What was your favorite Jet game of all time?

TuscanyTile2

Outside of any of the play-off wins, I'd add the home win against Houston in 2010. Still get goose-bumps watching that last drive. The Sanchize delivering a 42-yard bomb down the sideline to Braylon and then hooking up with Santonio in the corner of the end-zone. On TV, the stadium looked one-third full, but the noise levels on those two plays sounded insane.

That was a hell of a finish. That whole season had some great games and finishes....Cleveland OT thriller with the Cotch 3rd down grab while suffering an injury and Homes game winning TD with less than a minute to go, the Detroit comeback and OT win, even Denver game, etc.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

best game I attended: For me it was the 51-45 OT win over Miami.  Winning TD was right in front of us from our end zone seats.  

I would love to lie and tell you it was the Monday Night Miracle comeback against Miami, but we left at the half and drove 40 miles home only to watch the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter and OT on TV.  So we were one of the 95% of fans who walked out.  Nowadays, 95% of the fans will claim they stayed for the whole thing.  90% of those are lying.

The Divisional win in Foxboro in 2011 by far. Just a reminder though, a few posters mixed up Shonne Greene with Lamont Jordan talking about that game and the win in SD in the playoffs a year prior.

Next best would be probably winning the division in 2002 beating GB in an ass whooping on my 20th bday, beating the Colts in our last home playoff game the following week 41-0, beating the Bengals the last week of the season and last game ever in Giants Stadium in 2009.....the Brad Smith big run out of the wildcat was awesome!

that game was awesome.  it was the first game i ever attended.  

but beating the pats in the 2010 divisional round of the playoffs is #1 for me.

My Top 10

1. 1968 AFL Championship Game

2. Super Bowl III

3. 1971 - San Francisco vs Jets (Namath returns from injury, comes off the bench down big and leads great comeback that falls just short)

4. 1974 - Jets beat Giants in OT at Yale Bowl on Namath to Boozer TD pass.

5. 1972 - Namath throws 6TD's and beats Unitas in shootout in Baltimore

6. 1998 - Jets beat Jags in Playoff at Meadowlands

7. 1981 - Jets beat Dolphins at Shea in battle for 1st place 16-15 on Todd to Barkum last second TD pass

8. O'Brien vs Marino shootout

9. Monday Night Miracle (Jets vs Dolphins)

10. 2010 - Sanchez leads Jets over Pats in playoffs in NE

SB III is before my time so that one is out. 

Sadly, I didn't see the 51-45 game (wish I could see it on YouTube) or else it would be right up there.

I'm guessing some will say beating the Giants to knock them out of the playoffs in 1988.  Didn't do that much for me as I don't view the Giants as a rival.  The hype around that game actually kind of annoys me to be honest.

The Patriots playoff victory a few years ago was sweet.

I loved beating the Chargers in Rex's 1st year in the divisional round.  I might have to go w/ that one.

I missed the 51-45 game due to a soccer game.  We got in the car literally just as Kenny was throwing the OT TD to Walker.

The Monday Night Miracle, I got so pissed off I turned it off, so, missed that one too.

So, probably beating the pats in the Playoffs, setting up a loss to the Steelers.

All the above were great!

Two that I attended that are up there with me:

Joe Namath coming off the bench at Shea vs San Francisco

after a two year wrist injury kept him sidelined. Almost pulled it out. It was electric.

2002 vs Green Bay at GS clinching the division while Miami

lost in Foxboro.

I was there. It was actually a knee injury he suffered in the 1st preseason game that year vs Detroit that he was coming back from. He hurt the wrist the year before. 

But you're right, that November afternoon at Shea was electric.

I was also at that 2002 game vs Green Bay ... everything fell for us right that day. Also a great afternoon.

