$251.94

SoFlaJets

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the cost that the NFL and particularly the New York Football Jets will either make or surrender from this household, IF Geno Smith is the Jets starting Quarterback by the annual early September Eagles v Jets pre season game or more affectionately known around some parts as the Future UPS vs Fed Ex Employees Bowl.

If by then Geno Smith is the Jets starter, then it is this long-time Jets' fan's contention that the season is already over, thus making the decision of whether or not to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket a wasted expenditure.

I can't put myself through another season of actually sitting here LAUGHING at my football team. I mean I haven't even been able to get mad for the past 3 seasons, the Jets under the fat dummy had become the sports world's version of the Keystone Kops, the whole Klown Kar comparison was never too far off. Who wants to spend their hard-earned money on a team led by the likes of a guy who can't even tell time. 

Give me Fitzpatrick, give me Matt Simms, give me Bryce Petty, hell give me Brooks Bollinger just never even one more snap from Mangold to Geno Smith.

We are fans through thick and thin.  I can't see how anyone can be anything other than optimistic and enthusiastic with the changes Woody Johnson has made from Macca to Bowles, getting Revis and Cro back, getting a bonafide backup/starter in Fitz, great draft, etc.

I hate Geno Smith as much as the next guy, it's not going to stop me from going to games. And based on Mike's office firing yesterday, methinks he's going to have a very short leash for spotty QB play.  Trust me.

SAR I

I plan to watch and enjoy when the defense is on the field and hopefully be able to make it to the fridge and back while the offense is on the field.  If Geno is starting that probably only gives me about 90 seconds each drive, which should just about do it if I don't waffle too much with the door open.

Just buy a mini-fridge and put it right next to the couch.

90 seconds is cutting it pretty damn close.

I hate Geno Smith as much as the next guy, it's not going to stop me from going to games. And based on Mike's office firing yesterday, methinks he's going to have a very short leash for spotty QB play.  Trust me.

SAR I

1. Never trust SAR

2. Me thinks he is right

Is the cost that the NFL and particularly the New York Football Jets will either make or surrender from this household, IF Geno Smith is the Jets starting Quarterback by the annual early September Eagles v Jets pre season game or more affectionately known around some parts as the Future UPS vs Fed Ex Employees Bowl.

If by then Geno Smith is the Jets starter, then it is this long-time Jets' fan's contention that the season is already over, thus making the decision of whether or not to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket a wasted expenditure.

I can't put myself through another season of actually sitting here LAUGHING at my football team. I mean I haven't even been able to get mad for the past 3 seasons, the Jets under the fat dummy had become the sports world's version of the Keystone Kops, the whole Klown Kar comparison was never too far off. Who wants to spend their hard-earned money on a team led by the likes of a guy who can't even tell time. 

Give me Fitzpatrick, give me Matt Simms, give me Bryce Petty, hell give me Brooks Bollinger just never even one more snap from Mangold to Geno Smith.

Give you Matt Simms, Bryce Petty?  Have you watched Simms play?  You have never watched Petty play, but you think he needs to be the starter this year?

:rolleyes:

The Geno hate is ridiculous and ignorant with some fans.

Fans just don't understand that young QB's take time to develop, folks need instant gratification, we need to draft the next Peyton Manning and he has to perform instantly...

Geno will start and play well. If you come anywhere near that bandwagon, I will remind you of this useless thread and e-burn it!

IMO, being a Fan(atic) of a Sports Team means you watch and support them, regardless of who plays.

Root the laundry, not the players.

I completely agree that Geno Smith is horrible, and must not play.  But if he does...I'll still watch.

Watching last year, knowing the trainwreck to come, with that scumbag Vick on the team, was certainly hard.

2015, with the new team and talent, should be far easier, even with Geno Smith.

YUP!

Here is what I don't get. Everyone seems to be applauding this new regime for their ability to make good football decisions. So if they decide after a training camp competition that Geno Smith is their QB, all of a sudden we are going to doubt their football decision making ability? Before a single game is played?

Not me, these guys are getting a longer leash from me than that.

My bad I thought $251.94 was your life savings

Here is what I don't get. Everyone seems to be applauding this new regime for their ability to make good football decisions. So if they decide after a training camp competition that Geno Smith is their QB, all of a sudden we are going to doubt their football decision making ability? Before a single game is played?

They know everything Max. Geno is one season removed from an 8-8 record but he's such a bad player jets fans will renounce their fandom if he's allowed to start ever again.

Same clowns that were willing to let Mariota sit 5 years basically wish death on Geno.

from the mouth of the admin comes a gem....

If you're paying $251.94 for NFL Sunday Ticket, then you're paying way too much.  I've ordered it for the past 5 years and never came close to paying that much.  In fact, most years I got it for free.  It just takes one phone call and some strategic dialog with a DirecTv representative.

In any case, if Geno is the best option for this season, then so be it.  The Jets have done everything realistically possible to bring in alternative options, but there is only so much they were able to do given the circumstances.  Good NFL quarterbacks do not grow on trees.

Geno is the incumbent, and it's his job to lose as it should be.  There is a good chance that Fitzpatrick will outplay him in TC and preseason.  We just have to see how the chips fall.

If you're paying $251.94 for NFL Sunday Ticket, then you're paying way too much.  I've ordered it for the past 5 years and never came close to paying that much.  In fact, most years I got it for free.  It just takes one phone call and some strategic dialog with a DirecTv representative.

In any case, if Geno is the best option for this season, then so be it.  The Jets have done everything realistically possible to bring in alternative options, but there is only so much they were able to do given the circumstances.  Good NFL quarterbacks do not grow on trees.

Geno is the incumbent, and it's his job to lose as it should be.  There is a good chance that Fitzpatrick will outplay him in TC and preseason.  We just have to see how the chips fall.

+1 At worst I threaten to cancel my premium package and I get it for half price..LOL I've got it free the last 3 years though.. It helps I suppose that I'm a 12 year premium customer..

It all depends on how they look in pre-season.  If Fitz looks like a competent QB and Geno looks like Geno but still starts, I'll live with it, but then Mac and Bowles lose credibility (not that they care ,nor should they)

If Geno plays the first few weeks and continues to look like Geno and they refuse to pull the plug, I'll keep watching but I'll be one miserable bastard.

What are you going to spend the $251.94 on, because I'll bet he will be starting. 

And I think it would be better to not spend the money if Petty is starting.  We have a chance to actually groom a QB....lets hope they do the right thing and actually do that.

I think that will depend on how said player does during the regular season.  If said player fails - then fire everyone.  If said player succeeds - then life long extension for everyone!

Stop making sense, you are scaring me.

Geno Smith has a very good chance at being the starting QB this season.

Only if Fitzpatrick retires.  He's Vinny Testaverde 2.0 if he stays healthy.

Methinks Geno Smith has thrown his last pass as a New York Jet.

SAR I

Archived