Report: Goodell considers Brady's Deflategate role a serious violation

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me making the reference to the popuarilty of basketball in New England one sport, shouldn't label a town "a front runner" given as its been referenced the passion fans have here for baseball, football and hockey.

You moving here means just as much as me living here, and when exactly and how exactly the popularity of football hit New England is pretty accurate by me, also i referenced the popularity of the sport raising too, so you aren't saying anything different to what I have said. You just decided to go into detail.

also at no point did i ever mention a sports radio fan, i brought up sports radio because the subject has been brought up a few times by the host of these stations which a few of the host are columnist, and authors who also in turn bring in guest who are columnist, authors and historians.

Whu?

The fact that the town's favored sport is interchangeable based on who is winning, is why we're discussing it as a front-runner. You said it isn't, and talked about how the Patriots fans loved them since 1994 and that this is a Patriots town, in your words "historically". I have proven with data and facts, that the NFL in general has seen a boom in popularity, that before this boom for the NFL it was historically NOT an NFL town... and that the NFL teams nationally have all eclipsed baseball, yet compared to most markets, the popularity drop-off between the Patriots and Red Sox is minimal, which bucks the trend and actually presents an argument that the town still favors the Red Sox... but the NFL product is more popular (for reasons I've presented) and the Patriots win, therefore the Pats are #1, because: winning = front running amongst the cities own teams.

You previously made the argument that me moving here matters less than you being from here. Now you say otherwise.

I never argued about 1994 being accurate in terms of Pats football getting popular. I presented the fact that 1994 coincided with the NFL's boom in popularity and Parcells making them winners. The NFL boom wasn't enough, based on the data I provided, because the shift started in the 60's. It took Parcells and winning. Parcells brought the Patriots their first wave of band wagon fans. Brady and Bill brought the second wave.

The opinions you've presented and arguments you've made, have proven that this is in-fact a "front runner" town. You said it wasn't. That's the whole point...  you were wrong.

You brought all this in here and the one reference to New England Patriots doesn't even say much, we aren't arguing the popularity of football nationally, i never said or never ignored the popularity raising everywhere but your argument is the popularity of the team is solely based on the popularity raising as a whole and you are wrong, and i gave you events that happened based on the love for the team.

case in point, their games went from being blacked out prior to 94 to all their games being televised from 94 to now. I mean as popluar as football is, wasn't buc games still being blacked out? Wasn't a jet game last season in danger of being blacked out, it was only recently the NFL said no more games will be blacked out from their fans

You could keep your view of what New England fans are, I said my point. 

Again, winning = popularity. 

Simple formula, that is front-running. 

The fact that the Patriots overtook the Sox as  most popular team in town, doesn't make it a football town. It just means the Pats are winning, and NFL football is the most popular sport in America by a disgusting ratio. 

You haven't proven anything other than that you don't understand data, the true history of sports in Boston, or concept of cause and effect.

They don't even know what gauge they used, and each brings different results.

Sorry the evidence is lame and not what you were hoping for. Feel free to continue to pretend that it is.

Did you read the appendices to the Wells report? The differences between gauges were taken into account, and the conclusion is still more air was out of the Pats' balls than can be ascribed to natural causes.

@integrity

As i said before, I'm going to let you think as you will. I honestly  didnt fully read the last two post from you. You are going to of course think i'm wrong, so i'm just not gonna spend anymore time going back and forth with you. I know what i said was accurate and documented.

and the where i live comment, is basically a reply to you feeling you know more because you moved here as oppose to me living here. As i said, i know what i'm saying is pretty accurate and documented. I'm not worried about winning a debate with you. 

Moved to Boston in 1986 and respectfully, I disagree.  Red Sox sold out virtually every game, whether they were good or bad.  Huge passion for Celts and Bruins.  In 1986, they made it to the Superbow with Eason and lost.  In 1987, they drew less than 12,000 fans for a division game against the Bills.  We can agree to disagree.

You are going with a replacement game to make a point?  Really.

The Patriots popularity has of course grown since Kraft bought the team and Par$ells and Bledsoe came to town.  It is likely grown step-instep with the NFL's continued growth.

Will it take a dip after Brady?  Of course, but the core fanatic will continue to follow the team.   Anyone born since the mid-80s has known the NFL as the dominant sport.  My family followed all the Boston teams, but only one sport got us in front of the TV consistently, that is football. 

After reading all these threads about DeflateGate I am left wondering, how do the other teams get the ball pressure correct.  :confused0082: :confused0082:

Even those hillbilly Colts had the psi in the correct range.

Why do you think Manning wanted to play for the Broncos?

Do you know the impact of elevation and how it correlates to PSI?

a formula for all fans every where in every sport. No? Still teams do have their loyal fans that were loyal from the begin. 

I never challenged the notion that every team has loyalists from the beginning. To imply such a thing is stupid, and literally the worst pivot you could have made to save face in this conversation.

