Boston station WEEI just reported...........

SouthernJet

I still say whats been lost in deflated footballs make it less likely for RBs to fumble. NFL mentioned Pats were least fumbling team since Brady at a math rate that was improbably high.

Coaches say turnovers dictate games and for all the Brady years Pats have had less RB fumbles, aka, potential game changing turnovers than anyone. HUGE advantage.

The most under=reported fact in all of this and absolutely critical to unfair advantage over time. Soft footballs help the entire offense, not just Brady. Thus, the whole team should be punished as well as Brady.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A rare time where I can agree with SAR.

The amount of smoke-blowing and excuse-making amongst the media is predictable, but sickening.

The Pats entrie legacy, day one to now, is tarnished by spygate and deflategate, end stop.

Our greatest team of this generation is the Phil Neikro of NFL Franchises.  Cheaters who cheat at every opportunity.

And we have no shortage of folks laughing it off.  

Amazing.

What did Phil Niekro do besides throw knuckle balls?  I didn't know he was a cheater. 

If stealing signals were illegal and doctoring the football were illegal, then I would share your indignation over Spygate and Deflategate respectively. 

No, it's just fans of teams who haven't won multiple Super Bowls.

Just jealous and envious of the Pats total domination over the years.

The words you use, they don't mean what you think they mean.

The most under=reported fact in all of this and absolutely critical to unfair advantage over time. Soft footballs help the entire offense, not just Brady. Thus, the whole team should be punished as well as Brady.

Perhaps the league will address that by suspending Belichick for a year, in addition to a year suspension for Brady.

You have to ask, why not a lifetime ban?

Tom Brady didn't mess with a few regular season games over the course of a career.  Tom Brady cheated in playoff games, championship games, and the Super Bowl.  He's tarnished an entire season, illegitimized a World Championship, made a mockery of a sport adored by tens of millions, and his reaction is to laugh as if it didn't matter.

He's Shoeless Joe Jackson.

SAR I

Shoeless Joe was innocent or so they say.

Brady, at a minimum, is as FISHbstates, Niekro, or IMO, AROD and Barry Bonds.

A scandal player that by virtue of the behavior of the NFL puts the integrity of the game in doubt during his era.

What did Phil Niekro do besides throw knuckle balls?  I didn't know he was a cheater. 

If stealing signals were illegal and doctoring the football were illegal, then I would share your indignation over Spygate and Deflategate respectively.

On re thought...he probably meant Gaylord Perry.

Well as usual this is an attempt to sidetrack the issue at hand but the Pats in my mind have actually underachieved as an organization compared to what they could have been.  They were saved by a last second terrible play call by Seattle.  After the initial super bowl run they made some very stubborn organizational moves that lead to them not winning more championships during their window.

In any case last year will be the last one for a very long time.

Speaking for myself, and I think over the years you know this to be true, I don't wish ill-will on the Patriots because of the Jets suckage.  In fact, for the past 10+ years I've heaped praise on the Patriots for their accomplishments.

But unlike other infractions, this time it cuts to the core of the NFL's integrity.  I mean, they messed with the ball.  The very object touched on every offensive play, softened so its easier to grip and control.  It's not right.  Furthermore, you can't have the face of the league lie through his teeth and get away with it, not with all the issues the past two years with player violence against women, player murders, concussion suicides, Goddell's nonchalance to it all.  The refs approve the balls, hand them over to entrusted personnel, we have a fair game.  Having Patriots staff tamper with the physical characteristics of the game to appease their quarterback all the way through the playoffs, championship game, and the Super Bowl itself cannot be tolerated and a heavy punishment must come down to teach all the lesson.

SAR I

Complete and utter brain fart on my part.

JOE Niekro was the cheater.

But who I really was thinking of was Gaylord Perry.

/faceplam

So they're the "Gaylord" Patriots.

/snicker

Speaking for myself, and I think over the years you know this to be true, I don't wish ill-will on the Patriots because of the Jets suckage.  In fact, for the past 10+ years I've heaped praise on the Patriots for their accomplishments.

But unlike other infractions, this time it cuts to the core of the NFL's integrity.  I mean, they messed with the ball.  The very object touched on every offensive play, softened so its easier to grip and control.  It's not right.  Furthermore, you can't have the face of the league lie through his teeth and get away with it, not with all the issues the past two years with player violence against women, player murders, concussion suicides, Goddell's nonchalance to it all.  The refs approve the balls, hand them over to entrusted personnel, we have a fair game.  Having Patriots staff tamper with the physical characteristics of the game to appease their quarterback all the way through the playoffs, championship game, and the Super Bowl itself cannot be tolerated and a heavy punishment must come down to teach all the lesson.

SAR I

I'm with you on the lying part.  But the NFL rules currently allow QB's to doctor the balls to a fare-thee-well before the refs inspect them.  And the refs only check the air pressure, not the many other changes the QB's have made to the ball to enhance grip, etc.  And the NFL's representative fine for using non-compliant balls is just $25K.  So, as an institutional matter the league never really cared much about the integrity of its footballs. 

But now it's the end of the world that the Patriots have been tampering with them beyond the extensive tampering already permitted by the league?  I don't get that.  If the football is so sacrosanct, then just take the balls out of a factory sealed package right before game time and play ball.  There should be no tampering with the balls whatsoever before -- or after -- the refs get their hands on them. 