Jets-Colts 1972 at Shea.  First game I went to, I was five. The rematch after Namath's 496 yards.  Namath, Riggins, Boozer, Maynard, Caster.  The Jets lead almost the whole way and gave up the lead, I think with under a minute to go.  Down 3,  Namath throws an 83 yard tipped ball TD to Little Eddie Bell for the win.  There is a youtube of this with the 500 yard game on youtube somewhere.  I"ve posted it before.  I think Unitas must have gotten hurt, which is probably how my Dad got the tickets.  Ended up being eventual Jet Marty Domres at QB for the Colts.

Both Colt games that year were phenomenal.

LIVE.... for me it was the FAVRE game in Tennessee. They were 10 -0 and we went in and beat them.

Nashville was FULL of JETS fans the Saturday night before hand. Entire weekend was a BLAST!

TV... Jets beating the Pats in 2011 playoffs. The david harris interception was electric.

That Tennessee game was one of the few Jets games I missed due to a funeral, but I had a feeling they'd win going into the game. Another great game was the Thursday following I believe at NE. Leon took a Kickoff for a TD, Cotch made a great circus catch, we went up big early but a last second TD from Cassel to Moss forced OT, then on OT Favre came through, hitting Keller on a few throws to eventually set up the winning FG.

Monday Night Miracle

a lot of other great ones named

i'll also toss in the last 2 games of '81 regular season - beating Cle away 14-13 & then GB home 28-3.

and '82 WC win 44-17 over Cinci then Div round win 17-14 over Raiders

1982 Jets vs.Raiders playoff - really thought da jets were going to the Super Bowl that year...F*ck Don Shula

Jets were underdogs, but won that game 17-14.  Wesley Walker had 7 receptions for 169 yards and a TD.  Heck... Lam Jones had a pair of receptions for 52 yards in that game.

Freeman McNeil had 101 yds rushing in that game.

but even better,  the playoff game the week before in Cincinnati,which the Jets were also underdogs but crushed Kenny Anderson's Bengals 44-7,  Freeman McNeil had 202 yards rushing and a TD while Wesley Walker had 8 receptions for 145 yds and a score.  (Jerkoff Chris Collinsworth had 7 receptions for 120 yards). 

That was a very good team.  The week after the Raiduh game, Shula screwed us in the AFCCG by water-logging the field at the Orange Bowl, killing the Jets ground game.  AJ Duhe sacked poor Richard Todd 3 times or more I think.

All of these games were great so I'll add one that hasn't been mentioned. Jets vs. Dolphins 2006 Christmas day that ensured our playoff hopes. It was a sloppy wet game all day and both offenses sputtered but the 64 yard screen play by Leon Washington that sealed the deal and led to the game winning field goal is one of my favorite plays ever making all those defenders miss. It was a play straight out of Tecmo Bowl

That Tennessee game was one of the few Jets games I missed due to a funeral, but I had a feeling they'd win going into the game. Another great game was the Thursday following I believe at NE. Leon took a Kickoff for a TD, Cotch made a great circus catch, we went up big early but a last second TD from Cassel to Moss forced OT, then on OT Favre came through, hitting Keller on a few throws to eventually set up the winning FG.

The NE game was the week before.   I remember that year as a HUGE waste as we lost all games after that except Buffalo. We were 8-3 after the TENN game.  Ended 9-7, lost Favre, Mangini was fired etc.

The NE game was the week before. I remember that year as a HUGE waste as we lost all games after that except Buffalo. We were 8-3 after the TENN game. Ended 9-7, lost Favre, Mangini was fired etc.

Ok, couldn't remember which order those two games were in....but now that you mention it, having an extra few days to prepare for Tennessee (since we played Thursday the week prior) was another reason I felt we'd beat them.

Yeah, the Seattle loss was probably the most pathetic. They had a terrible team and I believe everyone of their Week 1 starters on the OLine were injured and didn't play in that game, they were deteriorated yet we could barely apply pressure on their QB.

Really was disappointing considering after the Pats/Titans stretch we looked like the top team in the conference. That Thursday night game in NE was entertaining as hell still......I actually have it downloaded on my IPad....paid maybe $2 for it as it was one of the games of the year that season.

