Report: Goodell considers Brady's Deflategate role a serious violation

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a tricky one, though.  The league can't really punish a player for not turning over his phone because otherwise you are giving the league de facto subpoena power when the union has already bargained for no such power. 

They most certainly can punish him for that. It is stated in the Wells report that failure to cooperate with the investigation is an infraction that warrants punishment, as stated in the rules. Now, you are right if you mean the league can't take legal action against Brady failing to comply with the investigators' request to hand over his phone. But they certainly have cognizance over the doling out of punishments for violating what is stated in the rules with regard to failing to cooperate fully with the investigation.  

The Pats are worse off than the JETS. They do not have a single non-asterisk Championship. The JETS do.

Were you alive when the Jets won the Super Bowl?

95% of Jets fans posting on this message board were sperm cells the last time the Jets were relevant in the NFL.

The really important thing that SO SO many people are neglecting is that this was not an isolated incident. They were found out because Baltimore told them to look for it. The reality is that the **Cheatriots** did this all the time. The statistics of their bad weather play,home field deviation and fumble ration prove this. Penalty should be as close to the NFL death penalty as possible as they are many multiple times offenders. Not only the taping incident but tons of other complaints about activity in their stadium.

The really important thing that SO SO many people are neglecting is that this was not an isolated incident. They were found out because Baltimore told them to look for it. The reality is that the **Cheatriots** did this all the time. The statistics of their bad weather play,home field deviation and fumble ration prove this. Penalty should be as close to the NFL death penalty as possible as they are many multiple times offenders. Not only the taping incident but tons of other complaints about activity in their stadium.

Exactamundo

You love the performance of your team over the last 46 years?

Right up there with the Browns and Lions.

You keep good company.

I dunno. At the end of the day I don't have to go through mental gymnastics to justify my fandom. If you were so happy and secure in your team I really didn't see the need to be so vocal and petty in response to "jealousy"

Whatever makes you feel better.

Wake me up when the NFL strips the Patriots of all their Super Bowl titles.

For the reasons described in this Report, and after a comprehensive investigation,

we have concluded that, in connection with the AFC Championship Game, it is more probable

than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and

were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules. In particular, we have concluded

that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the

Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate

effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee. Based

on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the

quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of

McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Wake me up when the NFL strips the Patriots of all their Super Bowl titles.

They don't have to strip you of anything.  Even if they did you'd still talk about how they can never take away your memories and other nonsense.  Keep your hollow trophies.  You'll have to justify why you identify with a team of cheaters for years and years.  You and the rest of your Patriot brethren have spent the last several years laughing in peoples' faces when they dare bring up Spygate.  Now that a second scandal has arrived to make what was supposed to be your first "clean" championship now rendered meaningless, I'd say it's our turn to laugh at you.  

You can make fun of our franchise's lack of success all you want to make yourself feel better about it.  It will have zero effect on us.  We're already well aware of it, and it's what makes our fanbase great.  We hate ourselves and bemoan our teams' failures, but come back every year for more abuse.  All you have left is excuses for why you root for that franchise.  Have fun.

They don't have to strip you of anything. Even if they did you'd still talk about how they can never take away your memories and other nonsense. Keep your hollow trophies. You'll have to justify why you identify with a team of cheaters for years and years. You and the rest of your Patriot brethren have spent the last several years laughing in peoples' faces when they dare bring up Spygate. Now that a second scandal has arrived to make what was supposed to be your first "clean" championship now rendered meaningless, I'd say it's our turn to laugh at you.

You can make fun of our franchise's lack of success all you want to make yourself feel better about it. It will have zero effect on us. We're already well aware of it, and it's what makes our fanbase great. We hate ourselves and bemoan our teams' failures, but come back every year for more abuse. All you have left is excuses for why you root for that franchise. Have fun.

Potw

I dunno. At the end of the day I don't have to go through mental gymnastics to justify my fandom. If you were so happy and secure in your team I really didn't see the need to be so vocal and petty in response to "jealousy"

They are cheaters. It is very clear to all outside the MASShole area.

KRAFT on down is simply an ethical cesspool.

They don't have to strip you of anything.  Even if they did you'd still talk about how they can never take away your memories and other nonsense.  Keep your hollow trophies.  You'll have to justify why you identify with a team of cheaters for years and years.  You and the rest of your Patriot brethren have spent the last several years laughing in peoples' faces when they dare bring up Spygate.  Now that a second scandal has arrived to make what was supposed to be your first "clean" championship now rendered meaningless, I'd say it's our turn to laugh at you.  

You can make fun of our franchise's lack of success all you want to make yourself feel better about it.  It will have zero effect on us.  We're already well aware of it, and it's what makes our fanbase great.  We hate ourselves and bemoan our teams' failures, but come back every year for more abuse.  All you have left is excuses for why you root for that franchise.  Have fun.

