What was your favorite Jet game of all time?

TuscanyTile2

SB III is before my time so that one is out. 

Sadly, I didn't see the 51-45 game (wish I could see it on YouTube) or else it would be right up there.

I'm guessing some will say beating the Giants to knock them out of the playoffs in 1988.  Didn't do that much for me as I don't view the Giants as a rival.  The hype around that game actually kind of annoys me to be honest.

The Patriots playoff victory a few years ago was sweet.

I loved beating the Chargers in Rex's 1st year in the divisional round.  I might have to go w/ that one.

Monday Night Miracle if SBIII is out. It is still the most exciting game ever. Crushing NE in 2010 was awesome, but it did not lead anywhere. Monday Night Miracle is probably one of the 5, definitely 10 best games ever played,

Pennington doing the impossible and beating the defending Champion Patriots up in Foxboro in 2002 the week after the debacle in Chicago.  Ignited us to an improbable division title and the thought that we may have finally found our franchise quarterback.

I was at the game.  It was amazing.

SAR I

Beating Pats in Foxboro a few years ago and nothing really else comes close for me. 1998 was the first year I became a big football and Jets fan so I wouldn't say that run was more enjoyable than the Pats playoff win a few years back after all the bad years between.

AFL Championship Game  Vs. The Raiders on Dec 29th, 1968 that propelled us to SB III. Incredibly competitive, dramatic, thrilling game that went back and forth and was pulled out in the final minutes, 27–23.  A true classic.  

Definitely the 2011 matchup against the Pats.* We lost to them 45-3 in the reg. season and then beat them at their place in the playoffs.

I also enjoyed that ass whooping we gave the Colts the one year. I think we beat them 41-0.

All the above were great!
Two that I attended that are up there with me:

Joe Namath coming off the bench at Shea vs San Francisco
after a two year wrist injury kept him sidelined. Almost pulled it out. It was electric.

2002 vs Green Bay at GS clinching the division while Miami
lost in Foxboro.

After the obvious Super Bowl win for me it has to be beating the Patriots in the playoffs in 2011.

I hate the Patriots with a passion & I live in Southern NH and all of my friends up here are huge Pats fans.

You could not have set up a game more lopsided if you tried.

They beat us 45-3 in a national game (totally embarrassed us).

There record at home over the previous 10 years was absolutely INCREDIBLE.

The Pats fans were so overconfident that WEEI the popular radio at the time did a full day asking fans to call in & try to come up with any scenario where the Jets could win that game.

The entire region was already looking forward to the AFC championship the next week.

I still remember one Pat fan that called into that show & said "any given day" as a reason they could lose & everyone laughed.

Think about the plays in that game, starts off with a Harris pick (still can't believe he was caught by a fat TE).

Edwards drags to small CBs into the endzone.

LT takes a flare pass to the corner of the end zone & dives in for the score.

Holmes tip toe endzone catch (almost as good as his Super Bowl catch).

Greene finishes them off with a TD run.

Best part: I had to fly out of Boston to Dallas early the next morning so I got to listen to the opening morning show on WEEI & it was the Dennis & Callahan show. Same show that did the "give us a reason we can lose this game" day.

So John Dennis starts the show, gravelly voiced, and says "well I guess any given day was the winner".

I was smiling ear to ear driving into Boston knowing that we had ruined every f*cking person that was waking up that morning.

Sweetest day ever!

Pats 2010 playoffs - biggest win in my life time

Monday Night Miracle - that was just the most epic comeback ever, the way Jason Taylor and Jay Fielder were talking sh*t on the sidelines too, it was poetic justice.

Jags 1999 playoffs - Curtis Martin went mental.  We looked unstoppable.  That was the first and only time I was convinced the Jets would win the SB.

The Divisional win in Foxboro in 2011 by far. Just a reminder though, a few posters mixed up Shonne Greene with Lamont Jordan talking about that game and the win in SD in the playoffs a year prior.

Next best would be probably winning the division in 2002 beating GB in an ass whooping on my 20th bday, beating the Colts in our last home playoff game the following week 41-0, beating the Bengals the last week of the season and last game ever in Giants Stadium in 2009.....the Brad Smith big run out of the wildcat was awesome!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jags 1999 playoffs - Curtis Martin went mental.  We looked unstoppable.  That was the first and only time I was convinced the Jets would win the SB.

I was at that game.  The Double Fumble stands out as one of the craziest moments in any game I've ever been to.  I was also at the 41-0 romp over Peyton.  I was a very spoiled Jet fan when I was a kid.

