Tom Brady Suspended 4 games, Pats forfeit 2016 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder

AVM

This story gets funnier and Pats fans get more pathetic by the hour....

Now someone has set up a GoFundMe page to raise a million dollars to pay the Pats fine:

http://www.gofundme.com/NewEnglandPatriots

How much you wanna bet that cocksucker Kraft takes their money if they are successful?

The following statement is from a Pats fan who only donated 5 bucks:

The Patriots and Brady were prepared to enter the 2015 season with the contented air of a champion with little to prove. Now they'll be pissed off, as martyrs to the absurdity that is today's hyper-regulated but judicially incompetent, gluttonous NFL and the hyper-active, schadenfreude-infected public. And somehow, after 4 sbs and 3 mvps, they will end up garnering the reluctant sympathy and admiration of an American public that wants so desperately to continue hating them but cant---because it'll only make them hate themselves.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Kraft* would actually have the nerve to take that money when he's actually saving 600K in this whole situation by not having to pay Brady* those first four games. 

Who am I kidding, of course he has the nerve to. 

If he does, though, the NFL should fine him another million.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/05/06/physics-professor-deflategate-report-science-holds/T2HqI3vFVivr9grXOD2VEI/story.html

The 243-page Deflategate report released Wednesday, which included independent analysis by two sources, was a big blow to those holding out hope science would exonerate the Patriots.

But could there be any holes to the analysts’ logic? Not likely, says Boston University professor Martin Schmaltz.

While the ideal gas law states air pressure in a given volume will drop along with temperature — and the balls used in the AFC Championship game likely...-snip-

Actually, science condemned the Pats, As a professional physicist I am happy to say that If anyone cares to debate the technical facts, please go ahead. I am prepared to address any objections. Please, take your best shot.

Actually, science condemned the Pats, As a professional physicist I am happy to say that If anyone cares to debate the technical facts, please go ahead. I am prepared to address any objections. Please, take your best shot.

When did you relinquish your amateur status?

all they can say is it's circumstantial and we don't agree with the conclusion.  if they go all OJ on it and try to establish a chain of custody for the balls and make walt coleman their mark furman they will regret it.  everybody is already just about done with this story.  I don't think he wants the country talking about it for 4 months

ted wells reaction today was very strong.  it was no random comment when he called out Yee for not making ALL of his notes public.

it seems to me like he knows he left some meat on the bone if he needs it on appeal.

I think brady can only look worse if he goes to court

don't forget mcnally and the other guy (lol) were muzzled.  if they testify they could sink his ass ass for good. don't forget mcnally is already on record that brady is the one who  told him to deflate the balls.  he can't go back on that

I hope they subpoena every little thing, expose everything.

all they can say is it's circumstantial and we don't agree with the conclusion.  if they go all OJ on it and try to establish a chain of custody for the balls and make walt coleman their mark furman they will regret it.  everybody is already just about done with this story.  I don't think he wants the country talking about it for 4 months

ted wells reaction today was very strong.  it was no random comment when he called out Yee for not making ALL of his notes public.

it seems to me like he knows he left some meat on the bone if he needs it on appeal.

I think brady can only look worse if he goes to court

don't forget mcnally and the other guy (lol) were muzzled.  if they testify they could sink his ass ass for good. don't forget mcnally is already on record that brady is the one who  told him to deflate the balls.  he can't go back on that

Love this!

The science people who take the stance that the drop in pressure is within the explanation using the Ideal Gas Law I see get at this by adding the outside pressure to the pressure of the balls, this making the percentage drop within 1% or so of the percentage drop in temps. IS that just a trick to get the %s closer?

You can see what I mean in this video,

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/gases-and-kinetic-molecular-theory/ideal-gas-laws/v/deflategate-ideal-gas-law

better-call-saul-04.jpg

According to the following article,  Brady hired Attorney Jeffrey Kessler.  Looks like he's a heavy hitting attorney for NFL legal issues.  This article sites several of the NFL cases that Kessler represented and won.  

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/5/12/8595485/deflategate-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-hires-jeffrey-kessler-league-in-trouble

According to the following article,  Brady hired Attorney Jeffrey Kessler.  Looks like he's a heavy hitting attorney for NFL legal issues.  This article sites several of the NFL cases that Kessler represented and won.  

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/5/12/8595485/deflategate-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-hires-jeffrey-kessler-league-in-trouble

If the Pats fans say so it must be true I guess.

What if Goodell just said he burned the Spygate tapes.

How awesome would that phone call be to Robert Kraft?

Hi Robert...It's Roger...you guys up there in New England are getting mighty feisty & it's time to cut the sh*t.

By the way...remember I said I burned those tapes?...well we really just vaulted them to protect us knowing you might pull more sh*t in the future. You wouldn't want them released to 60 minutes when I retire...would you?

How? It's impossible. If there is enough evidence that would suggest that you HAD to know, ok, fine them. If you close your eyes and don't want to know what's going on, fine. I think that was the case with Sean Payton. You can't have coordinators and coaches putting money up and trying to injure players without knowing anything about it. All that has to be punished. But it's impossible for a headcoach to prevent something like this, what Brady did. It's one player acting out. And you're being hypocritical because if something like this came out after we beat the Pats in the playoffs, if Sanchez did the same with the footballs and helped us win in the playoffs without Rex or anybody else knowing anything about it, you would have liked the NFL to punish the entire team? You would have asked them to steal our 1st round picks? Fine us millions of dollars? Please.

what are you talking about? i would hate the punishment if the roles were reversed and this happened to the jets.  i said it was a very harsh punishment on the Pats org, but i understand the NFL's reasoning.

