$251.94

SoFlaJets

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Matt Lienert doing these days?

SAR has no idea but SAR knows that the better move in April 2006 was to draft a quarterback and D'Brickashaw Ferguson hasn't won a damned thing.

Right.

SAR I

75% chance Fitzpatrick is the opening day starter.  For Geno to win the job, he would literally have to come back as a completely changed player.  Possible, but not probable.

Not happening.

Our new GM and Head Coach are not going to go down in flames with a quarterback that is known to suck.  Better to try the "old guy new team" Testaverde approach (Fitzpatrick) or the "new young guy fresh start" Sanchez approach (Petty).  Not saying either is going to work, but both have stronger odds than the "fix a broken guy on the same team" approach (Smith).

SAR I

As a fan, I actually hope Geno wins the job, because that's the best case scenario for the franchise moving forward.  If he wins the competition with a coaching staff that has no ties to him, it will atleast prove that he's improved somewhat from last year, and beat out a veteran QB that can be decent.  It would give me hope for the season, since if Fitz starts, I know he's going to be decent at best, but the future is still murky. 

As a fan, I actually hope Geno wins the job, because that's the best case scenario for the franchise moving forward.  If he wins the competition with a coaching staff that has no ties to him, it will atleast prove that he's improved somewhat from last year, and beat out a veteran QB that can be decent.  It would give me hope for the season, since if Fitz starts, I know he's going to be decent at best, but the future is still murky. 

Good post Fitz like Vinnie O'Donnell Mirer Brunell and Vick washed up guys never won a damn thing here. 

Lets see how Geno responds to a new coaching staff and OC that actually knows what he's doing

for those newcomers let it be noted that nj meadowlands has never had an original thought pop into his jealous head and has made it his duty to criticize and critique most of my posts. It's OK though, he's kinda like that pimple you get on your butt once a year, you ignore it and eventually it just goes away.

Wow I knew 80 (I mean nj meadowlands lol) hated Savage. But I didn't know he hated any other senior citizens from fla

Good post Fitz like Vinnie O'Donnell Mirer Brunell and Vick washed up guys never won a damn thing here. 

Lets see how Geno responds to a new coaching staff and OC that actually knows what he's doing

MM put Geno in position to succeed many times last season and he failed.

Is the cost that the NFL and particularly the New York Football Jets will either make or surrender from this household, IF Geno Smith is the Jets starting Quarterback by the annual early September Eagles v Jets pre season game or more affectionately known around some parts as the Future UPS vs Fed Ex Employees Bowl.

If by then Geno Smith is the Jets starter, then it is this long-time Jets' fan's contention that the season is already over, thus making the decision of whether or not to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket a wasted expenditure.

I can't put myself through another season of actually sitting here LAUGHING at my football team. I mean I haven't even been able to get mad for the past 3 seasons, the Jets under the fat dummy had become the sports world's version of the Keystone Kops, the whole Klown Kar comparison was never too far off. Who wants to spend their hard-earned money on a team led by the likes of a guy who can't even tell time.

Give me Fitzpatrick, give me Matt Simms, give me Bryce Petty, hell give me Brooks Bollinger just never even one more snap from Mangold to Geno Smith.

I don't think the NFL is too worried about losing someone who didn't figure out six years ago that DirectTV will give you the package for free if you just call up over the summer and threaten to cancel. Thanks for keeping the trick going for the rest of us.

MM was the worst OC in the NFL 

Not nearly as bad as Geno made him look.  Having a QB who misses wide open receivers and/or doesn't even see them in the end zone will always make the OC look bad.  When MM called the plays, Geno didn't execute. 

Perfect example was the Bears game and SD game.  Jets lost both games and vs Chicago they moved the ball and kept settling for RZ FG's because Geno didn't see the open receivers running around.  SD was a horror...open receivers on many, many plays that Geno either didn't see or overthrew/underthrew.  That's not on the OC.

Wow I knew 80 (I mean nj meadowlands lol) hated Savage. But I didn't know he hated any other senior citizens from fla

Jimmy I am excited about the upcoming season. No more misery please. Keep your chin up

I'm glad someone remembers who I am haha.... Max had no idea when I won a contest last year

I don't hate SoFla -- he's just hilariously melodromatic

I never really hated Savage either -- his Curtis Martin opinions combined with his NSFW avatars that made it hard to read the site at work just pissed me off sometimes

Now if you wanna talk about JetMoses, get we can do that.  Lol

not surprised if geno smith will start the season on a short leash. he's capable of winning the job without live bullets flying. if there's a chance geno can succeed this will be it. otherwise fitzpatrick will man the ship probably for the next 2 years. 

They WANT Geno to start.  They want to see if he can win being put in the ideal situation with Gailey.  They went out and got him a bona fide #1 receiver, a deep threat, and more RB depth to shake a stick at. If he can't succeed, you have Fitzpatrick to step in and finish the year, and you have a QB who has virtually NO chance at seeing the field this year (barring too many injuries), who can then take over in a year. 

SAR has no idea but SAR knows that the better move in April 2006 was to draft a quarterback and D'Brickashaw Ferguson hasn't won a damned thing.

Right.

