Ringmaster Rex Signs John Connor to Bills

jgb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard he showed up for practice late. Before that, he talked to the media and said that he was so shocked (or words to that affect) that he was chosen because he really didn't talk much to the Bills. Only about 15 minutes. Rex didn't have much to say about him in his mini-camp training conference. Ryan was really high a number of rookies.

Very surprising that Rex would ever be high on a rookie, he usually doesn't pump them up at all...see Calvin ( Jack Tatum ) Pryor

Very surprising that Rex would ever be high on a rookie, he usually doesn't pump them up at all...see Calvin ( Jack Tatum ) Pryor

Rex gave a good recap of mini-camp the other day.  He gave really good reviews on Rookies:   John Miller (Guard),  Ron Darby (CB),  Nick O'Leary (TE) and Karlos Williams (RB).  I think John Miller may start this season.  Karlos Williams is the brother of Vince Williams RB for the Pittsburgh Steelers (#98).  

Rex gave a good recap of mini-camp the other day. He gave really good reviews on Rookies: John Miller (Guard), Ron Darby (CB), Nick O'Leary (TE) and Karlos Williams (RB). I think John Miller may start this season. Karlos Williams is the brother of Vince Williams RB for the Pittsburgh Steelers (#98).

I'm a FSU fan so I watch every game. O'Leary is a 3rd day steal, he can play. Darby is a speed demon but gives up plays. Williams was good last year but this year lost a step and took a backseat to Cook. It will be interesting to see how O'Leary plays in the NFL.

I'm a FSU fan so I watch every game. O'Leary is a 3rd day steal, he can play. Darby is a speed demon but gives up plays. Williams was good last year but this year lost a step and took a backseat to Cook. It will be interesting to see how O'Leary plays in the NFL.

I watched the highlights on these players.  I think O'Leary will be starting this year.  Darby is really studying the plays and Rex also commented on his speed (called it world class speed).  I think Williams (love this kid) will be fine.  He's working hard (off the field studying and on the field).  

A team running a FB can do a sh*tload worse than John Conner.  Jerry Reese isn't an idiot and he had Conner on roster for a decent amount of time.

Because the Giants were decimated with injuries at the RB position.  He was just a quick in season pickup.

No sh*t, you're an FSU fan? Are you an alum or do you just follow the team? I graduated back in 2008 for my bachelor's.

I heard he showed up for practice late. Before that, he talked to the media and said that he was so shocked (or words to that affect) that he was chosen because he really didn't talk much to the Bills. Only about 15 minutes. Rex didn't have much to say about him in his mini-camp training conference. Ryan was really high a number of rookies.

So he is a captain, then?

A team running a FB can do a sh*tload worse than John Conner.  Jerry Reese isn't an idiot and he had Conner on roster for a decent amount of time.

lol.  Your constant defense of Rex is astonishing when it comes to roster decisions.  A guy the Giants used as camp fodder was once a Rex Ryan 5th round pick.  And he still values him highly enough to where he'll probably waste a roster spot on Connor for the next couple of seasons. 

Every single "Rex pick" in the draft has been an utter failure for his draft position.  Connor, Tajh Boyd, Scotty McKnight, and the Clemson LB he took this year is sure to fail as well.

lol.  Your constant defense of Rex is astonishing when it comes to roster decisions.  A guy the Giants used as camp fodder was once a Rex Ryan 5th round pick.  And he still values him highly enough to where he'll probably waste a roster spot on Connor for the next couple of seasons. 

Every single "Rex pick" in the draft has been an utter failure for his draft position.  Connor, Tajh Boyd, Scotty McKnight, and the Clemson LB he took this year is sure to fail as well.

What roster decisions?  Conner is a bottom of the roster guy, getting a bottom of the roster contract.  He is certainly a top 25 FB in the NFL.  Too bad 25 teams don't use FBs. It was not a good draft pick, but the morons on this board want to act like he doesn't belong in a camp.  These are the same guys sucking off Ratliff and Simms.  I never liked the whole "Rex gets a pick" philosophy.  Seemed pretty dumb, but if that was the relationship he and Tanny had okay. I'm not at all sure why Idzik would give him Boyd. 

The Clemson LB might not be such a bad pick.  He was a 6th rounder.  Stop acting like those guys all contribute.  In fact, Conner probably contributed as much or more than your average 5th.  Steward is fast and by most accounts a special teams demon.  The only reason nobody was too interested was the fact that he had both ACLs done and some other injury concerns.  6th round seems like a good place to take a chance on a guy like that.

What roster decisions?  Conner is a bottom of the roster guy, getting a bottom of the roster contract.  He is certainly a top 25 FB in the NFL.  Too bad 25 teams don't use FBs. It was not a good draft pick, but the morons on this board want to act like he doesn't belong in a camp.  These are the same guys sucking off Ratliff and Simms.  I never liked the whole "Rex gets a pick" philosophy.  Seemed pretty dumb, but if that was the relationship he and Tanny had okay. I'm not at all sure why Idzik would give him Boyd. 

The Clemson LB might not be such a bad pick.  He was a 6th rounder.  Stop acting like those guys all contribute.  In fact, Conner probably contributed as much or more than your average 5th.  Steward is fast and by most accounts a special teams demon.  The only reason nobody was too interested was the fact that he had both ACLs done and some other injury concerns.  6th round seems like a good place to take a chance on a guy like that.