But even still it has to be the playoff win @ Foxboro, even though I was not in attendance for that one.  The best win in the most fun season to be a Jets fan since '98.  And I appreciated it a lot more since I wasn't a 12-year old at the time like I was in '98.

LIVE....  for me it was the FAVRE game in Tennessee.  They were 10 -0 and we went in and beat them.

Nashville was FULL of JETS fans the Saturday night before hand. Entire weekend was a BLAST!

TV... Jets beating the Pats in 2011 playoffs.  The david harris interception was electric.

I was at that game.  The Double Fumble stands out as one of the craziest moments in any game I've ever been to.  I was also at the 41-0 romp over Peyton.  I was a very spoiled Jet fan when I was a kid.

But even still it has to be the playoff win @ Foxboro, even though I was not in attendance for that one.  The best win in the most fun season to be a Jets fan since '98.  And I appreciated it a lot more since I wasn't a 12-year old at the time like I was in '98.

2010 was by far, no close second, my favorite year as a Jets fan.  Between the greatest year of Hard Knocks ever, the Revis hold out, the product on the field, the Rex feet scandal, taking down Manning and Brady on the road, the "Cant Wait" interview...just an awesome season.

That 41-0 game was pretty special. Saw that game at a bar here in Charlotte, met a few fans and that was how the JETS fan club of Charlotte basically got its start.  www.charlottejetsfans.com

The 3 straight games near the end of 2002 where we won @NE (Pennington TDs to Chrebet, Coles, Moss), followed by the division-winning drubbing of GB in week 17 (where NE knocked off MIA and the stadium went wild), followed by 41-0 over the Colts at home in the WC.  That was a magical 3 weeks.

Outside of any of the play-off wins, I'd add the home win against Houston in 2010. Still get goose-bumps watching that last drive. The Sanchize delivering a 42-yard bomb down the sideline to Braylon and then hooking up with Santonio in the corner of the end-zone. On TV, the stadium looked one-third full, but the noise levels on those two plays sounded insane. 

The playoff debacle in Pitt where Doug Brien missed two FGs.  His abominable choking was the impetus for me finally seeking professional/psychiatric help for my anger management issues.  Plus, we needed a new coffee table anyway, which I had whipped through a storm window.

The playoff debacle in Pitt where Doug Brien missed two FGs.  His abominable choking was the impetus for me finally seeking professional/psychiatric help for my anger management issues.  Plus, we needed a new coffee table anyway, which I had whipped through a storm window.

I blame HERM there as much as anyone.

AFL Championship Game  Vs. The Raiders on Dec 29th, 1968 that propelled us to SB III. Incredibly competitive, dramatic, thrilling game that went back and forth and was pulled out in the final minutes, 27–23.  A true classic.  

My Dad always said that was a bigger game than the super bowl.  Also, the Yale Bowl the following year when Giants fans thought they were still better than the Jets cause they were in the NFL and the AFL just "got lucky"

Jets-Colts 1972 at Shea.  First game I went to, I was five. The rematch after Namath's 496 yards.  Namath, Riggins, Boozer, Maynard, Caster.  The Jets lead almost the whole way and gave up the lead, I think with under a minute to go.  Down 3,  Namath throws an 83 yard tipped ball TD to Little Eddie Bell for the win.  There is a youtube of this with the 500 yard game on youtube somewhere.  I"ve posted it before.  I think Unitas must have gotten hurt, which is probably how my Dad got the tickets.  Ended up being eventual Jet Marty Domres at QB for the Colts.

2010 was by far, no close second, my favorite year as a Jets fan. Between the greatest year of Hard Knocks ever, the Revis hold out, the product on the field, the Rex feet scandal, taking down Manning and Brady on the road, the "Cant Wait" interview...just an awesome season.

And it all went to hell

Jets-Colts 1972 at Shea. First game I went to, I was five. The rematch after Namath's 496 yards. Namath, Riggins, Boozer, Maynard, Caster. The Jets lead almost the whole way and gave up the lead, I think with under a minute to go. Down 3, Namath throws an 83 yard tipped ball TD to Little Eddie Bell for the win. There is a youtube of this with the 500 yard game on youtube somewhere. I"ve posted it before. I think Unitas must have gotten hurt, which is probably how my Dad got the tickets. Ended up being eventual Jet Marty Domres at QB for the Colts.

Old ****

Archived