What are Your Expectations for Jace Amaro?

JetBlue

He is kinda the forgotten man in all of our off season moves.   I think about him with Marshall, Decker and Kerley and he should get a lot of mismatches.  Throw in Smith stretching the field and Amaro should have a very good season.  

Gaileys offense should be really good for him and I can see him and Marshall making plays out of the slot.  I mean pick your poison....  I know he has to be motivated after last season and then Rex's comments.   

usa_american_football_nfl_100676533.jpg

Hard to say. Expectations rise if Fitzy is the QB. There are zero expectations of anyone if we're forced to sit through another season of being Geno'd.

1405927290233.gif

Geno'd?  Really? 

Forget Geno, this thread is about Amaro, can we PLEASE not go there? 

Amaro had a very nice 6 game stretch during weeks 3-8 when Geno was the QB (his targets dropped quite a bit when Vick was playing) and I would not be surprised if he puts those numbers up for an entire season. Extrapolate his 6 game stretch w/Geno into an entire season: 77 receptions on 85 targets for 725 yards. TDs are pretty much impossible to predict, so I'm not going to even guess, but I feel pretty comfortable that 70+ receptions and 700+ yards is a pretty reasonable expectation for Amaro, but I suppose the numbers may dip now having both Marshall and Smith added to the fray.

Amaro is poor mans Kelce, imo. Dude needs to run the seam route better and hope our QB can actually float it over the LB so he can get his average up. He will be open underneath all day, 

Amaro had a very nice 6 game stretch during weeks 3-8 when Geno was the QB (his targets dropped quite a bit when Vick was playing) and I would not be surprised if he puts those numbers up for an entire season. Extrapolate his 6 game stretch w/Geno into an entire season: 77 receptions on 85 targets for 725 yards. TDs are pretty much impossible to predict, so I'm not going to even guess, but I feel pretty comfortable that 70+ receptions and 700+ yards is a pretty reasonable expectation for Amaro, but I suppose the numbers may dip now having both Marshall and Smith added to the fray.

Nice post; Geno and Amaro started to build some chemistry toward to end of the season. Whomever is the quarterback he should have a real nice season. 

I expect him to not drop as many passes in the open field as he did last year.

Amaro will always drop passes. He did it in college, did it last year and will continue to do it. 

Its usually the no brainer catches too. He just spaz's out sometimes. 

texas-tech-tight-end-jace-amaro.jpg?w=64

Its cool though because he does do some things well....

GENO.gif

PleasedFeminineAurochs.gif

I dont think he will ever be a stud, but he looks like he could be a serviceable 50 catch, 600 yard guy eventually.  Believing Amaro will ever be a 800 yard guy is setting yourself up to be very disappointed. He doesn't have the YAC, Targets, QB, or hands to ever get that number. 

I think it's hard to quantify it, because I'm not sure how the targets are going to be distributed.  I expect him to be better, but I'm not sure that's going to bear itself out in the stats.  If last year's roster had carried over, I expect 800 yards, 6 TD type season.  But with a healthy Decker, the addition of Marshall, and Smith on the team, I'm not sure they are going to go to him at a high volume when the others need targets too.  I expect him to have the TDs and get maybe 600 yards or so, but that would be a drastic improvement, which would be hidden in the stats.  

He is kinda the forgotten man in all of our off season moves.   I think about him with Marshall, Decker and Kerley and he should get a lot of mismatches.  Throw in Smith stretching the field and Amaro should have a very good season.  

Gaileys offense should be really good for him and I can see him and Marshall making plays out of the slot.  I mean pick your poison....  I know he has to be motivated after last season and then Rex's comments.   

usa_american_football_nfl_100676533.jpg

He is huge.  He does not have to be open to get a catch.  I like that about him.  Wish he could block some, though.  I think he could catch 55-60 balls.

cut down on the drops, improve his route running and improve his blocking.. his Recieving ability will always be he is strength but thats only as good as his QB play. so i want to see improvements in the things he can control.

Hard to say. Expectations rise if Fitzy is the QB. There are zero expectations of anyone if we're forced to sit through another season of being Geno'd.

yes cause Jace didn't leave a lot of big plays on the field due his own Drops and bone headed mistakes..  

Who stretched the field last year?

Decker played pretty much all year with a bad hamstring.

Opposing defenses will have to play the Jets entirely different now with the addition of Marshall & Smith.

There will be WAY more space underneath to work with.

Plus teams might have to play more zone because of our weapons. Hard to have all the players to go man to man.

If teams go man, our RBs that past the LOS will get huge chunks of yardage with CBs having their backs to the play.

I'll tell you guys right now that along with the long ball threat that Smith brings Chan will use him also in bubble screens & quick slants in the spread. Other than going deep Smiths other asset is getting to full speed instantly.

All these things will open up the field for Amaro to have a huge year.

Amaro will always drop passes. He did it in college, did it last year and will continue to do it. 

Its usually the no brainer catches too. He just spaz's out sometimes. 

texas-tech-tight-end-jace-amaro.jpg?w=64

Its cool though because he does do some things well....

GENO.gif

PleasedFeminineAurochs.gif

I dont think he will ever be a stud, but he looks like he could be a serviceable 50 catch, 600 yard guy eventually.  Believing Amaro will ever be a 800 yard guy is setting yourself up to be very disappointed. He doesn't have the YAC, Targets, QB, or hands to ever get that number.

You do know his completion per target ratio was one of the highest in the NFL last season, granted he didn't get many targets but he has hands.

He had 345 yards as a rookie with the worst QB in the NFL. Not suggesting he will become a superstar but in Tony Gonzalez' rookie year he played 16 games and had 368 yards receiving (2nd year was 621 yards receiving). Jimmy Grahams first year, playing with Drew Brees, was 31 rec for 356 yards. I know this is the twitter age, when success is expected immediately  or you suck, but some guys actually take a year or two before they breakout. 

He had 345 yards as a rookie with the worst QB in the NFL. Not suggesting he will become a superstar but in Tony Gonzalez' rookie year he played 16 games and had 368 yards receiving (2nd year was 621 yards receiving). Jimmy Grahams first year, playing with Drew Brees, was 31 rec for 356 yards. I know this is the twitter age, when success is expected immediately  or you suck, but some guys actually take a year or two before they breakout. 

You are already one of my favorite posters.   

1405927290233.gif

Geno'd?  Really? 

Forget Geno, this thread is about Amaro, can we PLEASE not go there? 

Are you kidding? It has EVERYTHING to do with Geno.

With Fitzpatrick, at least Amaro has a fighting chance to be successful this year. Geno is a liability and automatically makes everyone around him worse.

Are you kidding? It has EVERYTHING to do with Geno.

With Fitzpatrick, at least Amaro has a fighting chance to be successful this year. Geno is a liability and automatically makes everyone around him worse.

I AM NOT GOING TO GET INTO A GENO DEBATE. GET THE **** OVER IT. HE WILL BE IN THE QB MIX. LETS MOVE ON, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,.  

Decker caught about 70 balls and almost 1000 yards and he was hurt a good part of the season.  Enough already.

Archived