Jets fans pay for 12 ‘#TomShady’ billboards as Patriots QB Tom Brady suspended four games

32EBoozer

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is happy how he spent it, then he didn't throw it away... You can shame him all you want because you don't agree with it but that is silly. I don't understand why some women buy handbags for $3000 but i don't stand at the mall and tell them they are throwing away their money because it isn't my money - so it isn't my business.

No of his point is that his contribution is a main reason idzik was fired then it was a waste of money, he would have seen the same result and had an extra $100 in his pocket.

As far as minding our business, he put it out there on a message board that encourages debate. He asked how anyone could be sure it had no effect. This isn't anywhere near the same as watching someone spend their money a mall on something that gives them satisfaction.

No of his point is that his contribution is a main reason idzik was fired then it was a waste of money, he would have seen the same result and had an extra $100 in his pocket.

As far as minding our business, he put it out there on a message board that encourages debate. He asked how anyone could be sure it had no effect. This isn't anywhere near the same as watching someone spend their money a mall on something that gives them satisfaction.

You are aware that you saying it had no effect is the exact same as him saying it was the reason he was fired, right? Neither of you can prove your side of the argument. Things aren't always so black & white. To think that Woody heard his customers and it factored in to his decision in whatever small way is not ridiculous...it is certainly a less ridiculous argument than trying to say it had zero impact - or that it was the main reason he was fired.

One side note.  My father asked me if I heard about the billboards down here in DC.  He said "They said hashtag Brady something"  That is the first time I have heard him use the term "hashtag"  Before this hit the news he would have been saying "They said number symbol Brady something"

If he is happy how he spent it, then he didn't throw it away... You can shame him all you want because you don't agree with it but that is silly. I don't understand why some women buy handbags for $3000 but i don't stand at the mall and tell them they are throwing away their money because it isn't my money - so it isn't my business.

Prolly because they earn it from all the cooking and mopping.

I think it is fair to point out that some of the money he donated did go to pediatric cancer research. What I don't think is fair is telling another grown man how to spend his money.

I didn't ask.

You are aware that you saying it had no effect is the exact same as him saying it was the reason he was fired, right? Neither of you can prove your side of the argument. Things aren't always so black & white. To think that Woody heard his customers and it factored in to his decision in whatever small way is not ridiculous...it is certainly a less ridiculous argument than trying to say it had zero impact - or that it was the main reason he was fired.

No I'm not aware. Its not the same thing, sometimes you have to use your brain and common sense. It's idiotic to think that if a GM is doing a good job he would be fired because a handful of fans chipped in to buy a billboard. It's stupid to think that this is the way a team should be and was run. it's just as stupid as to think if he was doing a good job and fans just didn't like him they would stop supporting the team so he'd get fired. Fact is Idzik was incompetent and when Woody saw this he fired the guy and cleaned house. The billboard didn't do this. It's as if the two of you actually believe that Woody didn't realize Idzik sucked until he saw the billboard.

No I'm not aware. Its not the same thing, sometimes you have to use your brain and common sense. It's idiotic to think that if a GM is doing a good job he would be fired because a handful of fans chipped in to buy a billboard. It's stupid to think that this is the way a team should be and was run. it's just as stupid as to think if he was doing a good job and fans just didn't like him they would stop supporting the team so he'd get fired. Fact is Idzik was incompetent and when Woody saw this he fired the guy and cleaned house. The billboard didn't do this. It's as if the two of you actually believe that Woody didn't realize Idzik sucked until he saw the billboard.

You are being overly dramatic and skewing the conversation… I never said that teams are run by the fans and in this instance - of course everybody knew Idzik was doing a bad job. What was in question was whether or not the job was bad enough to get fired. It isn't black and white, "if he is good then he keeps his job - or he is bad then he gets fired." You can be bad and keep your job (see Bradway) and good but get fired (see Harbaugh)… we wanted to show Woody under no uncertain terms that we - as customers - were not going to accept giving Idzik another year. I personally would have cancelled my season tickets - and many others would too. Showing that to Woody publicly - customer outrage - ABSOLUTELY had more than 0% impact. To think otherwise is not being realistic. You just didn't like the campaign so you refuse to admit that it was relevant. 