I'm with you on the lying part.  But the NFL rules currently allow QB's to doctor the balls to a fare-thee-well before the refs inspect them.  And the refs only check the air pressure, not the many other changes the QB's have made to the ball to enhance grip, etc.  And the NFL's representative fine for using non-compliant balls is just $25K.  So, as an institutional matter the league never really cared much about the integrity of its footballs. 

But now it's the end of the world that the Patriots have been tampering with them beyond the extensive tampering already permitted by the league?  I don't get that.  If the football is so sacrosanct, then just take the balls out of a factory sealed package right before game time and play ball.  There should be no tampering with the balls whatsoever before -- or after -- the refs get their hands on them. 

I just want to clarify the bold since I've seen that statement thrown around a couple times.  It is a base minimum of $25k for the infraction.  Just like all other infractions, they don't tell you a ceiling only what the lowest penalty would be.

And I do agree with your 2nd statement.  I think they may go back to not allowing this behavior since the league itself cracked the door open which only invites everyone else to keep pushing the door open wider.

Lots of steeler fans in my area, and they are all saying one year suspension for both brady and belly.

The fact that Patriots fans like yourself have to become conversant in obscure NFL Rules is quite telling don't you think?  Its sort of analogous to how the population most knowledgable in legal subjects, after lawyers, is inmates.   

I just want to clarify the bold since I've seen that statement thrown around a couple times.  It is a base minimum of $25k for the infraction.  Just like all other infractions, they don't tell you a ceiling only what the lowest penalty would be.

And I do agree with your 2nd statement.  I think they may go back to not allowing this behavior since the league itself cracked the door open which only invites everyone else to keep pushing the door open wider.

You are absolutely right.  I was not as clear as I should have been, but I was trying to make the point that the $25K reference says something about the perceived severity of the violation.  You would never see for example, a statute that makes the penalty for first degree murder "incarceration for a period of time not less than 30 days."   

Why do most people think that any ruling will be successfully appealed? What grounds for appeal could there possibly be? Brady has shown no contrition. He continues to lie and make a mockery of the situation. He absolutely should be suspended for a minimum of 1 year. Precedent has been set in bounty gate. The obstruction of the investigation is serious. If this was any other team, is there any question of how severe the punishment would be. The Cheatriots are floating that they fear 6 to 8 to the public, to get public opinion away from what should be a minimum of 1 year. Cheating, lying about it, obstruction of the investigation. Jeez, if the NFL lets them off easy, how can they possibly punish anyone else going forward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I still say whats been lost in deflated footballs make it less likely for RBs to fumble. NFL mentioned Pats were least fumbling team since Brady at a math rate that was improbably high.

Coaches say turnovers dictate games and for all the Brady years Pats have had less RB fumbles, aka, potential game changing turnovers than anyone. HUGE advantage.

Not to mention Winter playoff games in Foxboro.  All the times Peyton and other warm weather QB's went up there and were crushed while Brady seemed to be the "best cold weather QB" ever?  The dude was cheating all those years.  BTW,  NO WAY Belichick did not know about it.

Not to mention Winter playoff games in Foxboro.  All the times Peyton and other warm weather QB's went up there and were crushed while Brady seemed to be the "best cold weather QB" ever?  The dude was cheating all those years.  BTW,  NO WAY Belichick did not know about it.

I just looked at the patsfans dot com site and I nearly fell out of my chair.  They are so delusional and so paranoid, that it is scary. They seem to have split into a  brilliant mixture of conspiracy theorists and those still in abject denial that the Pats did anything wrong.  It was funny for a moment then I realized they actually believe they are right. 

The evidence shows plain as day that their star QB had a weekly process in place to deflate the Patriot's balls, violating the leagues explicit rules.  Even though the standard is "more likely than not" per NFL guidelines, there would not beanything close to a reasonable doubt in the mind of a sane person that there was a little conspiracy between Brady and his equipment people to adjust the balls to Brady's liking.  

Then he lies through his teeth about it publicly and after that he lies to the league investigators.  He told investigators he didn't even know who the equipment manager is.  If these were depositions, then it would have been perjury, a crime. Then he impedes the investigation be refusing to turn over his phone and other possible evidence when requested.  

Yet that  I'll leave Belichick out of it for the moment. So the notorious micromanager knew nothing?

I just looked at the patsfans dot com site and I nearly fell out of my chair.  They are so delusional and so paranoid, that it is scary. They seem to have split into a  brilliant mixture of conspiracy theorists and those still in abject denial that the Pats did anything wrong.  It was funny for a moment then I realized they actually believe they are right. 

The evidence shows plain as day that their star QB had a weekly process in place to deflate the Patriot's balls, violating the leagues explicit rules.  Even though the standard is "more likely than not" per NFL guidelines, there would not beanything close to a reasonable doubt in the mind of a sane person that there was a little conspiracy between Brady and his equipment people to adjust the balls to Brady's liking.  

Then he lies through his teeth about it publicly and after that he lies to the league investigators.  He told investigators he didn't even know who the equipment manager is.  If these were depositions, then it would have been perjury, a crime. Then he impedes the investigation be refusing to turn over his phone and other possible evidence when requested.  

Yet that  I'll leave Belichick out of it for the moment. So the notorious micromanager knew nothing?

You dont have to go to Patsfan.com to see that, just look at the sorry trolls on this site. sh*t has been hilarious.   

Stay away from that site at all costs.  It reminds me of a Tebow fan-boy convention. 

they are facing having to accept they lost a 7 year argument, and what people have been saying about the asterisk is all true and none of the hardware is legit and nobody respects any of it. 

they will not give up easily

Archived