OL Jarvis Harrison Signed

C Mart

It feels like we have a ridiculous amount of bodies currently on the roster for OLine.

The vets we signed: Brewer, Carpenter, Hillard, ReSign Colon & Iljana

On roster & young: Aboushi, Freeman, Dozier, Winters

Starters: Giacomini, Mngold, Brick

drafted Harrison

THAT'S A LOT OF DEPTH

It feels like we have a ridiculous amount of bodies currently on the roster for OLine.

The vets we signed: Brewer, Carpenter, Hillard, ReSign Colon & Iljana

On roster & young: Aboushi, Freeman, Dozier, Winters

Starters: Giacomini, Mngold, Brick

drafted Harrison

THAT'S A LOT OF DEPTH

Totally agree and yet people still want to add LA'el collins

this Jarvis Harrison draft pick is very interesting. He started 2 games at LT at Texas A&M against SEC teams and did fine. 

Funny the guy that signs is the one with the "bad attitude"

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I just hope it was more like: "Oh, boy, I can't ******* wait to get on the field! Let me at 'em!" and not: "Just give me the damn contract to sign so I can get this over with."

It'd be great if this was a sign of a new-found motivation and drive for him.

He has a rap for be lazy, but not when it came to snatching up that money.

Or it could be this. ^^

jets Sign Fifth-Round Choice Jarvis Harrison

Posted 8 hours ago

2012-randy-lange-headshot-thumb-60x60.pnRandy LangeSenior Reporter, newyorkjets.com@rlangejets Blog: Randy's Radar

•  
  •  
Four-Year Texas A&M Offensive Lineman Becomes First of Green & White's Six Picks to Ink Contract

AP575166690607-article.jpg

The Jets have signed offensive lineman Jarvis Harrisonicon-article-link.gif, their fifth-round draft choice out of Texas A&M.

Harrison (6'4", 330), Texas born and raised, was the 152nd overall pick of last week's draft. He started at least five games every season for his four seasons at A&M, making 38 games in all for the Aggies at three different positions on the line but mostly at left guard.

"I'm excited and I'm ready to play," he said about being drafted by the Jets. Harrison is expected to get his first plays in green and white during the team's rookie minicamp, with closed practices being held from Friday to Sunday at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.

1 down  and 5 to go

I stand corrected. He has a rap for be lazy, but not when it came to snatching up that money.

These rookie contract #s are all basically slotted. Not much to negotiate.

So with rookie mini-camp about to start I would guess / anticipate a few, if not all, signed by the weekend.

Easy starting job?  

Where is this easy starting job? There's seriously like 5 candidates for the RG spot. Every other spot is locked up. And the guy who started the last few seasons is still on the roster.

Recommending La'el to compete with all these other guys (and a 5th round pick) would be incompetent agenting. 

Where is this easy starting job? There's seriously like 5 candidates for the RG spot. Every other spot is locked up. And the guy who started the last few seasons is still on the roster.

Recommending La'el to compete with all these other guys (and a 5th round pick) would be incompetent agenting. 

Every team has "candidates."  I don't spend much time ranking college offensive linemen, but if this kid is actually a first round talent RT should not be particularly difficult.  Neither should whatever G spot Carpenter is not at.

RT.  Breno is a decent run-blocker but he seems like he has the ability to get QB's killed.  It was difficult for us to address that spot in the middle rounds, but Collins is on another level in terms of prospects we would have targeted.  Currently there's no competition for that RT spot unless of course Aboushi is ready to take another step in his development.  Collins would provide nice depth at the worst and have the upside to be our Week 1 starter.

Either way, if Collins get's exonerated from any involvement, it would be silly not to try to add him.  What, do we not have room for a UDFA?  Always continue to add talent where you can and let the roster shake out as it may.

The real question is why would Collins want to sign here? 

If he wants to play tackle as reported he'd have a decent chance to beat out Giacomini. The Jets expressed a lot of interest in tackles pre-draft, so it's not crazy to say they feel it's a need or a position that could be upgraded. And there's no long-term left tackle on the roster, not sure how many more years Brick has left.

Concern would be the Jets run more zone stuff and he's a better fit for a gap scheme as far as I'm aware. I don't think many teams would pencil him in as the starting LT, but starting a career at RT and having a chance to move over to LT in a couple/few years isn't a bad situation if you want to make up for that bad first contract.

Back on topic, Harrison's a nice pick in that he's got upside to fill a hole at guard but if he doesn't work out it doesn't really hurt the Jets because depth there is good. Will be interesting to see how many linemen are kept, who gets cut, and who wins that RG spot in camp.

Very intriguing player.  He's got RT possibility, but maybe best for him to cut his teeth as a Guard.

Fifth-rounder Jarvis Harrison's time in the three-cone drill at the NFL Combine. It was the best time by any guard and the fourth-best by any offensive lineman, with most of the rest of the linemen slower despite being 20-25 pounds lighter than his 330-pound frame. That and the fact that Jarvis was good enough to make an AAU traveling basketball squad when he was younger speak to the agility and athleticism for his imposing size that he's bringing to the pros.

From nyjets.com

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Harrison-Powerful-at-the-Point-of-Attack/b6f98dd9-5298-4ec3-95ba-d1f6a7e9d2e3

Totally agree and yet people still want to add LA'el collins

this Jarvis Harrison draft pick is very interesting. He started 2 games at LT at Texas A&M against SEC teams and did fine. 

if la'el Collins can play right tackle, that's why the jets should go after him. breno is just not a good right tackle.period. 4 or 5 times a game,breno gets turnstiled.

Archived