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. As I said, I don't care at all about how much credit we get for any of this. This offseason is exactly what we wanted so we no longer have anything to complain about. I choose to focus on more positive things going forward because it is fun to be a fan again. I feel good about my investment in this team and I wish people would stop bringing up the billboards and the past - and enjoy the present and the future. 

You are being overly dramatic and skewing the conversation… I never said that teams are run by the fans and in this instance - of course everybody knew Idzik was doing a bad job. What was in question was whether or not the job was bad enough to get fired. It isn't black and white, "if he is good then he keeps his job - or he is bad then he gets fired." You can be bad and keep your job (see Bradway) and good but get fired (see Harbaugh)… we wanted to show Woody under no uncertain terms that we - as customers - were not going to accept giving Idzik another year. I personally would have cancelled my season tickets - and many others would too. Showing that to Woody publicly - customer outrage - ABSOLUTELY had more than 0% impact. To think otherwise is not being realistic. You just didn't like the campaign so you refuse to admit that it was relevant. 

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. As I said, I don't care at all about how much credit we get for any of this. This offseason is exactly what we wanted so we no longer have anything to complain about. I choose to focus on more positive things going forward because it is fun to be a fan again. I feel good about my investment in this team and I wish people would stop bringing up the billboards and the past - and enjoy the present and the future.

Ok, you would have cancelled your STs if Idzik was around. The billboard and that fear worked well, money well spent, lol

Ok, you would have cancelled your STs if Idzik was around. The billboard and that fear worked well, money well spent, lol

The funny thing about you is that you refuse to allow yourself to see things from any other perspective than your own. Since you are so convinced that your opinion is correct, you call it "common sense"...

That money was very well spent because every dollar of it went to exactly what the people who donated the money paid for. If you didn't donate, you have absolutely no reason to comment on that aspect because it isn't your money. Is a $10 beer at the game money well spent? Is a $50 steak money well spent? Is a $15,000 PSL money well spent? Is a $200 jersey money well spent? The answer to all of these questions is yes if you spent that money and feel like you got good value... And no if you spent that money and feel like you didn't... If you didn't spend the money, you don't get a vote because your opinion is worth exactly what you donated... Nothing

The funny thing about you is that you refuse to allow yourself to see things from any other perspective than your own. Since you are so convinced that your opinion is correct, you call it "common sense"...

That money was very well spent because every dollar of it went to exactly what the people who donated the money paid for. If you didn't donate, you have absolutely no reason to comment on that aspect because it isn't your money. Is a $10 beer at the game money well spent? Is a $50 steak money well spent? Is a $15,000 PSL money well spent? Is a $200 jersey money well spent? The answer to all of these questions is yes if you spent that money and feel like you got good value... And no if you spent that money and feel like you didn't... If you didn't spend the money, you don't get a vote because your opinion is worth exactly what you donated... Nothing

lol y u mad tho

Yeah, but why did you spend the money in such a stupid manner?

Yeah, but why did you spend the money in such a stupid manner?

Ha... Another person who has no ability to look at things from another perspective.

What you should say is "people have the right to spend their money on whatever they like but MY OPINION is that it is stupid." Because - again - you think your opinion is fact but it isn't. It is just fact in your own head... In reality, there are people who disagree with you and that is the beautiful thing about this country... We are all entitled to our opinion and to voice it.

Don't know what you're so pissed at. You feel your money was well spent. Everyone who didn't spend disagrees that it did anything to get an incompetent GM fired. We feel given the HC was also getting fired it was going to be a complete sweep. You don't, you think that Woody was keeping Idzik then he heard about a billboard and changed his mind. Ok, good for you.

Test your theory, put up 8,000 fire Mccagnan billboards and see if he's fired.

Ha... Another person who has no ability to look at things from another perspective.

What you should say is "people have the right to spend their money on whatever they like but MY OPINION is that it is stupid." Because - again - you think your opinion is fact but it isn't. It is just fact in your own head... In reality, there are people who disagree with you and that is the beautiful thing about this country... We are all entitled to our opinion and to voice it.

First, adopt a sense of humor, it serves a person good.

Secondly, your whole premise seemed to surmise that every Jet fans felt the same as you. That you were some voice of THE Jet fan. In fact, you weren't. You do not get to declare yourself as captain of that ship, de facto.