And, yes, when a team seems an exponential boost in favor after becoming a sudden winner, it means that there is a huge portion of the fanbase that is front running.

I never challenged the notion that every team has loyalists from the beginning. To imply such a thing is stupid, and literally the worst pivot you could have made to save face in this conversation.

And, yes, when a team seems an exponential boost in favor after becoming a sudden winner, it means that there is a huge portion of the fanbase that is front running.

It's been EXTREMELY quiet this basketball season down here in S Florida since Lebron left.  It may take a bit longer to happen ( nothing quite like a Miami fair weather fan switcharoo) but it will be a similar exodus from Pats fanhood when the cheater Tom Brady is gone.

I'm looking forward to a season suspension and a diminished old man who returns to a stiffened emphasis on the rules which will expose him and  send all the Front running Pats fans to Seattle. 

It's been EXTREMELY quiet this basketball season down here in S Florida since Lebron left.  It may take a bit longer to happen ( nothing quite like a Miami fair weather fan switcharoo) but it will be a similar exodus from Pats fanhood when the cheater Tom Brady is gone.

I'm looking forward to a season suspension and a diminished old man who returns to a stiffened emphasis on the rules which will expose him and  send all the Front running Pats fans to Seattle. 

I expect that they'll go back to being Cowboys fans, tbh.

I implied that? Really, that's what you got out of that, actually I should expect you to, but you're assuming...

all i did was make a statement. In a sense yes the debate was about pats fans only, but i never implied that you were saying anything of that nature. Stop assuming....

Also...there is nothing to save face for me, I already told you I expect you to act like i'm wrong given where I am, also I already told you i'm not sitting here trying to win any debate with you...

I implied that? Really, that's what you got out of that, actually I should expect you to, but you're assuming...

all i did was make a statement. In a sense yes the debate was about pats fans only, but i never implied that you were saying anything of that nature. Stop assuming....

Also...there is nothing to save face for me, I already told you I expect you to act like i'm wrong given where I am, also I already told you i'm not sitting here trying to win any debate with you...

Just when I think I've read the dumbest ******* sh*t ever written, and I'll never read anything dumber... 

You are going with a replacement game to make a point?  Really.

The Patriots popularity has of course grown since Kraft bought the team and Par$ells and Bledsoe came to town.  It is likely grown step-instep with the NFL's continued growth.

Will it take a dip after Brady?  Of course, but the core fanatic will continue to follow the team.   Anyone born since the mid-80s has known the NFL as the dominant sport.  My family followed all the Boston teams, but only one sport got us in front of the TV consistently, that is football. 

Forgot that '87 was the strike year.  Good catch.  But both after and before the strike you won't see a lot of sell-outs at Gillette until much more recently when they started selling out every game.

The timing of this whole thing could not be better.  With many questionable calls in the playoffs last season, the references to games being 

fixed was out there.  So here we have the integrity of the game being questioned again.  Not good!  Just having the word cheating

in the same sentence as the NFL, you don't want to see.  I'm thinking 8 games for Tammy, 1 year for Bellacheat, and 1st  round

pick 2016, plus $500,000 fine.

In the belly of the beast yo^

The timing of this whole thing could not be better.  With many questionable calls in the playoffs last season, the references to games being 

fixed was out there.  So here we have the integrity of the game being questioned again.  Not good!  Just having the word cheating

in the same sentence as the NFL, you don't want to see.  I'm thinking 8 games for Tammy, 1 year for Bellacheat, and 1st  round

pick 2016, plus $500,000 fine.

What is even more INSANE is that Brady's father and Agent said that the league was fixed!!

First it was his father saying the league engaged in a type of "sting operation" to entrap Brady and then Brady's agent saying that the league was fixing the process to stop him from winning!!!

Yea the league is trying to stop the Pats from winning by putting a halting to their CHEATING!!!!!! 

It is the height of hubris!!!

If the league doesnt punish these clowns for these statements alone, they had better tread very carefully the next time they punish anyone!!

Forgot that '87 was the strike year.  Good catch.  But both after and before the strike you won't see a lot of sell-outs at Gillette until much more recently when they started selling out every game.

No doubt.

All I am saying is as football has gotten more popular than it was in the 60s-80s, as it has taken root in tyhe country as a whole, it has also grown in New England.  When I was in HS in NH, we had like 30 football teams.  Now, they have 50-60.

All I am saying is people around 30 only know good Patriots football. 

No doubt.

All I am saying is as football has gotten more popular than it was in the 60s-80s, as it has taken root in tyhe country as a whole, it has also grown in New England. When I was in HS in NH, we had like 30 football teams. Now, they have 50-60.

All I am saying is people around 30 only know good Patriots football.

You have two all I am sayings in there, which one is it lol.

About the 30 year olds only knowing good Patriots football, check back with them again in five years. :)

You have two all I am sayings in there, which one is it lol.

About the 30 year olds only knowing good Patriots football, check back with them again in five years. :)

Doh!  A little overkill?

Jimmy G got next.  :)

Archived