The La'El Collins watch

Integrity28

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you pick him in the 7th he is eligible for next years draft and probably doesn't sign and just re enter 2016. By him not being picked it guarantees he plays for the team that gets him

Well, there is no guarantee that we would get him as a free agent, so spending a draft pick in the 7th round on him would have given him a choice. Either play for us or enter the 2016 draft in hopes of possibly being drafted higher, however, only by forfeiting a year of football. 

He may take his chances the following year, but I would have taken my chances with the 7th round draft pick given that there would be no guarantee that we would get him as a FA this year anyway. Atleast the thought of having to miss an entire year could have made playing for the Jets and making 6 figures this year not seem so bad. 

Yes and downstate and NJ have none. You are actually talking about one part of the city and that's being rebuilt as we speak. We have a much better quality of life here in Western New York than Downstate.

No you definitely don't

Rich Cimini 8h .

The Jets have $10.9M in cap space, according to @ESPNStatsInfo. #nyj

La'El Collins and a creative extension for Mo would be money well spent.... but a few overpriced players need to go first to free up some coin!

Rich Cimini 8h .

The Jets have $10.9M in cap space, according to @ESPNStatsInfo. #nyj

La'El Collins and a creative extension for Mo would be money well spent.... but a few overpriced players need to go first to free up some coin!

$11M in cap space and they need a "few overpriced players" to go to free up some coin?  Why?  Are we nervous that we will lose our salary cap savings crown?

$11M in cap space and they need a "few overpriced players" to go to free up some coin?  Why?  Are we nervous that we will lose our salary cap savings crown?

Don't forget we have to sign our rookies.  Not particularly costly but I imagine we'll be left with what....$6-8M in cap space after that? 

Obviously an exonerated Collins isn't going to the highest bidder (UDFA pricetag is already set in stone), just the best destination for him, so I'm not sure why people keep talking about him like he's some UFA/RFA signing.

The Bills have sold 55,000 Season Tickets for the 2015 Season as opposed to last year's total of 47,000. Our highest back in the Jim Kelly days was 57,000 and the stadium capacity is a little over 71,000. There was a recent article in the paper that the Bills' owner was thinking of capping season tickets for fans who do not own season tickets but want to see a few games.

The Bills were a good football team last year. Stop acting like this is all because you hired a magical coach with a losing record, a history of only coaching half the team, and running roster depth into the sh*tter.

Don't forget we have to sign our rookies.  Not particularly costly but I imagine we'll be left with what....$6-8M in cap space after that? 

Obviously an exonerated Collins isn't going to the highest bidder (UDFA pricetag is already set in stone), just the best destination for him, so I'm not sure why people keep talking about him like he's some UFA/RFA signing.

I think our rookie pool was estimated right at $6M.  We added some picks, but they were towards the lower end, so I don't think the change will be too significant.  Collins will be an interesting case.  I wonder who will find the loophole.  One of the first things they teach you in law school (or was it high school jurisprudence classes) is that tough cases make bad law.  That is why the league didn't let him out to the supplemental draft.  Can you imagine all the players looking to do that causing all kinds of crazy shenanigans?  Injured guys looking for a chance to show they are healthy, etc.

I think our rookie pool was estimated right at $6M.  We added some picks, but they were towards the lower end, so I don't think the change will be too significant.  Collins will be an interesting case.  I wonder who will find the loophole.  One of the first things they teach you in law school (or was it high school jurisprudence classes) is that tough cases make bad law.  That is why the league didn't let him out to the supplemental draft.  Can you imagine all the players looking to do that causing all kinds of crazy shenanigans?  Injured guys looking for a chance to show they are healthy, etc.

Very true.  It's good that the league is a lot more scared about the blowback it would cause if this guy is found to be implicated in any way.  I think in prior years some team with a late 3rd rounder would have scooped him up after he stated he wouldn't sign in the 4th-7th.

I think our rookie pool was estimated right at $6M. We added some picks, but they were towards the lower end, so I don't think the change will be too significant. Collins will be an interesting case. I wonder who will find the loophole. One of the first things they teach you in law school (or was it high school jurisprudence classes) is that tough cases make bad law. That is why the league didn't let him out to the supplemental draft. Can you imagine all the players looking to do that causing all kinds of crazy shenanigans? Injured guys looking for a chance to show they are healthy, etc.

Don't forget that each rookie knocks someone else off the cap, so one minimum salary guy per rookie

I think he ends up in Miami, the talking heads down here are saying he wants to come to Miami and as always they are predicting a playoff run. If they land Collins they are talking superbowl. I have to get the hell out of Dolphin country. I hate the Fins more than any team in the NFL.

A smart GM who wants Collins would offer a contractual provision waiving the right to tender him as a RFA. He gets to full blown FA in just 3 years, team gets him for 3 years at way below market value. Win-win.

A smart GM probably would have taken the risk on him and wasted the 7th round pick, If he signed the contract its a 1st round talent in the 7th round, If he was found guilty of murder or didn't sign the contract then its only a 7th round draft pick and he doesn't end up on a rival team.

A smart GM probably would have taken the risk on him and wasted the 7th round pick, If he signed the contract its a 1st round talent in the 7th round, If he was found guilty of murder or didn't sign the contract then its only a 7th round draft pick and he doesn't end up on a rival team.

Apparently, there are 32 dumb GMs.

Apparently, there are 32 dumb GMs.

If he ends up being worthy of that first round grade and cleared of the accusations then there will be 31, keep in mind one of the 32 teams will still land him outside of the draft.

If he ends up being worthy of that first round grade and cleared of the accusations then there will be 31, keep in mind one of the 32 teams will still land him outside of the draft.

But that GM did not use a 7th round pick on him, therefor, according to your equation, he is still dumb.

There are two benefits to his situation (if cleared): he will get to FA faster than if he was drafted in first 2 rounds and he can choose his landing spot. he will get the same, or close to the same, money no matter where he goes due to caps and limits on UDFA salaries... he is from Louisiana... he is going to the Saints if I had to guess.

I agree.  Any thoughts as to whether or not someone may have acted on his behalf?    Wonder why no mention of a DNA test to determine if any of his  (DNA) was found on the body.

WTF are you talking about?

Good lord.

Would have been smart to secure his rights with that other 7th round pick. If things go south it was a 7th, if he's cleared we basically got 2 1st round picks. 

I've said it elsewhere, I have little to no doubt that Goodell intervened and didn't want his draft week spectacle marred by a team selecting a guy that may be found later to have killed a woman and baby. 

Otherwise, one of these well-run teams with a boatload of picks, like the Pats or Seahawks, would have taken him.

I wish people would stop acting like the Jets were the only team that didn't secure him.

People that live here love it here.

I've never met anyone who was originally FROM Buffalo that moved away & decided to move back.

That's just the people I have met but the term "God Forsaken" comes up a lot.

I honestly hope he doesn't even get drafted to the CFL and has to eat rotten dog food out of garbage cans for the rest of his life. Guy is the lowest form of life there is. I'm surprised you are interested him tbh.

I'm sorry, I'm not following... has he suddenly been indicted or become a suspect? The context of this thread was that if he's clean, I'd love to nab him. Obviously if his connection to the crime changes, I've already commented on that.

I've never met anyone who was originally FROM Buffalo that moved away & decided to move back.

That's just the people I have met but the term "God Forsaken" comes up a lot.

It's because of the weather and not the quality of life here

Archived