Boston station WEEI just reported...........

SouthernJet

Speaking for myself, and I think over the years you know this to be true, I don't wish ill-will on the Patriots because of the Jets suckage. In fact, for the past 10+ years I've heaped praise on the Patriots for their accomplishments.

But unlike other infractions, this time it cuts to the core of the NFL's integrity. I mean, they messed with the ball. The very object touched on every offensive play, softened so its easier to grip and control. It's not right. Furthermore, you can't have the face of the league lie through his teeth and get away with it, not with all the issues the past two years with player violence against women, player murders, concussion suicides, Goddell's nonchalance to it all. The refs approve the balls, hand them over to entrusted personnel, we have a fair game. Having Patriots staff tamper with the physical characteristics of the game to appease their quarterback all the way through the playoffs, championship game, and the Super Bowl itself cannot be tolerated and a heavy punishment must come down to teach all the lesson.

SAR I

This my friend is an excellent post!!!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the people who believe Brady will sue. He wouldn't let them look at his cell phone when he had the option, he's gonna remove that option by handing the NFL an open invitation to subpoena his phone records? Because if I was the NFL's lawyer, that would be my absolute first move if Brady files suit. 

Shady Brady can always claim he had his own server and he deleted the messages.

The Patriots internally are expecting a 6-8 game suspension for Brady.

That would put him back for the Jet game if 6 games ,LOL

Connor Hughes retweeted Michael Salfino

Six games puts Brady back for #Jets game. Eight has him missing it.

Connor Hughes added,

Michael Salfino @MichaelSalfino
NO JOKE HERE: WEEI reporting #Patriots expect a suspension of Brady in the 6-to-8-game range.

Can he practice?

Why do most people think that any ruling will be successfully appealed? What grounds for appeal could there possibly be? Brady has shown no contrition. He continues to lie and make a mockery of the situation. He absolutely should be suspended for a minimum of 1 year. Precedent has been set in bounty gate. The obstruction of the investigation is serious. If this was any other team, is there any question of how severe the punishment would be. The Cheatriots are floating that they fear 6 to 8 to the public, to get public opinion away from what should be a minimum of 1 year. Cheating, lying about it, obstruction of the investigation. Jeez, if the NFL lets them off easy, how can they possibly punish anyone else going forward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You are 100% correct.

They are trying to do what they should have been doing during the investigation. That is get ahead of the curve !!!!

This is the first smart thing they have done since the issuance of the report.

I read this somewhere else and so I put on EEI about fifteen minutes ago. They haven't mentioned it so I'm thinking it's speculation. But boy that would be great. The Pig is Ripe!

I heard it multiple times on WEEI and 98.5 Sports Hub in Boston today that the team is worried Brady will get 6-8 games....so it's definitely out there.

Man that would be beautiful if Brady gets a legit suspension over this. Asterisk city baby!!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

They had welker and moss in their primes and a lot more skilled players back then. I see a 6 win team without Brady tbh.

I agree. They don't have the supporting cast they did in 08 to run off double digit wins without Brady.

If he gets 6 games, without looking at the schedule I would guess they go 3-3 at best with an inexperienced QB and no more Revis and Browner to keep opponents under 20 ppg.

Personally I wouldn't mind his suspension to end the week of our first meeting. Get a shot at a rusty Brady with our Defense.....I'd love to see that. I'd think we'd beat the hell outta him.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

With not Brady and a horific secondary they could dig themselves a very deep hole over the first half of the season. Or maybe not. I didn't expect them to win with Casell either.

That 08 schedule was cake for afce best record between nfcw and afcw was SD @ 8-8 they had 3 or 4 2-14 teams that year - NE went 7-1 in those games, schedule isn't brutal this year but far from the 08 cake walk - jimmy G will have to be good and won't get by on SOS like cassel did

You have to ask, why not a lifetime ban?

Tom Brady didn't mess with a few regular season games over the course of a career.  Tom Brady cheated in playoff games, championship games, and the Super Bowl.  He's tarnished an entire season, illegitimized a World Championship, made a mockery of a sport adored by tens of millions, and his reaction is to laugh as if it didn't matter.

He's Shoeless Joe Jackson.

SAR I

Shoeless Joe hit for a 375 avg and made no errors during the series he was accused of tanking in..LOL

Speaking for myself, and I think over the years you know this to be true, I don't wish ill-will on the Patriots because of the Jets suckage.  In fact, for the past 10+ years I've heaped praise on the Patriots for their accomplishments.