SAR I

Except that D'Brickashaw Ferguson is going to the HOF and Matt Leinart is asking people if they would like fries.  Every smart GM in the world picks the protector before the passer.  But doing it the other way around worked wonders for David Carr's career.

Except that D'Brickashaw Ferguson is going to the HOF and Matt Leinart is asking people if they would like fries.  Every smart GM in the world picks the protector before the passer.  But doing it the other way around worked wonders for David Carr's career.

D'Brick isn't going to the hall of fame.  He was above average, nothing that special.

You grab the quarterback when you're in a position to do so.  Matt Leinart busted.  Tom Brady didn't.  More experts were high on Leinart coming out than Brady.  You never know what you're going to get.  So keep drafting them till you hit it right.

SAR I

If the coach is any good, he'll handle the QB situation. What Jimmy is suffering from is watching Rex "handle" the QB situation here for six years, so he's still dealing with that trauma.

lol.. I don't think there's anything Shane can't pin on Rex

Not nearly as bad as Geno made him look.  Having a QB who misses wide open receivers and/or doesn't even see them in the end zone will always make the OC look bad.  When MM called the plays, Geno didn't execute. 

Perfect example was the Bears game and SD game.  Jets lost both games and vs Chicago they moved the ball and kept settling for RZ FG's because Geno didn't see the open receivers running around.  SD was a horror...open receivers on many, many plays that Geno either didn't see or overthrew/underthrew.  That's not on the OC.

When MM became the OC I was real excited because of his success in Philly and that hot garbage of a coach Sparano was gone. Sanchez would have ran it much better than Geno but it is what it is. As for the play calling, between the 20's the offense was pretty dam decent but the RZ calls and execution were awful. Look at some of plays again and see how many receivers and their routes are in the same exact spot as each other. Look at some of the touchdowns thrown and the same thing. MM never adjusted his play calling around his talent, or lack thereof, and it showed. That said, Geno stunk too in the RZ.

Is the cost that the NFL and particularly the New York Football Jets will either make or surrender from this household, IF Geno Smith is the Jets starting Quarterback by the annual early September Eagles v Jets pre season game or more affectionately known around some parts as the Future UPS vs Fed Ex Employees Bowl.

If by then Geno Smith is the Jets starter, then it is this long-time Jets' fan's contention that the season is already over, thus making the decision of whether or not to purchase the NFL Sunday Ticket a wasted expenditure.

I can't put myself through another season of actually sitting here LAUGHING at my football team. I mean I haven't even been able to get mad for the past 3 seasons, the Jets under the fat dummy had become the sports world's version of the Keystone Kops, the whole Klown Kar comparison was never too far off. Who wants to spend their hard-earned money on a team led by the likes of a guy who can't even tell time. 

Give me Fitzpatrick, give me Matt Simms, give me Bryce Petty, hell give me Brooks Bollinger just never even one more snap from Mangold to Geno Smith.

Pay the money. Cheers!

which gives me hope that they are smart enough to know what Rex Ryan could never seem to figure out, that Geno Smith is not a quality-level starting NFL QB and I doubt that he ever will be. I love what they have done-so far, especially the cleaning house stuff Thor. I just need to see the big broom make one more big swat and brush that scrub right out of our hair...(was watching The Pink Panther and Dreyfus in the head shrinkers office)

It is a dismal possibility, given the circumstances of Fitz's health and Petty being a rook, that Mac and Bowles have little to no choice to start the season with this turd Smith. 

I watch the games, cant help it.  I just cringe at every snap he takes.  I root for the Jets to win and root for Smith to go 0-28 with 3 fumbles, 8 sacks and 4 INT's.  Sooner or later, he is history, hopefully, sooner.   

I remember watching last years opening game and saying "wow, when did the Jets get a QB?" I thought that maybe what happened the December of his rookie season really was going to be a picture of what was going to come and then the Oakland game he puts up Bart Starr-like numbers. 23-28 a TD and 221 yards-looked good.

Week two against Green Bay was meh 50% 1 TD 1 INT in a loss

Week 3 he throws for over 300 yrds 1 TD and 2 INTs another loss

Week 4 another meh 50% day 1 TD 1 INT in another loss to Detroit

Week 5 Jets get shut out by the Chargers and Smith is benched for Vick

Week 6

By now it's becoming painfully obvious that we DON'T have a QB as Smith has another meh day  in a Denver loss 50-something % 2 TDs 1 Int

Week 7 an almost win vs NE

Week 8 another typical Geno day 50% passing in a Buffalo Bills blowout Vick back in

Week 9 Vick and Simms game another loss

Week 10 Vick beats the Steelers

Week 11 BYE

Week 12 famous after the bye Ryan loss in blowout style vs Bills Geno back in does nothing

Week 13 another loss this time to Mia, it's becoming clear the Jets have zero confidence in Smith another 50% game on 13 passes

Week 14 another loss this time to Minn. Smith over 50% 254 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Week 15 in a classic battle for draft position Jets beat Titans Smith another typical meh day

Week 16 another squeaker loss to the Cheats Geno is nothing special

Week 17 Geno magically turns into the QB he was on opening day, can't do any wrong 20-25 358 3 TDs 0 Ints

Way too inconsistent guys, we need better if we want to compete and Geno Smith with his Pro Bowl to scrub act ain't good enough to get it done 

Archived