If you feel something and have a strong feeling, and want to say something about it, have it at, spend your money in any manner that you want. But put YOUR name to it, not that of a fan base. When you champion your cause as being that of "jets fans", a group that I am part of, well then I am going to question you on what you can say, especially when it filters me in that group.

Talk about perspective.

Don't know what you're so pissed at. You feel your money was well spent. Everyone who didn't spend disagrees that it did anything to get an incompetent GM fired. We feel given the HC was also getting fired it was going to be a complete sweep. You don't, you think that Woody was keeping Idzik then he heard about a billboard and changed his mind. Ok, good for you.

Test your theory, put up 8,000 fire Mccagnan billboards and see if he's fired.

That was the most ridiculous post I have ever read. Literally not one thing you said - especially the part about me thinking Woody was keeping Idzik until he saw the boards go up - has any validity.

First, adopt a sense of humor, it serves a person good.

Secondly, your whole premise seemed to surmise that every Jet fans felt the same as you. That you were some voice of THE Jet fan. In fact, you weren't. You do not get to declare yourself as captain of that ship, de facto.

If you feel something and have a strong feeling, and want to say something about it, have it at, spend your money in any manner that you want. But put YOUR name to it, not that of a fan base. When you champion your cause as being that of "jets fans", a group that I am part of, well then I am going to question you on what you can say, especially when it filters me in that group.

Talk about perspective.

I never once said that I was the voice of the Jets fan base... I have no clue where you got that idea from except that the billboard said "this billboard paid for by Jets fans" on it... Which is absolutely true because that is exactly who paid for it. It didn't say "this billboard paid for by the entire Jets fanbase and I am their leader, Jason Koeppel - the man responsible for speaking for them". I had an opinion. I voiced it. Thousands of people agreed with my opinion literally across the world and supported it. Then a billboard went up. I don't represent the entire Jets fan base - I represented those people.

And by the way - i have a fantastic sense of humor and I don't take myself nearly as seriously as you think i do - or as seriously as you take me.

That was the most ridiculous post I have ever read. Literally not one thing you said - especially the part about me thinking Woody was keeping Idzik until he saw the boards go up - has any validity.

Ridiculous? You don't understand? From the guy who paid for a billboard, thinks it influenced Wood and can't follow his own thought process?

Who thinks it was money well spent? But doesn't think it got Woody to fire Idzik? But it all went to the billboards that didn't make Woidy fire Idzik?

You don't believe that Idzik was getting fired anyway?

Every one of your posts are ridiculous.

Ridiculous? You don't understand? From the guy who paid for a billboard, thinks it influenced Wood and can't follow his own thought process?

Who thinks it was money well spent? But doesn't think it got Woody to fire Idzik? But it all went to the billboards that didn't make Woidy fire Idzik?

You don't believe that Idzik was getting fired anyway?

Every one of your posts are ridiculous.

When we started the campaign, the Jets were 1-7 and whether or not he was going to get fired was very much in question... You are playing Monday morning quarterback here...

Who thinks it was money well spent? Literally EVERYBODY who donated thinks it was... And those are the only people whose opinons matter... People who didn't like the campaign can say that - but they can't say it wasn't money well spent bc it wasn't their money. That is the point.

When we started the campaign, the Jets were 1-7 and whether or not he was going to get fired was very much in question... You are playing Monday morning quarterback here...

Who thinks it was money well spent? Literally EVERYBODY who donated thinks it was... And those are the only people whose opinons matter... People who didn't like the campaign can say that - but they can't say it wasn't money well spent bc it wasn't their money. That is the point.

As they say, a fool and his money are easily parted…….

Just like these yokels that are looking to help Kraft pay his fine.

Truly amateur.

As they say, a fool and his money are easily parted…….

Just like these yokels that are looking to help Kraft pay his fine.

Truly amateur.

If getting Idzik out of here was  the result of these gentlemen putting their money where their mouth was... I will be  forever indebted to their moxie and chutzpah!!

Could you imagine what we would be talking about post draft (other than cheating) if Idzik was still ruining the show??

What a terrible Draft we had.... NO Revis and probably NO Marshall. Maybe even NO Bowles!

Archived