But unlike other infractions, this time it cuts to the core of the NFL's integrity.  I mean, they messed with the ball.  The very object touched on every offensive play, softened so its easier to grip and control.  It's not right.  Furthermore, you can't have the face of the league lie through his teeth and get away with it, not with all the issues the past two years with player violence against women, player murders, concussion suicides, Goddell's nonchalance to it all.  The refs approve the balls, hand them over to entrusted personnel, we have a fair game.  Having Patriots staff tamper with the physical characteristics of the game to appease their quarterback all the way through the playoffs, championship game, and the Super Bowl itself cannot be tolerated and a heavy punishment must come down to teach all the lesson.

SAR I

Absolutely. this puts the NFL on par with professional wrestling. Goodfellas watch , so far, has been a disaster from a fans standpoint.

wait i thought some jet fans didnt want Cindy to sit any games as they wanted to beat the pats with full roster? unreal mon

I do want them to play against Brady. This is another complete rebuild year so there's zero chance at making it to the playoffs and learning who's who including the coaching staff is all that matters.

I do want them to play against Brady. This is another complete rebuild year so there's zero chance at making it to the playoffs and learning who's who including the coaching staff is all that matters.

My point is ...tarnishing Brady's career is more important.  If HOF voters now equate him to Bonds, then maybe HOF will not happen. The Jets will need to beat a vastly improved Phins team and the Jills have a great def.  there was a good chance Pats were not making playoffs this yr anyway.

That 08 schedule was cake for afce best record between nfcw and afcw was SD @ 8-8 they had 3 or 4 2-14 teams that year - NE went 7-1 in those games, schedule isn't brutal this year but far from the 08 cake walk - jimmy G will have to be good and won't get by on SOS like cassel did

They've got those cupcake AFC South matchups, though.  They could run that table 4-0 even with Rohan Davey at the helm, let alone Garoppolo. 

My point is ...tarnishing Brady's career is more important.  If HOF voters now equate him to Bonds, then maybe HOF will not happen. The Jets will need to beat a vastly improved Phins team and the Jills have a great def.  there was a good chance Pats were not making playoffs this yr anyway.

That's a funny post assmop.

Whatever, the smug son of a bitch is getting what's coming to him. Reminds me of how he laughed at laughed at Plaxico's super bowl remark of how they won't score over 17 points and asked if plax was going to play defense. The dude is as smug as they come, he brought it all on himself. 

That is just NOT enough. THis is NOT even close.

I won't be surprised if Goodell/Kraft want to float this out there to see how the fans respond. An experiment in the late Friday afternoon news cycle.

I want to know how much is BB going to punished as well. And i want to know how are Kraft and the Pats going to be punished as well. The Pats organization did not fully co-operate with the investigation which has been swept under the carpet.

All great points...I seem to remember "ignorance is no excuse" being said regarding Payton's suspension over Bountygate.  Why should Belichick escape punishment in this case?

Wasn't meant to be serious. Figured a Pats fan would agree.

Because cheating is ingrained in their culture. Look at TX's remark. It showed that cheating, lying and overall corruption of an entire institution is acceptable to him. He now embraces it as a means to an end no matter ethically wrong it is. No matter if it ruins the sport he professes to love. He's a sellout. An obnoxious slot at that.

They've got those cupcake AFC South matchups, though.  They could run that table 4-0 even with Rohan Davey at the helm, let alone Garoppolo. 

They start out with Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Bye, Jax, Dalls with their first four games; outside of Jacksonville, there's not a single pushover there. Say what you will about Rex, but rookies/never-a-starters do not fair well against his defense, let alone that buffalo defense he's inheriting. If Brady gets four games, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start 1-3.

All great points...I seem to remember "ignorance is no excuse" being said regarding Payton's suspension over Bountygate.  Why should Belichick escape punishment in this case?

It would be a joke is BB get's away with no punishment. Question is why was BB's phone not sought by the investigation.

They start out with Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Bye, Jax, Dalls with their first four games; outside of Jacksonville, there's not a single pushover there. Say what you will about Rex, but rookies/never-a-starters do not fair well against his defense, let alone that buffalo defense he's inheriting. If Brady gets four games, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start 1-3.

Pitt in Foxboro with no LeVeon Bell is a W, even if Jimmy G is the QB.  I agree re Rex/Buffalo.  My guess is 2-2 if Brady gets 4 games and 5-3 (wins over Indy, Wash and one of the two home games against MIA and NYJ) if he gets 8 games. 

So would every other Jets fan.

They just won't admit it.

Good front but deep down Mikey you know as a PATS* fan your take on this team has been tarnished.

You can say all you want here online but at the end of the day you understand that what people have been saying about BB and the boys is true.

No NFL history book will fail to mention either spy gate or Brady's involvement in breaking the rules when they write about the Pats* success.

Brady is basically Roger Clemens now. .

