Can the Jets win the division this year?

Maxman

Obviously,  I haven't covered the NJ Jets or other teams in the AFC AS CLOSELY as I have covered the Bills.  One advantage that the Bills and Jets have is that we will have a chance to see videos of each others' 2015 games before we play.    We will play NE and Indy with new plays but I am sure both teams will have some new tricks up their sleeve too.  BB always does.

Oops forgot to answer one question.  Yes,  I clearly remember Chan Gailey.  Hated to see him leave

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay now here's the $64,000 question.  What do you think about David Lee.  I like what I see but what's your opinion?

I was really not impressed tbh; I didn't see much improvement from Geno under Lee and felt he threw him under the bus when he was let go.   

Rex and his staff knows much of our personnel (especially on defense) although we have added a lot of new faces and some of the Rex holders are no lock to make the team.   Still that familiarity should help him a little when game planning against us.  Time will tell. 

Just do me a favor, though; Kick the crap out of the Pats and Dolphins and we will get along just fine :-)

Yes,  I feel the same way about the Dolphins and the Pats.  Us New Yorkers (Jets and Bills) have to take 4 games against the Pats first and my secondary goal is go beat the Dolphins.  I just don't like the Pats at all.  I can tolerate the phins.  

Yes,  I feel the same way about the Dolphins and the Pats.  Us New Yorkers (Jets and Bills) have to take 4 games against the Pats first and my secondary goal is go beat the Dolphins.  I just don't like the Pats at all.  I can tolerate the phins.  

I used to hate the Dolphins too, not as much now.  I can tolerate the Bills (You ARE in NY after all lol) but the Pats; hate doesn't begin to describe my feelings; from the owner on down to the ball boys lol.  

I used to hate the Dolphins too, not as much now.  I can tolerate the Bills (You ARE in NY after all lol) but the Pats; hate doesn't begin to describe my feelings; from the owner on down to the ball boys lol.  

Yes,  I have no use for the Pats.  Brady is a type of indivdual that literally turns my stomach.  And,  he and BB strike me as having no sense of values.    NFL players work hard and when they go against that team,  it's not fair game.  Then,  we have Goodell that covered for the Patriots until  tnow because he (Goodell) proabaly knows his job is on the line.   And,  I don't buy this so-called separation of friends between Goodell and BB.  It's all for show.   

Okay now here's the $64,000 question.  What do you think about David Lee.  I like what I see but what's your opinion?

Generally disliked around here and blamed for the wildcat which he "introduced" to the NFL with the Dolphins.  It is always hard to gauge what the QB coach brings in comparison to the OC.  Gailey actually brought him to Buffalo in 2012, but did not retain him when Bowles took over here.

It does nothing for me either other than show what a piece of sh*t liar your hall of fame quarterback is. I hate your team with a passion because they are a bunch of arrogant bastards who think the rules don't apply to them.     **** 'em.

We finally have a Pats fan that's being civil and actually discussing football.

Let's tone it down a bit. Thanks.

He did a nice job. I think he is a good DC.  However one of the biggest challenges under Rex/Dunbar was the inability of the defense to FORCE turnovers.  Now I don't know if that was more a personnel issue or a coaching one but it was a major factor in preventing Rexs' defenses in NY from being truly dominant.    

Dunbar is not the DC.  He is a defensive line coach and a damned good one.  Dennis Thurman is the DC/puppet.

It all comes down the the QB. If they get QB play at an average level, the division is within reach. If they get Geno Smith QB play from the first 10 weeks last year...then obviously the division isn't going to happen.

What do you think...with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB can the Jets squeak out 11 and 5? I still want them to give Geno a shot, the upside is higher...so that could impact things negatively if they start slow.

But I think the division is winnable. This defense needs to hold down the fort until the offense gets rolling!

No.

lI think we get off to a bit of a slow start but people finally get comfortable with the staff and the new approach.  I think we could win 9, but probably will top off at 8.  The interesting story will be who is QB ing at the end of the year.  And how he (she?) is QBing.

I think this team is a 8 win team at best. Hope they prove me wrong. Think things with management and system will gel together nicely 2016 . 2016 is when I could see a 10 win plus team assuming our FA and draft game is on par with this off season.

Why is that?

I know it's a message board, but why are we doing this? It's pointless at this time of year and it sets up artificial expectations one way or the other. The Jets have had so many changes that it's frankly impossible to know how they will look.

What would you like us to discuss instead? We are all ears.  :)

Deflategate. Rex Ryan. The melting of Antarctica. Not necessarily in that order. I think we need a poll.

I'm not having kids because by the time they're my age the world will be proper ****ed from the melting of Antarctica.

Yes,  I have no use for the Pats.  Brady is a type of indivdual that literally turns my stomach.  And,  he and BB strike me as having no sense of values.    NFL players work hard and when they go against that team,  it's not fair game.  Then,  we have Goodell that covered for the Patriots until  tnow because he (Goodell) proabaly knows his job is on the line.   And,  I don't buy this so-called separation of friends between Goodell and BB.  It's all for show.   

All I can say is Jim Kelly was NEVER even accused of cheating!!!  As a human being there is no comparison between him and Brady!! 

All I can say is Jim Kelly was NEVER even accused of cheating!!!  As a human being there is no comparison between him and Brady!! 

I agree Charlie.   He's a great man and he has a wonderful family.  I've met Jill a couple of times.    On another QB matter,  what are your thoughts about Brady getting his suspension overturned?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207244915108127&set=gm.1637056319844277&type=1&theater

I agree Charlie.   He's a great man and he has a wonderful family.  I've met Jill a couple of times.    On another QB matter,  what are your thoughts about Brady getting his suspension overturned?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207244915108127&set=gm.1637056319844277&type=1&theater

In truth and I feel badly even writing this.  I do not trust the NFL.  Tags had his problems but since he left Goodell has shown IMO that he can not be trusted!!

It isn't just Brady, what happened in Bounty Gate and Villma showed me the Commissioner has no integrity.  We all saw that when this man said he destroyed the evidence in Spygate and then said "trust me", does anyone fully trust this man?

So while I do not believe that the penalty will be overturned.  How can the Goodell reject his OWN report without additional information? 

The truth is anything can happen.  

In truth and I feel badly even writing this.  I do not trust the NFL.  Tags had his problems but since he left Goodell has shown IMO that he can not be trusted!!

It isn't just Brady, what happened in Bounty Gate and Villma showed me the Commissioner has no integrity.  We all saw that when this man said he destroyed the evidence in Spygate and then said "trust me", does anyone fully trust this man?

So while I do not believe that the penalty will be overturned.  How can the Goodell reject his OWN report without additional information? 

The truth is anything can happen.  

I totally agree that the Commissioner has no integrity.  IMO,  one of the major reasons for NE penalities was for Goodell to save face.  I also don't buy the alleged strained relationship between Goodell and Kraft.  It's all for show.  

This years success all depends on the QB play, whoever it is.   The Jets have a good offense and a great defense.  If whoever plays QB, plays only average, (QB rank around 16) they will win 10+ games.  So yes, they can win the division.  

If the offensive line can make holes for the running game and do a credible job keeping the QB clean then the rest is pretty exciting.  I think the division is unlikely to have a runaway winner this year.

Yes we improved a lot compared to last year but we still have a big question mark in QB? And a rookie head coach makes things a little bit more challenging when it comes to dethrone the last Superbowl winner. I see us winning 2 or 3 of the division games and winning 5 or 6 of the remaining 10 games. I think we will be somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. I hope 9-7 is enough for Wild Card.  

Archived