The Brady appeal

Dcat

No it is not COMMON PLACE

The fact is every QB questioned said they never even thought of doing such a thing!!!

When Manning deflated a football to test it he said WOW WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!

Please listen to what former NFL QB and Pats Ball Boy Hasselbeck said about this:

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2758419/ESPNs-Hasselbeck-weighs-in-on-Deflategate-report-fair-discipline

No not everyone does it.......

We'll disagree on this one, CB.  Brad Johnson, Joe Montana, and a bunch of others have said that it's done.

Here's Johnson speaking about Super Bowl XXXVII:

"I paid some guys off to get the balls right," Johnson now admits. "I went and got all 100 footballs, and they took care of all of them."

How much did it cost Johnson? "Seventy-five hundred (dollars)," he said.

"They took care of them."

Johnson made the revelation several years ago, prior to the 10-year reunion of the Bucs' Super Bowl champion team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/159588/brad-johnson-and-altering-footballs

Here's Matt Leinart:

Every team tampers with the footballs,” Matt Leinart said on Twitter.  “Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!”

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Blake has said the exact opposite, FWIW. 

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," Blake said. "'Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard. Everybody puts the pin in and lets just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat.  So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12244290/ex-quarterback-jeff-blake-deflating-footballs-common

I disagree..

Blake saying that QBs would take "a little air out" of the Ball on the sideline is quite different than saying that a QB dilberately took air out of the football in secret below what the NFL deemed acceptable.

In fact no one has ever denied that QBs dont doctor the ball to make them easier to grip. NO ONE!

Hasselbeck in fact said EXACTLY the same thing as Blake. 

However what Hasselbeck said is that he never heard of a QB reducing the footballl to this degree and in this surrepetitious manner, EVER.

And Hasselbeck is not "Anti" NE he worked as a ball boy for the Pats and knows what happens because he worked with them with these equipment guys!. Also his father was a TE for the Pats and Hasselbeck is also someone who is on record as saying that Brady is one of  the greatest QBs of ALL TIME, so I would hardly call Hasselbeck out as someone is hostile to the Pats or Brady. 

He is just telling you the TRUTH that BRADY CHEATED!!!!

Don't forget that it was Brady himself who helped to create the current NFL standard for footballs.  The other QB was Manning and said he was shocked when he actualy used the deflated weighted balls.  And AJ Fealey is now on RECORD saying he saw the Pats and Brady tampering with the footballs back in 2004.  http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-05-13/aj-feeley-tom-brady-deflategate-tampering-footballs-patriots-suspension-fine

So to take Blakes comments out of context like the author did in the article you cited is totally disingenuous. Blake was referencoing scuff and softening the football not doctoring it where it effects competitive integrity!

It is a Disgrace.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," Blake said. "'Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard. Everybody puts the pin in and lets just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat.  So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12244290/ex-quarterback-jeff-blake-deflating-footballs-common

Sounds like you're working your way through the Five Stages of Loss...

Past stages ...

1) Denial - seems you have past that phase in two days  (as there is inconvertible proof of cheating)

2) Anger - seems like that one has past too - realizing he was caught and you really can't be angry at the NFL for assigning blame

Current stage ...

3) Bargaining - This is stage at which you are currently - Yes he did it, but everyone else is doing it too, so it really isn't a bad thing.

Coming soon...

4) Depression - you'll realize he was wrong - and will disappear from this site for a few days as you get through your depressing of accepting your hero is a liar and cheat.

5) Acceptance - Well, that speaks for itself...

Sounds like you're working your way through the Five Stages of Loss...

Past stages ...

1) Denial - seems you have past that phase in two days  (as there is inconvertible proof of cheating)

2) Anger - seems like that one has past too - realizing he was caught and you really can't be angry at the NFL for assigning blame

Current stage ...

3) Bargaining - This is stage at which you are currently - Yes he did it, but everyone else is doing it too, so it really isn't a bad thing.

Coming soon...

4) Depression - you'll realize he was wrong - and will disappear from this site for a few days as you get through your depressing of accepting your hero is a liar and cheat.

5) Acceptance - Well, that speaks for itself...

As Judge Reinhold told his guidance counselor in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, you don't know me at all.   "My hero", LOL. 

The big deal is that "everybody" does not swipe the balls out of the refs' locker room after approval and then deflate them.

The big deal is that "everybody" does not swipe the balls out of the refs' locker room after approval and then deflate them.

Here is what Blake said about the timing.  It sounds like he is talking about deflating the balls on the sideline after the refs have approved them. 

http://espn.go.com/n...ootballs-common

Asked to be specific about the timing of deflation, Blake said it regularly happened as soon as quarterbacks got the balls before the game.

"As soon as they give them the balls," Blake said. "On the sideline before the game. The quarterbacks would come out to warm up in pregame ... I would just say, 'Take a little bit out, it's a little bit hard.' And then they'd take a little bit out and I'd squeeze them and say 'That's perfect.' That's it."

You know I was listening to the podcast last night and I think it was Glenn who made a really good point.  He mentioned the response by Wells and how was almost indignant in his press conference defending his report and the resulting penalties; challenging the lies put out by Brady's lawyer.  Glenn then compared that response to Tom Brady basically hiding behind first his father and then his lawyer.  That was such a Bitch ass move if ever I saw one and it really illustrated the point.  

If you believe you are right or have been wronged, you don't need hide behind other people; you would come right out and refute the charges and defend yourself.  Yet Brady hasn't done that; in fact we YET to hear directly from him at all since the suspension and penalties were announced. (I don't count those softball questions he was given when he was at that university the other night).  The silence is truly deafening.... 

We'll disagree on this one, CB.  Brad Johnson, Joe Montana, and a bunch of others have said that it's done.

Here's Johnson speaking about Super Bowl XXXVII:

"I paid some guys off to get the balls right," Johnson now admits. "I went and got all 100 footballs, and they took care of all of them."

How much did it cost Johnson? "Seventy-five hundred (dollars)," he said.

"They took care of them."

Johnson made the revelation several years ago, prior to the 10-year reunion of the Bucs' Super Bowl champion team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/159588/brad-johnson-and-altering-footballs

Here's Matt Leinart:

Every team tampers with the footballs,” Matt Leinart said on Twitter.  “Ask any Qb In the league, this is ridiculous!!”

I hear what you are saying but SCUFFING the balls and knocking them up are not what Brady has been found guilty of!!

The scuffing of the balls WAS NOT ILLEGAL!!!!!  Underinflating them below a recogized standards is a VIOLATION!!!  They are not the same.  The former ALL COMPETENT QBS engaged in!!  The later is a considered illegal tampering of the BALL hence the reason why Brady is getting penalized.

The difference is the Pats knew it was wrong hence all the cloak and dagger, and then lied about it. You cant use the defense of "everyone was doing it so we didnt think it was wrong or would be enforced" when you set up an entire network of conspirators and a scheme to do it in such a way that it would remain hidden.

Hernandez was all circumstantial, he will never leave jail.  

And the threshold of proof is way higher in an American Criminal Court.  The NFL is a private entity and can use whatever threshold of proof it wants as long as it complies with whatever is in the CBA.

ap646123112153.jpg

Archived