My point is ...tarnishing Brady's career is more important. If HOF voters now equate him to Bonds, then maybe HOF will not happen. The Jets will need to beat a vastly improved Phins team and the Jills have a great def. there was a good chance Pats were not making playoffs this yr anyway.

I'm pretty sure the Pats would make the playoffs with Brady all season.

Why would steelers fans know?

It was in response to PatsTX saying the calls for suspensions and that TB is a cheater is all about jealousy from fan bases with little SB success. Pitt fan base has had a lot to be happy about in the recent past.

I'm pretty sure the Pats would make the playoffs with Brady all season.

Of course they would have.  Just because they were caught deflating the footballs doesn't mean that they'd stop cheating.  It's clear now that they didn't just quit the cheating after SpyGate.  It just went further underground and focused on a different aspect of the game.  The same will happen this time unless Goodell somehow grows a backbone and sends a message with the punishment in this case.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2215881

Tom Brady will be suspended by Roger Goodell for role in DeflateGate, announcement expected next week 

Tom Brady will be the highest profile player ever suspended in the 96-year history of the NFL.

Roger Goodell's decision is expected to be announced next week and it is no longer a matter of if the NFL commissioner will suspend Brady, but for how long he will suspend him. In conversations I've had with several key sources who always have a good sense of what goes on at 345 Park Avenue, there is little doubt Goodell considers Brady's role in DeflateGate a serious violation.

The NFL is convinced, according to sources, that connecting all the dots of the evidence supplied by Wells leads to one conclusion: Brady cheated.

The feeling is the Wells Report supplied Goodell with enough ammunition to suspend Brady both for breaking the rules by ordering the deflation of footballs and by not cooperating with the investigation when he refused to turn over his cell phone to Wells’ investigators.

super-bowl-football.jpg
Estimates have been all over the map. My feeling is he will wind up with two games, whether that is the initial discipline handed out or whether he is hit with four and ends up with two after an appeal.. The Miami Herald reported Brady's suspension could be as much as the entire 2015 season. Sources insist that is way off and not going to happen. There were reports in Boston on Friday on CSNNE that the Patriots fear Goodell could hit Brady with a 6-to-8 game suspension. Others have estimated 2-to-4 games. Brady will not likely be the only one disciplined in DeflateGate. The Patriots could be fined, just as they were in SpyGate in 2007. Bill Belichick, who was hit with a $500,000 fine for running his spying operation, could also face sanctions, although Wells’ report did not link him to the deflating of the footballs. Precedent is important. Remember, Sean Payton was not implicated in BountyGate, but Goodell still suspended him for the 2012 season, saying ignorance is not an excuse. Belichick runs the Patriots’ football operation, so it will be interesting to see if Goodell, who is not exactly fond of Belichick, ultimately holds him responsible because the whole thing it happened under his watch. Clearly, any games Brady misses reduces the chance Belichick and the Patriots have to repeat as Super Bowl champions. Second-year backup Jimmy Garoppolo better start warming up in the bullpen. But even if the Pats are without Brady for more than a few games, Bill Belichick is very resourceful. In 2008, following the Patriots’ 16-0 regular season, Brady suffered a season ending torn ACL in the first quarter of the first game. In came Matt Cassel and the Pats finished 11-5, although they missed the playoffs on tiebreakers. Considering how soft Goodell was in originally giving Ray Rice just a two-game suspension for slugging his future wife in an elevator — there were enough details about what happened for a stiffer suspension even before the second elevator video surfaced — how can Goodell possibly justify giving Brady 6-to-8 games? This is not the outcome the NFL wanted out of the long investigation by Ted Wells. Brady and Peyton Manning together have been the faces of the league for more than a decade and this is not at all like Goodell having to suspend miscreants like Rice, Adrian Peterson and Greg Hardy for various degrees of domestic violence. This is Tom Brady, four-time Super Bowl champion, three-time Super Bowl MVP, husband to the world’s most famous supermodel and, at least to this point, everything Goodell wanted representing the NFL shield. Meanwhile, sources say NFL owners are watching closely how Goodell deals not only with Brady but with the Patriots as well. Wells’ constant use of "more probable than not" in explaining Brady's role is the standard the NFL was looking for to find him in violation of the rules. The league considers that as good as guilty and just a way of phrasing it in legal terms. Two days ago, former Bills, Panthers and Colts GM Bill Polian, a former member of the competition committee, said on ESPN that the phrase “is the standard of proof that the NFL has used for about seven years or so that means in English: they're guilty. ... This is not running through a stop sign, this is not speeding five miles over the limit. This is a serious competitive violation that has to be treated as such by the league." No matter how many games Goodell suspends Brady, the Jets’ chances of closing the gap on their long-time tormentors has just increased significantly.

Archived