mauldin is the 2nd coming of Suggs and Petty and the G in the 5th gives us something

Below is link to new Google Doc which has our mock with the actual NFL pick for the comparison.  There are sheets summarizing results by team.  To calculate points, I assumed any UDFA was picked at #257.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oycsWqII81w3MoVfccqLl5iWrZgr0RsiKc1eX4GeDRI/edit?usp=sharing

I guess I missed the page explaining the scoring of this draft?! I would have drafted differently if I knew it were how players were to be mocked vs. where selected. I got "0" points for Winston. I thought we get points for the guys we "Nailed" for each team.

Oh, well. It was fun... Thanks Lith and Dcat.

I was going to post up some team's real drafts vs the JN mock drafters and ask who did better, the JN mocker or the team's real life GM?  I just didn't have the time to put the data in a comparison mode.

For example:

New York Jets-Mike Maccagnan:

6 - Leonard Williams DT

37 - Devin Smith WR

82 - Lorenzo  Mauldin OLB

103 - Bryce Petty QB

152 - Jarvis Harrison OG

223 - Deon Simon DE

7th rd trade - Zac Stacy RB

vs.

New York Jets-32EBoozer:

6 - Amari Cooper WR

37 - Eli Harold OLB

70 - David Johnson RB

104 - Derron Smith FS

223 - Aaron Donnal OT

224 - Wes Saxton TE (UDFA for Jets)

On this one, I'm voting Maccagnan.  If you include the Zac Stacy trade, Mac came away with a better haul.  No offense to 32.

Would love to do this for all 32 teams, if I had the time.

Wish we did 7 rounds in version 1.  Here were the the picks for that mock for the Jets

6 - Vic Beasley LB

37 - Duke Johnson RB

70 -Cedric Ogbuehi OT

103- Nelson Agholor WR

I guess I missed the page explaining the scoring of this draft?! I would have drafted differently if I knew it were how players were to be mocked vs. where selected. I got "0" points for Winston. I thought we get points for the guys we "Nailed" for each team.

Oh, well. It was fun... Thanks Lith and Dcat.

Was just looking for a quick, easy way to objectively evaluate the drafts -- I guess I could add some sort of a bonus for any pick that is hit on exactly or within a given number of picks from where they actually went.  I just do not want to make the scoring the equivalent of freshman calculus to figure out.

Was just looking for a quick, easy way to objectively evaluate the drafts -- I guess I could add some sort of a bonus for any pick that is hit on exactly or within a given number of picks from where they actually went.  I just do not want to make the scoring the equivalent of freshman calculus to figure out.

Don't worry about me... just was thinking how I would have approached the Draft differently.

You ROCK! :headbang:

Wish we did 7 rounds in version 1.  Here were the the picks for that mock

6 - Vic Beasley LB

37 - Duke Johnson RB

70 -Cedric Ogbuehi OT

103- Nelson Agholor WR

Yeah.  I am sure I did better in V1. 

22 Cam Erving C/G went 19 (Thanks T0m!)

56 Quentin Rollins CB went 62

87 Preston Smith DE went 38

118 Tyler Kroft TE went 85

Yeah.  I am sure I did better in V1. 

22 Cam Erving C/G went 19 (Thanks T0m!)

56 Quentin Rollins CB went 62

87 Preston Smith DE went 38

118 Tyler Kroft TE went 85

1. Kevin Johnson, CB went 16

2. Preston Smith, DE went 38

3. Chris Conley, WR went 76

4. Za'Darius Smith, DE went 122

4. Jamison Crowder, WR went 105

4. James Sample, SS went 104

5. Anthony Chickillo, DE went 212

5. Justin Cox, CB/FS Ouch undrafted bad character!

5. Akeem Hunt, RB Undrafted fidget to Giants

6. Tyeler Davison, DT went 154

Probably deserve some brownie points for getting the first 4th rounder dead correct.  Better than I thought except for the Idzikian 5th round.

Archived