Collision Low Crossers (Jets Book)

DaBallhawk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who is still in denial about Rex's idiocy really needs to read it.

Tannenbaum was just awful.  He had no idea how to draft after Mangini left. 

He had no idea how to draft when Mangini was there. I only have two words there - Vernon Gholston. 

yeah...but the tatoo on his wifes arm showed he was deeply committed. :)

The tattoo was not on his wife's arm but Rex's. It was a picture of his wife in a Sanchez jersey. Probably had to pick it up quickly off the floor when Rex came home for his G-D snack and found Sanchise racing out the back door.

Clemens actually turned out to be the best QB of that draftclass almost. The only one "better" I guess would be Jay Cutler. So there you go. That's how good the QB's were. As for Gholston, we didn't have any other choice. Nobody was thrilled with the Gholston pick but it's not like Mangini put his foot down and picked him instead of like a JJ Watt.

That draft class sucked.  The whole top of the class was chock full of busts

That draft class sucked.  The whole top of the class was chock full of busts

Yep. Which is why I don't blame Mangini or Tanny. Drafting that year was like playing dodgeball while standing on a brick with nowhere to go and instead of balls you have dozens of people throwing piles of sh*t at you.

The tattoo was not on his wife's arm but Rex's. It was a picture of his wife in a Sanchez jersey. Probably had to pick it up quickly off the floor when Rex came home for his G-D snack and found Sanchise racing out the back door.

of course I knew that, simply had a mind meld.   Thanks for the refresher. REX is a tool.

The book is good because it definitely shows that Sanchez was not a starting QB, in that his focus was weak.  ( And I was a Sanchez defender). 

It also shows that Rex definitely was not an organizational head, but a fun person who really cares about his players.  Rex seems from the book an excellent coach but maybe not the best guy to put in charge of he team. If so, you really need quality coaches around him.

I can't wait for pac's truth hammer to drop.

so far so good.  haven't read a page yet but I can tell from the weight that lotsa good info in there and stuff.  I had hoped for more pictures but oh well.

Archived