So if Dee gets popped for PED's it's Bowles' fault? I mean it's his team after all, his responsibility.

this is more than 1 rogue player doing something illegal.  there were multiple patriots employees involved in a systematic scheme of breaking the rules.  I don't believe BB knew it, but after his history i can see the pats being punished as a whole.  should have just been a fine though.

I don't care if they lower it to one quarter of one game. I just want him suspended. So the label -- cheater -- will always stick.

When it is said and done the amount he is suspended is really not going to make a huge difference.  But yes this 100% solidifies the Patriots as a dishonest franchise.  Nothing will wash away that stench.  For this we should all live better lives.  

this is more than 1 rogue player doing something illegal.  there were multiple patriots employees involved in a systematic scheme of breaking the rules.  I don't believe BB knew it, but after his history i can see the pats being punished as a whole.  should have just been a fine though.

You don't believe that the most detail-oriented, meticulous genius HC in the history of the league had any knowledge of what was happening with the team's footballs?

Really?

I'd be very surprised if Belichick didn't know what was going on while it was going on, but there's no doubt at all that he -and the entire organization from Kraft on down- played a role in the attempted coverup. And the continued misinformation campaign attempting to throw enough doubt at the Wells report that people start to question it.

When it is said and done the amount he is suspended is really not going to make a huge difference.  But yes this 100% solidifies the Patriots as a dishonest franchise.  Nothing will wash away that stench.  For this we should all live better lives.  

So you are saying the Patriots define your life?  :animal0029:

I'd be very surprised if Belichick didn't know what was going on while it was going on, but there's no doubt at all that he -and the entire organization from Kraft on down- played a role in the attempted coverup. And the continued misinformation campaign attempting to throw enough doubt at the Wells report that people start to question it.

Why?

It looks like the Pats win in this big fiasco still. Brady would have been paid 1,800,000 for four games and the fine is for only 1,000,000. Guess what, they now save $800,000. This is the Pats, they probably will be 2-2 or 3-1 for those four games, nothing bad with that. In addition the draft picks aren't as bad for them, because a lot of their picks they do better with later round guys they pick anyway.

With that said:

If Geno has made the turn that he started to show at the end of last season the Jets could be a 10 win team now. Hope for Geno, hope for the least amount of team injuries, and hope Bowles can be a head coach.

Remember that's, head coach.

Why?

Because I can't imagine anyone in that organization, including the star QB, doing anything without running it past Belichick first. And for his part, Belichick never met a potential competitive advantage -legal, illegal, or gray area- that he didn't want to take advantage of.

I'm literally shocked that they didn't even attempt to get Belichick's phone. Brady's protecting someone by not turning over his, my guess is that person is Belichick.

Because I can't imagine anyone in that organization, including the star QB, doing anything without running it past Belichick first. And for his part, Belichick never met a potential competitive advantage -legal, illegal, or gray area- that he didn't want to take advantage of.

I'm literally shocked that they didn't even attempt to get Belichick's phone. Brady's protecting someone by not turning over his, my guess is that person is Belichick.

Did you see the NFL's Belichick an NFL Life shows?  He cannot program the time in his SUV.  Do you think he can use a cell phone?  Plus, that would leave a data trail.  :)

While I do not disagree with your point on Belichick seeking an advantage, the ball is Tom's domain. 

As he has said many time over the years, he does things to the ball in order to make practice harder and the team better.

You don't believe that the most detail-oriented, meticulous genius HC in the history of the league had any knowledge of what was happening with the team's footballs?

Really?

i doubt he knew everything.  do you think he knows the type of shoulder pads his middle linebacker prefers to wear? 

i think it was just between the player and the equipment guy.  brady tells him, i like the balls extra soft.  do whatever you need to do to make it happen. 

While I do not disagree with your point on Belichick seeking an advantage, the ball is Tom's domain. 

As he has said many time over the years, he does things to the ball in order to make practice harder and the team better.

It was definitely a Brady-led operation with blessings from Belichick.  Kraft definitely knows of the general sketchiness of the Patriot operation but perhaps not the day-to-day stuff that goes on.  All three are complicit.  Belichick's radio silence on the matter (after he couldn't shut up about the science behind PSI when the story first broke) and Kraft's over-defensive response to everything going on are evidence enough that this is true.  They're a disingenuous organization from top to bottom.

The damming thing about all this - this was not a one time thing it was done multiple times who knows how many.

Possibly done most of the season and even in prior years.  ie the fumble stat.  It puts the records and achievements in multiple years in question.

Really?

Genius? You think he'd risk crushing his legacy, crushing their franchise, losing his job/career...for what? Softer footballs? After all the sh*t the Pats/Bill have went through in terms of cheating? Please. Give the man a little more credit. He's smarter than that.

Genius? You think he'd risk crushing his legacy, crushing their franchise, losing his job/career...for what? Softer footballs? After all the sh*t the Pats/Bill have went through in terms of cheating? Please. Give the man a little more credit. He's smarter than that.

He's smart enough to realize he can win championships by gaining a competitive edge while facing relatively small penalties.  In the end it doesn't matter to him that he lost a 1st rounder.  He's still got 4 titles and he isn't losing his job anytime soon.  They've been getting away with stuff for 15 years and have only been penalized twice.  The cost/benefit analysis has told him to keep cheating in any way possible, no matter how small each individual act seems to be in impacting winning games.

Archived