Tom Brady and the Hall of Fame

Maxman

I know we have a few threads on deflategate, but what I want to talk about here is Tom Brady and the hall of fame. A lot of people are saying that this means he certainly won't get in on his first year of eligibility? How long would he have to wait? How much will this cheating tarnish his records and legacy?

Does spygate factor in to this at all?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my 2 cents is if he is suspended for 3 games or less and gives a jimmy swaggart like apology, everybody will forget about it and vote him in because they don't want to face the reality of what it would mean if they have been cheating since 2000

if he gets 8 games or more and denies it to his dying day, I don't see how you vote him in but not guys like a-rod

my 2 cents is if he is suspended for 3 games or less and gives a jimmy swaggart like apology, everybody will forget about it and vote him in because they don't want to face the reality of what it would mean if they have been cheating since 2000

if he gets 8 games or more and denies it to his dying day, I don't see how you vote him in but not guys like a-rod

How can he apologize now? The time has passed for that. He seems to be all in on this.

I know we have a few threads on deflategate, but what I want to talk about here is Tom Brady and the hall of fame. A lot of people are saying that this means he certainly won't get in on his first year of eligibility? How long would he have to wait? How much will this cheating tarnish his records and legacy?

Why is there 8 threads about Brady/Patriots on the front page of a Jets message board?

To answer your question, Brady is a lock for 1st ballot HOF.

Tough question to answer without seeing Brady's full body of work.  If he leads the Pats to another SB title or two, then he is a first ballot lock.  If he suddenly turns into Billy Joe Hobert, then it's a different story. 

Why is there 8 threads about Brady/Patriots on the front page of a Jets message board?

8 threads about the Pats? There are 10 right now. You are as good at math as Bill Belichick is at science.

And thanks for the 1st ballot prediction. PatsfanJINX.  :)

Tough question to answer without seeing Brady's full body of work.  If he leads the Pats to another SB title or two, then he is a first ballot lock.  If he suddenly turns into Billy Joe Hobert, then it's a different story. 

Good point. But he is 37 and his numbers this year will be down because he is going to miss half the year with the suspension lol.

His entire body of work is suspect. I don't see any reason he should be allowed in. It's exactly like you wouldn't let someone like Jack Nicklaus into the PGA HOF if he used non-conforming, illegal golfballs during his career.

His entire body of work is suspect. I don't see any reason he should be allowed in. It's exactly like you wouldn't let someone like Jack Nicklaus into the PGA HOF if he used non-conforming, illegal golfballs during his career.

A 4 time SB winner is a LOCK.... But can they put an asterisk on his name? BRADY*

Brady is a hands-down 1st ballot HOFer. That is a fact despite how much it may irritate you as a Jets fan. The deflating ball scandal is being overanalyzed and wasn't material (IMO) in the outcome of the games. All this argumentation is just self aggravation.

Brady is a hands-down 1st ballot HOFer. That is a fact despite how much it may irritate you as a Jets fan. The deflating ball scandal is being overanalyzed and wasn't material (IMO) in the outcome of the games. All this argumentation is just self aggravation.

Note to self, never again lump all Jets fans together.

Knowing the defense ahead of time, and using deflated balls is not my idea of a hall of famer.

I'm pretty sure that nobody on the HOF selection committee believes in the Spygate Tecmo Bowl theory though.  If you don't want him in the Hall on the first ballot, you have to hope that there will be a wave of outrage about deflate gate among the journalists on the committee. 

Not anymore. Ask the greatest baseball player ever how cheating worked for him.

I'm pretty sure that nobody on the HOF selection committee believes in the Spygate Tecmo Bowl theory though. If you don't want him in the Hall on the first ballot, you have to hope that there will be a wave of outrage about deflate gate among the journalists on the committee.

I agree. History does have a funny way of rewriting itself. The HOF is kind of a joke anyway. Real fans don't need the HOF to tell us how great a player or coach was.

Despite the NFL promoting him as one of the Golden Boys, Brady* and the Patriots* are hated everywhere in the country outside of New England. He's definitely not a lock for the HOF.

If the HOF vote was done via an ESPN.com SportsNation poll, you would probably be right. 

I'm pretty sure that nobody on the HOF selection committee believes in the Spygate Tecmo Bowl theory though.

I was totally unaware that every single person on the HOF selection committee lives in new England. he is definitely a lock first ballot then

I was totally unaware that every single person on the HOF selection committee lives in new England. he is definitely a lock first ballot then

I was totally unaware that New Jersey (Peter King), Washington (Mike Sando), Georgia (Len Pasquarelli), etc. are all in New England.  Thanks for the geography lesson. 

Why is there a Pats* on a Jets forum? Oh, maybe cuz they're one of the biggest rivals?

The truth is that I am not sure how much all this effects Brady's HOF status but I can tell you right now Brady being considered as the GOAT is over!!  I mean it is over.. No way in world can you put Brady over for example Joe Montana or Otto Graham IMO... Or even Roger Staubach or even Terry Bradshaw.. You don't ...

No way I will ever accept this is the ONLY Cheating Brady ever did!!

It is sickening............

Archived