Tom Brady Suspended 4 games, Pats forfeit 2016 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder

AVM

Jeanie-you mean you didn't realize that the guy in the picture saying "Just 4 games" was Pete Rose, who received a lifetime suspension from major league baseball?

:character42:

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeanie-you mean you didn't realize that the guy in the picture saying "Just 4 games" was Pete Rose, who received a lifetime suspension from major league baseball?

I do now.  I am embarassed to say that I didn't recognized him when I saw the picture.  How bad am I?  

How emabarassed am I?  I didn't realize it was him until you pointed it out.  I cut and pasted a lot of jokes about the Brady saga and there were just a couple I wanted to post here and did so without thinking.  

I do now.  I am embarassed to say that I didn't recognized him when I saw the picture.  How bad am I?  

Not too bad, actually.  The joke still works as just an average guy being amazed it was only four games.  The fact that it was  Pete Rose who got a lifetime  suspension, (with much public debate about it), just adds a little extra to it.

Not too bad, actually.  The joke still works as just an average guy being amazed it was only four games.  The fact that it was  Pete Rose who got a lifetime  suspension, (with much public debate about it), just adds a little extra to it.

Thank you for being so kind about my "dumb" oversight :)  I wonder if Pete Rose  was ever able to get his gambling addiction under control.  Actually, when I saw the picture,  I was more amused over the facial expression than the words.  However,  once I made the connection,  it is even funnier.  

I was about to post the same thing.  What a crock.  The NFL needs some balls (inflated not deflated) and hold their ground.  This is more insulting than Goodell destroying the Spygate Super Bowl tapes.

I was about to post the same thing.  What a crock.  The NFL needs some balls (inflated not deflated) and hold their ground.  This is more insulting than Goodell destroying the Spygate Super Bowl tapes.

If I was goodell my offer to krafty would be;

apologize to the NFL fans for cheating since you got the team and I'll let you keep that 2017 4th round pick

If they reduce the penalty when the Pats have cheated yet again then they any player in the league who is being penalized should literally ignore the league and or sue.

If I was goodell my offer to krafty would be;

apologize to the NFL fans for cheating since you got the team and I'll let you keep that 2017 4th round pick

Kraft would never take that deal, as he appears convinced that the Patriots did nothing wrong other than sideline videotaping. 

Realistically, I'm guessing something like: (i) 50% reductions on the fine and the Brady suspension (not sure Brady would be ok with that, though he should be); (ii) a reduction of the draft penalties, small enough to continue to piss off Patriots fans and large enough to piss off everyone else (say, a 3rd rounder in each of 2016 and 2017); and (iii) a pair of vague, agreed, public statements by the league and the team that allow both sides to save a modicum of face would get it done quickly. 

Kraft would never take that deal, as he appears convinced that the Patriots did nothing wrong other than sideline videotaping. 

Realistically, I'm guessing something like: (i) 50% reductions on the fine and the Brady suspension (not sure Brady would be ok with that, though he should be); (ii) a reduction of the draft penalties, small enough to continue to piss off Patriots fans and large enough to piss off everyone else (say, a 3rd rounder in each of 2016 and 2017); and (iii) a pair of vague, agreed, public statements by the league and the team that allow both sides to save a modicum of face would get it done quickly. 

a complete win for the pats. this would be their only play, and in their eyes, a best case scenario. is goodell really that soft?

a complete win for the pats. this would be their only play, and in their eyes, a best case scenario. is goodell really that soft?

Let's hope not. Brady abd Belichick both should have been suspended for a year in the first place. Surely the league realizes there is zero chance the Pats would bring this to court.

At the beginning,  I said that the suspension and penalties were nothing more than for Goodell to try and save face.  I don"t believe there ever was  a rift between  Kraft and Goodell.  Again,  it's all for show.  Initially,  I didn't think  there would be any reduction in the suspension.  However,  now I think there's a good possibility.  I think if Brady gets to walk home free,  the NFL fan base will be standing on their heads.

Brady Lied in Pre Super Bowl presser, he then lied in Costa interview, followed by Uncooperative behavior in investigation. He has never came out and said I am innocent.He had plenty of chances to come clean and is hiding behind Krafy's arse.