Letting a coach with a poor track record in talent evaluation, particularly in the later rounds, waste late round pick after late round pick is horrible.  GM's need to be able to make their mark with those picks (at least from time to time), not give them away to a wasteful HC.  Yet here the Bills are letting him do it again, and shape the bottom part of the roster in the way Rex sees fit (which always ends disastrously). 

You're right, those guys have a low likelihood of making an impact.  Doesn't mean it's OK to waste the picks and basically make it a 0 % chance those guys work out.  Hell, his hand-picked Clemson LB already is showing up late to practice.  Good start.

Letting a coach with a poor track record in talent evaluation, particularly in the later rounds, waste late round pick after late round pick is horrible.  GM's need to be able to make their mark with those picks (at least from time to time), not give them away to a wasteful HC.  Yet here the Bills are letting him do it again, and shape the bottom part of the roster in the way Rex sees fit (which always ends disastrously). 

You're right, those guys have a low likelihood of making an impact.  Doesn't mean it's OK to waste the picks and basically make it a 0 % chance those guys work out.  Hell, his hand-picked Clemson LB already is showing up late to practice.  Good start.

Even better as an UDFA, which he wouldve been, if Rex hadnt seen him make a big hit while watching his kid's team.

It's funny, between this nonsense with Rex and his personnel "brilliance", Tannenbaum and Bradway taking their "talents" to South Beach, and the circus going on up in New England*, the AFC East is shaping up to be perhaps the most entertaining division in the league.  And, with that in mind, we're the last circus-like team in the bunch.  Couldn't have seen that coming even as early as last season.  

Maybe we're in exactly the right spot at the right time.  Rex will destroy the Buffalo franchise.  Bradway and Tannenbaum will do the same to Miami.  The Pats* almost seemed poised to implode on themselves.  And we finally have adults in charge of the New York Jets.  Good time to be a Jets fan, it would seem.

It's funny, between this nonsense with Rex and his personnel "brilliance", Tannenbaum and Bradway taking their "talents" to South Beach, and the circus going on up in New England*, the AFC East is shaping up to be perhaps the most entertaining division in the league.  And, with that in mind, we're the last circus-like team in the bunch.  Couldn't have seen that coming even as early as last season.  

Maybe we're in exactly the right spot at the right time.  Rex will destroy the Buffalo franchise.  Bradway and Tannenbaum will do the same to Miami.  The Pats* almost seemed poised to implode on themselves.  And we finally have adults in charge of the New York Jets.  Good time to be a Jets fan, it would seem.

Pats won't implode, they'll find new ways to cheat and will win the division once again.  But I do agree the Dolphins and Bills are headed for disaster.  15 years and counting without a playoff win for BOTH franchises. 

oLeary could be another d Clark.

I don't care how unathletic he is, dude can play

Pats won't implode, they'll find new ways to cheat and will win the division once again.  But I do agree the Dolphins and Bills are headed for disaster.  15 years and counting without a playoff win for BOTH franchises. 

Probably not, but it also wouldn't take me by much surprise if they keep making the situation worse and worse for themselves with each passing day to the point that they at least bring themselves down to a level more on par with the rest of the league.

His late round track record is considerably better than Idzik's. 

His late round track record is considerably better than Idzik's. 

No, it's not, because Rex was 0/3, soon to be 0/4.  Idzik at least seemed to have made a nice pick on Aboushi (5th round, 2013) as well as possibly IK Enemkpali (6th round, 2014) and Trevor Reilly (7th round, 2014).  So he was something more like 1/7, 2/7 or 3/7.  Rex, meanwhile, not only was a massive failure with his late rounders but he's still being given the power to make those picks.  So his track record will continue to be awful year after year until teams finally decide he isn't fit to be a HC.

In other words, GM's need to stop letting Rex give pretty much any input on personnel that isn't a defensive lineman.

What did Rex have to say on Deflategate?

When th media asked,  he basically told  them that he wasn't focused on that.   He said,  when NE  plays us,  BB will  have his team team ready  and Rex will have the Bills ready.

When th media asked,  he basically told  them that he wasn't focused on that.   He said,  when NE  plays us,  BB will  have his team team ready  and Rex will have the Bills ready.

As long as, you know, it's not one of those every 3 weeks or so where Rex's team is completely unprepared.  Sh*t happens though.

Just a quick response to a number of posts here about Rex's picks this season.

Pretty sure most know that the Bills didn't have a 1st and 4th round pick.  With the acquisitions made before the draft, the Bills  basically went into the draft loooking for second line players.  

Offseason/pre-draft acquisitions:  Charles Clay TE, LeSean RB,  Jerome Felton, FB and Percy Harvin (WR), Richie Incognito (Guard)

The  guys acquired in the draft,  for the most part,  looked really good  during mini-traning camp.  They picked up fast and were impressive during practice:  John Miller (Guard)  - Ron Darby CD  Nick O'Leary TE and Karlos Williams RB.  Nothing much was said about Tony Steward - must be still star struck from getting picked (by Rex)  since he only had a 15 minute inteview with the Bills  :winking0001:

Comments about John Connor FB -  we already have Jerome Felton -  Connor will be our back up.  

Archived