Jets fans pay for 12 ‘#TomShady’ billboards as Patriots QB Tom Brady suspended four games

32EBoozer

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-fans-create-tomshady-billboard-pats-qb-banned-article-1.2219620?utm_content=buffer2ed1d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=swalder+twitter

Other than a smiley-faced tweet from Woody Johnson’s wife Suzanne Johnson, the Jets have kept noticeably quiet while their rivals squirm in the DeflateGate spotlight.

But that hasn’t stopped their fans from jabbing at the Patriots and their golden boy quarterback, and they have done it using their favorite tool: New Jersey billboards.

Twelve bilboards that refer to the disgraced quarterback as “#TomShady” went up all over Jersey Tuesday morning. The signs also feature the famous “J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!” rallying cry.

Carly Zipp, the communications director for Outfront Media, said her company was approached Monday by a group of “anonymous Jets fans.”

billboardweb13s-1-web.jpgNorman Y. Lono/for New York Daily News A billboard shading Tom Brady is seen along the New Jersey Turnpike.

“Jets fans are very opinionated,” said Zipp, who would not reveal how much the group spent. “Because billboards are something that is seen by everyone, they knew the power of message and they wanted to it get it out.”

Zipp said since it’s an electronic billboard, it was easy to get them up Tuesday morning, and that they will be up the rest of the week.

The 12 billboards can be found throughout the Garden State at these locations: I-95 (NJ Turnpike) near exit 15E in Newark; I-95 (NJ Turnpike) near exit 16 in Newark; I-95 (NJ Turnpike) south of exit 13A in Newark; Lincoln Tunnel Helix at the toll plaza; I-78 in Newark at exit 56; I-78 in Newark at Toll Plaza at Route 1&9; Route 9 in Old Bridge, just north of Route 516; I-80 at Garden State Parkway; Garden State Parkway at Driscoll Bridge Toll Plaza (both sides); SR-72 near Route 9 in Manahawkin; and Route 35 at Shark River Bridge in Avon by the Sea.

tomshady-web.jpg An early Daily News back page.

Last season, Jets fans caught the eyes of just about everyone by posting billboards calling for the team to fire then-GM John Idzik. After the team’s dismal 4-12 season, Idzik was indeed dismissed. However, the group that organized the Idzik billboards said they weren’t behind the latest anti-Patriots billboards.

Monday’s announcement of discipline for Brady and the Patriots came following the release of a report by attorney Ted Wells last week that determined that it was “more probable than not” that Brady was “at least generally aware” of illegal deflation of footballs.  

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever.... I love it!

Jets fans are the best!

And tell me the players don't get a kick out of this. Revis must be loving it!

Exactly. What's not love about this. It's just funny. And yes, of course the Jet players (and probably a many Pats players too) would get a kick out of these billboards.

why not put them up in NE? or LA or wherever Brady lives

Patience!! In time.

Or.... they got a good deal from a Jets fan who owns the billboards!

Let the Raiders pay for their own!

JetsFanRI will take care of the NE signs!

Why not save the money spent on this and, as someone suggested around here yesterday, instead use it to hire a plane to fly over Gilette Stadium* on opening night carrying a banner that reads "CHEATERS" or something to that effect?

oh joy

Jets fans on Patriots quarterback: Just call him 'Tom Shady'
  • Rich Cimini, ESPN New York Jets reporter

If you can't beat 'em, mock 'em.

An anonymous group of New York Jets fans, delighting in Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his role in Deflategate, took a not-so-subtle shot at the Patriots' quarterback by purchasing space on 12 electronic billboards in northern New Jersey.

The big green message reads:

#TomShady

It's accompanied by the famous team cheer:

J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

Because Jet fans don't expect to win anything so they need to get enjoyment out of the failure of their opponents instead of waiting for for the Jets to actually win something.

brady has been shady and everybody always knew. some are just having fun with it since he finally got caught. has nothing to do with a rivalry,imo

Why do some Jet fans take themselves so seriously?

Who cares who paid for the billboards?

It's funny!

All those times Brady pointed his cheating fingers at Jet fans & the Jets bench after spiking the ball.

Tom Brady is a f*ckhead, has always been. From his "I hate the Jets" to his "17 points huh?, that's funny, we'll see"

He's the NFLs Christian Leatner.

Do you know what I hate most about Brady?

That he's so f*cking smug playing in an era of football where your not allowed to touch the damn QB.

If he pulled the smarmy sh*t he pulls 30 years ago someone would have taken his head off.

He literally cries for a flag on EVERY SINGLE INCOMPLETION!

He cries for a flag EVERY TIME HES SACKED!

Now every single Superbowl him & his team have played in has a HUGE asterisk next to it.

The rest of the country despises that flying Elvis logo.

Instantly means cheating scumbags.

Archived