SB the fraud for a year

There better not be a backroom deal to reduce the penalty on the Pats-Goodell you would lose all credibility

Not that Goodell ever had any credibility, but this does appear to be what's happening.  Heck, Kraft will probably get that apology that he was seeking at the Super Bowl at the rate this is going.

Goodell should be absolutely ashamed of himself.  At the very least, hopefully these backroom meetings will be the catalyst to get the other 31 owners to fire this fraud.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12910531/new-england-patriots-nfl-working-resolution-issues-deflategate-penalties

The NFL and the New England Patriots are engaged in "back-channel conversations" to see if the two sides can resolve their differences without an appeal or possible litigation following the league's Deflategate punishment, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Patriots are weighing their next move in terms of reacting to the discipline meted out by the NFL and have until before Friday to file an appeal of their penalties, which consist of the loss of two draft picks -- including a first-rounder -- and a $1 million fine.

If Robert Kraft and commissioner Roger Goodell are truly committed to putting the Deflategate standoff behind them, the next 24-36 hours are critical.

The team's penalties were for, among other issues, what the NFL said was a lack of cooperation with the investigation.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell are expected to attend the spring owners' meetings, which start Tuesday in San Francisco.

Kraft, when asked by The MMQB whether he would violate NFL bylaws by going to court to try to get the league penalties overturned, declined to comment, saying, "I'm not going to comment on that at this point in time. I'm going to leave it. I won't say."

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was suspended for four games for his likely knowledge of the use of underinflated footballs in the AFC title game against the Indianapolis Colts. Brady has officially appealed his suspension to the league.

In addition, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Tuesday that the league asked the Patriots to suspend officials locker room attendant Jim McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski prior to the team being disciplined by the NFL. The Patriots obliged with the request to suspend the two employees.

Of course the pats are doing this.  Anyone with a brain cell knew they would not go the litigation route or the appeal route because that opens up a whole lot more open investigation.  Why the NFL is even talking to the pats is 100% totally beyond me.

Also 'suspending' the two employees is another HUGE win for the Pats.  Suspended, probably with pay and they will shut their mouths like clams.  These guys will probably be on the pats payroll for years but be 'suspended'.

Of course the pats are doing this.  Anyone with a brain cell knew they would not go the litigation route or the appeal route because that opens up a whole lot more open investigation.  Why the NFL is even talking to the pats is 100% totally beyond me.

Also 'suspending' the two employees is another HUGE win for the Pats.  Suspended, probably with pay and they will shut their mouths like clams.  These guys will probably be on the pats payroll for years but be 'suspended'.

They have been shutting their mouths the entire time. It's absolutely hilarious how the NFL/TV Stations etc. need NE's permission to interview those 2 sh*theads for doing something illegal, breaking NFL rules. Who came up with that brilliant idea?

@SportsCenter: NFL & Patriots are attempting to resolve their differences without appeal through "back-channel conversations." (via @AdamSchefter)

What is this? Nixon negotiating with China?

What's with the cloak and dagger nonsense?

This is football, not national security. 

What a crock of crap. So in the end, it looks like the suspensions and reports and all the rhetoric will just be another dog and pony show before a feeble slap on the wrist for the cheaters.

Having said that, as long as the NFL makes sure that this can never happen again there is a small grain of positive action that will come out of this.

Total BS to capitulate to Kraft yet again.

@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft already have met, spoke and even hugged, per an industry source who witnessed it.

"After which, both men showered separately in adjoining shower facilities, generously provided/hosted by Glamour Magazine".

What is this? Nixon negotiating with China?

What's with the cloak and dagger nonsense?

This is football, not national security.

Security of the shield brah, gotta protect the shield, and profits.

Roger Goodell and Patriots owner Robert Kraft already have met, spoke and even hugged, per an industry source who witnessed it.

Their love-affair notwithstanding, this thing has to end with at least a 2 game suspension for Brady (3 would be better) and the Pats losing the 2016 first round pick. Otherwise, Goodell does immeasurable damage to his credibility.

I thought this was a joke! This is actually being reported as news!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/19/report-goodell-kraft-have-spoken-hugged-recently/

:rl:

This story never stops giving!

Archived