Who's your favorite Jet of all-time?

drdetroit

I was born in 1979- I idolized Klecko, gastineau, toon, and McNeil and even Ken Obrien.

I'd probably go with Al Toon as the one that really resonates.

Could've been Revis but won't be

I actually loved me some Bart Scott in 2009 and 10, but it was a faze

Chrebet most likely, although I didn't catch the early part of his career.   Lately, I have to say, I liked Wilkerson, because he assumed the leadership role on the team, came in every day and played, didn't complain (atleast until now) and took Richardson under his wing.  

I've always been a fan of DB's, Revis was my hands down all time favorite until that scumbag Woody J had to get all stupid, and sh*t. Now until Revis resumes his career here, and helps gang green win a SB I'll go with my pre Revis favorite.

Aaron Glenn.

Hard to stop at one. My top would start with...

Namath, Toon, Revis, Caster, Walker

I guess its apparent that my favorite play is the bomb. I'm hoping to add Devin Smith to that list.

Mine is Wayne Chrebet. Classic Rocky underdog story.

Chrebet is my all time favorite too. I was born in 82, so by the time I started really watching and getting involved Boomer was my guy, but he went quick and so did Ronnie Lott and quickly it became Chrebet just for the toughness he played with.

Some others growing up were Mo Lewis, Glenn, Victor Green, Martin, Keyshawn, Ray Mickens.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Mangold has got to be up there...he always seems to do and say the right things, never causes problems and always plays well. Not that I could mention him as an all time great but I also Loved Joe McKnight a few years back, I used to get excited with every kickoff because he was averaging somewhere around 35-40 yards, then he got fat and cut.

I remember when they finally drafted the speed LB I was waiting for, Basil Proctor.  Johnny Johnson was the next pick!  A 4.5 LB out of West Virginia. He never made the team and I don't think he made the news again until he was a 275 lb FB/LB for the Dragons in the Arena League and that was only because he was a convicted sex offender and people were protesting.  He hung around for years, but he had a bunch of arrests, but I guess he made a living at football for better than a decade.  He was in that football movie with Pacino too.

I loved Charlie Joyner and Wes Chandler too.

I don't think either of them ever made the Jets

I remember when they finally drafted the speed LB I was waiting for, Basil Proctor. Johnny Johnson was the next pick! A 4.5 LB out of West Virginia. He never made the team and I don't think he made the news again until he was a 275 lb FB/LB for the Dragons in the Arena League and that was only because he was a convicted sex offender and people were protesting. He hung around for years, but he had a bunch of arrests, but I guess he made a living at football for better than a decade. He was in that football movie with Pacino too.

I don't think either of them ever made the Jets

I went off the grid. It's what I do.

1. Al Toon

2. Nick Mangold

3. Wayne Chrebet

4. Ken O'Brian

I've liked alot of Jets over the years, but these 4 hold a truly special place in my fandom.

HMmm I might have to rethink my list to find space for Mangold....his omission would only be due to being a fatty Offensive Lineman, not his fault.

Wesley Walker.

Freeman McNeil showed traces of brilliance and created hope, but the guy just couldn't stay healthy. Curtis Martin is hard not to like, unless you're in the anti-Compiler, Martinettophobia club. He always seemed classy and professional to me even if he wasn't the most dazzling back ever -- an admirable over-achiever.

Archived