Only SOJF do this. True jet fans are proud of having the honor of rooting for this franchise.

Nice to hear from real Jets fans.

I swear, 95% of Jets fans would rather denigrate the Pats accomplishments than root for their own team.

slow down !  I have to figure out how to do the graphs.  gimme a day !!

During the second quarter of the AFC Championship Game, a ball thrown by

Tom Brady was intercepted by a player for the Colts and the ball was taken to the

Colts sideline. On the sideline, Colts equipment personnel used a pressure gauge

to measure the inflation level of the ball, determined that it was below the

minimum 12.5 psi level and informed a game official and other NFL personnel.

Prior to the game, Colts personnel had notified the NFL that they suspected that

the Patriots might be deflating game balls below the minimum level permissible

under the Playing Rules, although they did not support their suspicions with any

specific factual information. In response to the pre-game concerns raised by the

Colts, NFL Football Operations staff had notified the head of the NFL Officiating

Department, Dean Blandino, and a senior officiating supervisor who would be

attending the game, Alberto Riveron. During a pre-game conversation concerning

various game-day topics, Riveron told referee Walt Anderson that a concern had

been raised about the air pressure of the game balls. Anderson told Riveron that

he would be sure to follow his usual ball inspection procedure to ensure that the

balls were properly inflated.

Only SOJF do this. True jet fans are proud of having the honor of rooting for this franchise.

Yes because only real Jets fans have a holier-than-thou viewpoint.  Tell me more about how I should behave when it comes to a mode of entertainment where people run and catch an oblong ball, I have so much to learn.

I swear, 95% of Jets fans would rather denigrate the Pats accomplishments than root for their own team.

Absolutely not. You are here, voicing anti JET sentiment and we are stating our opinion on OUR home course.

Your statement would be true of a poster on a PASTS site names.... JETSFANTX or some other ridiculous name.

You denigrate everything the Jets do on a Jets message board.  I'd say we're even, except that Pats fans have had the same smug smile Brady has nearly for the last decade, telling everyone who would listen how Spygate didn't mean a thing.  Meaning it's your turn to take abuse.  Yep, I will denigrate the Pats, gladly.  When you win 4 titles, think you're God's gift to earth and treat the Pats like they're curing cancer....then we find out later none of them were legitimate?  Yeah, that's worth some denigration and more than a few laughs.  

Don't worry, we'll probably move on when meaningful Jet activities start happening this summer.  But for now.....

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You denigrate everything the Jets do on a Jets message board.  I'd say we're even.

Even???

Hell, the Jets haven't even won an outright AFCE title since 1998.

The Pats have won 14 out of the last 15 outright.

How can you say with a straight face that that is "even"?

It's not even.

Jets:had inept management, inadequate rosters, circus atmosphere, poor preparation. Past tense. 

Pats: have corrupt management, culture of cheating and acquiring unfair advantages. Filters down to players.  Star QB: cheats, lies. Present tense.

Even???

Conclusions

With minimal training (a single practice run), it is possible for an individual using a standard sports

ball inflation needle to perform the following in approximately 60-70 seconds: open a door and enter

a room, close the door, open a zippered bag containing 13 footballs, insert the needle into all

footballs releasing a small amount of air from each, close and zipper the bag containing the

footballs, and leave the room through the door, closing the door behind.

Even???

Jets are bad at football. Pats are a morally degenerate cheaters with sociopathic tendencies. Congrats, you won. It only cost you the respect of your peers and you're entire legacy.

Jets are bad at football. Pats are a morally degenerate cheaters with sociopathic tendencies. Congrats, you won. It only cost you the respect of your peers and you're entire legacy.

Let me ask you this, or any other Jets fan.

If the roles were reversed, and the Jets won 4 Super Bowls in 14 years (that was funny just typing that) and had to deal with Spygate and Deflategate, what would you say?

"Damn, all the other fans in the league think we are cheaters, I hope the league takes away all our Super Bowl titles and then I can sleep better at night".

If the roles were reversed, and the Jets won 4 Super Bowls in 14 years (that was funny just typing that) and had to deal with Spygate and Deflategate, what would you say?

"Damn, all the other fans in the league think we are cheaters, I hope the league takes away all our Super Bowl titles and then I can sleep better at night".

I'd probably say nothing. Especially on a Patriots board.

The fact that he lied and the text messages leads me to believe he will get at least 6 games. His arrogance during that initial press conference is what really stands out.

hope the Pats are 1-5 by the time we face them 

I would be devastated man, that's my team we're talking about.  i don't want a bunch of cheaters.

Archived