Tom Brady Suspended 4 games, Pats forfeit 2016 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder

AVM

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:

“The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every qu...estion presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, today’s decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field don’t count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.”

WHAT AN OBNOXIOUS DOUCHEBAG!!!

“The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every qu...estion presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, today’s decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field don’t count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.”

What bothers me over this whole thing is that the Wells Commission stated that the Texting over "Deflated Balls" began in a text between Jastremski and McNally in week 7 of the 2014 season.

Quote NFL Media:

"While we cannot be certain when the activity began, the evidence suggests that January 18th was not the first and only occasion when this occurred, particularly in light of the evidence referring to deflation of footballs going back to before the beginning of the 2014 season."

I find it strange that Yee makes his statement based on the playoff game & yet does not attempt to qualify the regular season statements based on their testimony & Brady's refusal to confirm or deny it.

If anyone is attempting to spin this into a media event, it's Don Yee...

Brady needs a new agent.  

No way there is no suspension - I just worry that it will get reduced. The ratings will be sky high because of this for any of their games

I don't worry, and if so be it. The only thing that can be appealed is the 4 game suspension, the rest is not from what I heard on local Boston radio on the way home. And on what basis are they going to appeal? You can't appeal beacuse you feel the penalty is too harsh, there needs to be a part of the process that they feel was unjust. Like a couple others have mentioned, the fact that he was not compliant really hurts his chances of a lesser penalty.

What bothers me over this whole thing is that the Wells Commission stated that the Texting over "Deflated Balls" began in a text between Jastremski and McNally in week 7 of the 2014 season.

I find it strange that Yee makes his statement based on the playoff game & yet does not attempt to qualify the regular season statements based on their testimony & Brady's refusal to confirm or deny it.

If anyone is attempting to spin this into a media event, it's Don Yee...

Who the hell is Don YaYo?

I honestly didnt think anything would happen. 

Now that it did, I dont think its enough.  He should have never been allowed to play in the Super Bowl.  That's the biggest travesty in this whole situation.  The guy ******* cheated, in the AFC Championship game and they allowed him to play in the Super Bowl.

I think he should have gotten more.

The best part though, is the entire organization is just a fraud now.  The way they responded, the way they've handled. Scum. Bags.  

Tom Brady is lying, cheating, piece of sh*t. 

I honestly didnt think anything would happen. 

Now that it did, I dont think its enough.  He should have never been allowed to play in the Super Bowl.  That's the biggest travesty in this whole situation.  The guy ******* cheated, in the AFC Championship game and they allowed him to play in the Super Bowl.

I think he should have gotten more.

The best part though, is the entire organization is just a fraud now.  The way they responded, the way they've handled. Scum. Bags.  

Tom Brady is lying, cheating, piece of sh*t. 

Good to see you came around Sam.

Tom Brady cost that equipment manager his career. He will never be hired in the NFL again.

People....keep sympathizing with Brady. The guy making $20 million/year who pressured a guy making 50K/year tops to cheat and then let him take the fall when they got caught.

Anyone know how much it would cost to hire a plane to fly a "CHEATERS" banner over Foxboro when the pats**** raise the Super Bowl banner on the Thursday vs the Steelers?

I think it's pretty affordable, maybe $500 or so.  Make sure you have someone in the stadium to confirm whether the Minutemen have muskets that day or PZR Groms. 

Absolutely correct.

If this had happened to any other team, the punishments would have been infinitely more severe.  We already got a taste of that with the Saints penalties, as Payton's "ignorance" was enough to cost him an entire season whereas Belicheat's "ignorance" doesn't even get him a stern word spoken in his direction.  It's absolutely shameful, yet expected from this "commissioner".  

Didn't the Browns GM get 4 games for a text message during the game? This is horse sh*t!

Brady's legacy definitely takes a huge hit.

To me Goodell's "legacy" takes a hit too (as if he had one).  Initially giving Ray Rice 2 games for assaulting his preggerz girlfriend while giving twice that to Brady.  Plus Josh Gordon initially got a season (4x more games than Brady) for smoking pot. 

Goodell is a TOTAL AND COMPLETE embarrassment to the league.

If he tried to appeal this will the NFL be given access to Bradys cell phone? If they would I imagine he just takes this one on the chin and sits his games out, could be worse for him if they got their hands on his phone.

What if he destroys his phone?

In my opinion, the NFL didn't go far enough for if they've concluded that Brady/Patriots cheated, then they should have stripped them of their SuperBowl victory. 

In Italy, Juventus football club got stripped of their 2005 and 2006 titles after being found guilty of rigging games by selecting favourable referees. The NFL should have had the "balls" to punish them once and for all.

But that's wishful thinking on my part. At the very least, it brings me much satisfaction to see that franchise exposed as the frauds that they really are.

I hope you enjoy the greatest day in Jets history, much bigger than Super Bowl III.

What are the Jets doing to get out of the AFCE basement with a 4-12 record?

Win something before you gloat like a bunch of little girls.

Pats got away lucky here. Only a 4 game suspension? No penalty for the king of micromanagent, Bill "Cheating is my passion" Belicheat? Why would any Jets fan be happy? Pats got off easy.

“Your actions as set forth in the report clearly constitute conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football. 

Perfect description of Tom "The Patriot Way" Brady.

Cheaters, with Tainted Titles.  Barry Bonds of the NFL.

Guys, stop being sore winners..The Pats got smacked today. Are you crazy. 4 games and 1st rd pick! Thank You NFL for once laying the boom on this Empire. Stop whining about the number of games. Be frikking grateful. This is a great day.

I hope you enjoy the greatest day in Jets history, much bigger than Super Bowl III.

What are the Jets doing to get out of the AFCE basement with a 4-12 record?

Win something before you gloat like a bunch of little girls.

And congrats to you on your cheating team and their tainted titles.  Try winning a non-tainted title before boasting here.  We at least won SB III. 

Archived