Brady hires Jeffrey Kessler, may get away from being suspended

JetsFanInDenver

And don't forget that Wells asked to talk to the guy just to ask about that text.  If he called himself the Deflator because he was trying to lose weight don't you think the Pats would have let Wells talk to him?

And I suppose when he talked about going to ESPN, he was talking about going to ESPN to tell them about his heroic weight loss battle? :rolleyes:

what about inflating the balls like rugby balls, to 16 psi?  is that about his stomach?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They want it both ways:  they refuse to cooperate with the investigation by giving information and then they get indignant when the Investigators make rational inferences from the information which would not have been necessary if they had cooperated.  

They want it both ways:  they refuse to cooperate with the investigation by giving information and then they get indignant when the Investigators make rational inferences from the information which would not have been necessary if they had cooperated.  

Give them a break. It's real tough to cover up when you are caught with your hand int he cookie jar.

Shhhhh. No talking in the library!

Nice to see you made it over.. My thoughts on the whole thing is simply this.. If Brady had come out and said; Look not all QB's grip the ball the same way depending on their hand size. For me I like a slightly less inflated ball however if I broke the  league rule I'm sorry and I apologize to the league and accept any punishment for my wrong doing.. 90% of all that has happened wouldn't have. As Walter Scott once wrote; What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive..   :winking0001:

Brady doesn't want to release his text messages because they would implicate Belichick.  They already have the Brady to the ball-boy texts.

At that point they would have both of them for lying and obstructing the investigation, the cheating itself as well as bringing the game into disrepute.  Of course he is not going to give up his text messages.

http://deadspin.com/pats-ballghazi-defense-the-deflator-was-just-trying-1704476913

The Pats have launched a website "refuting" the Wells report. One of their more pathetic explanations is that Jim McNally referred to himself as "the Deflator" in texts because he was fat and was trying to lost weight. 

If this is the best the Pats can come up with, Brady will be sitting until week 6. 

It has also been reported that Brady's appeal will focus on the authority of Troy Vincent and not on his claimed innocence. 

Brady is ****ed.

I thought this post said Pat fans started this website. When I realized it said the Pats, I laughed uncontrollably for a long time.

That is not the point.  The Colts were as well.

The balls were measured with both guages at halftime.  One guage had 3 balls above the ideal gas law range, 5 balls in the 11.32-11.52 range and 3 balls below with the most egregious one being .42 below at 10.9.

8 of the 11 balls deflated to an acceptable range, but if Walt could remember which one he used.  IF Walt could remember which of the two distinct needle she used, there muight not be a question of the Patriots guilt.

I don't have any questions about their guilt.

Nice to see you made it over.. My thoughts on the whole thing is simply this.. If Brady had come out and said; Look not all QB's grip the ball the same way depending on their hand size. For me I like a slightly less inflated ball however if I broke the  league rule I'm sorry and I apologize to the league and accept any punishment for my wrong doing.. 90% of all that has happened wouldn't have. As Walter Scott once wrote; What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive..   :winking0001:

Thanks Savage.  Agreed.  This has been totally mis-handled from the get-go by Brady, not to mention Kraft, who puts his foot in his mouth every time he opens it.  The team apparently decided that it had to address this before the Super Bowl, which in hindsight was a mistake because it forced Brady to choose between lying (and dealing with an even bigger mess after the truth came out) and telling the truth up front (and possibly getting suspended for the Super Bowl). 

This whole ridiculous explanation of the guy calling himself the Deflator because he's fat and losing weight just completely brought this to a whole new level of awesome. Not only did they get caught and punished for cheating, but now they're outright embarrassing themselves with excuses my 2nd grade son could do better than.

I thought the weight loss thing was a joke

this story gets better every day

Adam Schefter: Source Predicts Tom Brady’s Suspension Will Be Overturned

http://nesn.com/2015/05/adam-schefter-source-predicts-tom-bradys-suspension-will-be-overturned/

OH gee the local ball washing fan boys in the media predicts nothing happens to their heroes.

The organizations is a joke, the team, their own fans, the media and everything about them just downright embarrassing! Never mind the charade to defend themselves, the fact that they are doing it while thumping their chest while doing it despite yet another scandal to tarnish their legacy, is also a complete joke!

This whole thing is 1,000x better than anything Spygate has ever cast over that organization. Pathetic is really the only word I can use, it's literally the worst second hand embarrassment I have felt towards any public figures.

Personally I respected Brady like that of Boston fans did Jeter, and feel Brady has been misguided in this entire affair from the start. I don't see any way out now unfortunately for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Schefter: Source Predicts Tom Brady’s Suspension Will Be Overturned

http://nesn.com/2015/05/adam-schefter-source-predicts-tom-bradys-suspension-will-be-overturned/

Yeah man, not happening. The league commissioner is arbitrating. Do you have alternate plans for the month of September? For instance I think Striped Bass will be running off the coast of Mass at that time. May be a nice way to preoccupy your time.

didn't the guy threaten to inflate the balls to 16?  to rugby balls?   what the heck does that have anything to do with him losing weight?

He said he was going to give Tom a "watermelon".  Watermelons are like 100% sugar, so there's all the proof you need that all the texting was related to his weight problem.  He knew that eating the watermelon would bust his diet, so he was generously going to give the watermelon to Brady.  You Jets fans are so blind and stupid... you can never see the obvious.

Archived