One of my favorite games was the last game played at Shea. I think we needed to win that game to make the playoffs.  The crowd noise was absolutely deafening and I was just watching it on TV. I think Jerome Barkum caught the game winning touchdown. 

The NE game was the week before. I remember that year as a HUGE waste as we lost all games after that except Buffalo. We were 8-3 after the TENN game. Ended 9-7, lost Favre, Mangini was fired etc.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, we barely beat Buffalo too. If it wasn't for a fvck up call by the Bills to throw it instead of running it right before the 2 minute warning while they had the lead, they would of beat us. Abe Elam sacked their crappy QB, forcing a fumble that Shaun Ellis returned for a TD IIRC.

We really didn't have that tough of a schedule down the stretch either, but between Favre's torn shoulder and Kris Jenkins injury the team fell apart. It's a shame because we really had some potential to do some damage that year.

One of my favorite games was the last game played at Shea. I think we needed to win that game to make the playoffs.  The crowd noise was absolutely deafening and I was just watching it on TV. I think Jerome Barkum caught the game winning touchdown. 

You are mistaken.  The final game at Shea was a miserable 34-7  loss in the rain to the Pittsburgh Steelers.  The Jets did not even show up to play... they were *that* bad.

The following week they lost the final game of the season in Miami 34-10.  An awful 7-9 season.  Miami won the division going away 12-4.   

You are mistaken.  The final game at Shea was a miserable 34-7  loss in the rain to the Pittsburgh Steelers.  The Jets did not even show up to play... they were *that* bad.

The following week they lost the final game of the season in Miami 34-10.  An awful 7-9 season.  Miami won the division going away 12-4.   

Jets got drilled in their final Shea game, you are correct.  I also believe the fans went nuts on the seats at that game.

I am thinking that he is remembering the '81 season.  They had to beat the Pack to get in and then played the Bills and lost at home.  They couldn't overcome Harper fumbling the opening kick, but they did get pretty close.  4 INTs for Todd.  I always thought of that as the last game at Shea.  I bet that they announced the move to the Meadowlands in '81, so we thought of it that way at the time. 

Beating the Patriots* in the 2010 divisional round was probably the greatest, because of all the personal stuff between the two teams and coming out on top against Brady and Belichick when it really mattered.

But there are 3 other great ones that stick out to me:

-2009 week 2 vs. the Pats*, Rex's first home game.  I was there, never heard the stadium so loud.

-2002 wild card vs. Indy, 41-0.  I was there and it was surreal how everything went our way.  The whole crowd was kind of in a happy sort of disbelief by the end.

-1998 divisional round vs. Jacksonville, getting the first round bye, hosting a divisional playoff game, and winning in convincing fashion was just awesome.  One of those "all is right in the world" moments.  Keyshawn was an animal that day.

The Flashlight game in 2000 will be one of my faves just because I was there. But gotta go with the Playoff win against NE. After that one just sat in my chair which felt like hours with a sh*t eating grin on my face watching the highlights. Pure redemption.

My Dad always said that was a bigger game than the super bowl.  Also, the Yale Bowl the following year when Giants fans thought they were still better than the Jets cause they were in the NFL and the AFL just "got lucky"

Father Knows Best.  That game set the stage to change football forever. 

the best game ive seen live was the season finale aganist gb that lead us to the playoffs. when the stadium saw the highlights from the dolphins game the crowd erupted. then we beat favre to get in, completey aweome.

favorite game tho is the win at foxboro in 2011 in the divisional round.  after getting smacked 45-3, no one gave us a shot.  the td to braylon and holmes were amazing.  shonn green td run then going to sleep on the ball in the endzone. i actually thought we were going to beat pitt.  unfortunatley i think the jets shot their load in new england and considered that their super bowl, but still my favorite game and season ive ever witnessed

Archived