If Brady's suspension overturned - give it up NFL - the players are laughing at you

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh... and the Pats just fired the two guys they are claiming didn't do anything wrong:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/the-patriots-fired-the-guys-theyre-passionately-defending-today/

GUILTY. 

If they are indeed fired they should make a fortune telling their story to the highest  bidder. Probably negotiating right now.

Pats and fans in denial will still say it is fiction.

Jonathan Vilma wont be laughing.

Seriously, do you folks actually believe that NFL players like Goodell? Is it the Bro hugs on draft day?

If I was a player being drafted he is the LAST person I want to bro hug. The next time I see him in person I will be on the other side of his desk with my attorney trying to get my suspension reduced or overturned. This guy IS NOT the players friend, period. I could see Brady's suspension reduced to two games, and that will seriously undermine the commish's position of authority, but I don't like Roger Goddell anyway so I hope he does resign. Brady - I don't care if his suspension is overturned completely - he will ALWAYS have the stigma of CHEATER ON HIM. No matter what small or big advantage the deflation of the football's gave him, he lied and lied some more and thinks that hiding behind smugness and his owner's billions will exonerate him. NO TOMMY BOY, it won't.

There is just no morality in that organization.  ZERO! 

Tom Brady has no shame - all these years we were calling him a POS - not really knowing the guy - but it seems we were all correct.

Bottom line - Tom Brady and Kraft are bad human beings!

They are people that think the end justifies the means. I read a real good post here where he described how hard Belichick worked in Cleveland only to be fired and made the scapegoat for that organizations sins. Then he decided that working hard isn't enough. You have to have a mentality of whatever I have to do to gain an edge I will do. The problem is the Pats are terrible at hiding what they do wrong because they don't treat their own conspirators well. They have now fired the two guys they steadfastly said were innocent. What does that say?

If they are indeed fired they should make a fortune telling their story to the highest  bidder. Probably negotiating right now.

Pats and fans in denial will still say it is fiction.

Knowing the Pats*, they probably had these two ignoramuses sign an onerous NDA when they took their low paying gigs.  I hope they spill their guts anyway.

I cannot wait until Playboy gives the deflater boys a fat retainer for their story...firing them was the worst thing the patriots could have done because now they have lost control of them....as well as making them angry for being the patsie, fall guys and now in need of cash...

Still want to tell me that Brady wont sue?

Dance faster Laddy Boy.

Brady sue? Oh, that would be precious. So precious when he can then be fined for perjury. Where he will be forced to tel the entire truth. Where others will not have his back.

Oh, he will not be suing. There is no lawyer or agent that is dumb enough to give him that advice.

Brady sue? Oh, that would be precious. So precious when he can then be fined for perjury. Where he will be forced to tel the entire truth. Where others will not have his back.

Oh, he will not be suing. There is no lawyer or agent that is dumb enough to give him that advice.

Where he will give the NFL actual subpoena power to demand his phone records.... ALL OF THEM. 

Thus far all the legal advice here and $1.00 would buy a Pepsi.

Lets see whats left of Goodell after Kessler is through with before calling in the big dogs.

Good point - but the difference was that both Rice and Peterson had criminal charges and penalties as their consequences. Their punishments occur there.

The matter involving Brady cannot be adjudicated in the legal system and the only consequence can be levied by the league. 

All these players deserve a chance to make a living despite their transgressions. 

No arguments there.

Just as they have a right to play, they also have a right to appeal.

I believe Brady is complicit in this, to what degree, I do not know.

Yeah,  because there is a difference between off the field actions and cheating. Pete Rose has been banned from baseball for life while wife beaters get much smaller suspensions. In the end, the criminal justice system is responsible for handing out punishment for things like wife beating.

And yet here we are.

You are spot on in regards to your point.

I remember 15 years ago Tags getting raked over the coals as players were doing the same thing that Rice, Hardy at el are doing today, but there was no league repercussions.

Enter Goodell and he starts using the hammer and now players and media are raking him over the coals for dispensing justice.

You cannot have it both ways.

Thus far all the legal advice here and $1.00 would buy a Pepsi.

Lets see whats left of Goodell after Kessler is through with before calling in the big dogs.

Thus far, the Patriots and Tom Brady's actions and explanations and $1.00 would only buy an entertaining comedy script. 

You would have thought someone in their marketing department would have had some type of legal background, and advised them in matters of how not to purport themselves in an investigation and follow-up, but apparently not.

They look pretty stupid and naive.

Thus far, the Patriots and Tom Brady's actions and explanations and $1.00 would only buy an entertaining comedy script. 

You would have thought someone in their marketing department would have had some type of legal background, and advised them in matters of how not to purport themselves in an investigation and follow-up, but apparently not.

Only if it doesn't work.  If they end up getting the suspension overturned or the Wells report thrown out - they won't look that stupid afterall.

I think what they're doing is horrible and beyond childish - but I'm not sure they're not going to win this.  I'll hold judgement until the appeal process is over...

I do not disagree and the deflator excuse is a joke.  That is the best they could do?

With that being said, from day 1 there was numerous leaks by the league which were quickly prooven to be false.  "11 of 12 balls at least 2 pounds under" being one that the media took and blasted all over TV and the interwebz.

Then you have the flawed Wells report.

Remember, Kraft said he would accept the punishment after iit came out.

The Goodell meted out the punishment.  In which, he used the Wells report's proof to punish Brady.  I honestly believe Kraft has no issues with this.

This is where I think it went awry.  Roger meted out severe punishment on the team, after the same report exonerated the team and Belichick for any wrong doing, by using prior convictions. 

Not saying what the Patriots are doing is right, but I get them being pissed.  Especially after the league did their best to pollute the waters of public opinion.

Only if it doesn't work.  If they end up getting the suspension overturned or the Wells report thrown out - they won't look that stupid afterall.

I think what they're doing is horrible and beyond childish - but I'm not sure they're not going to win this.  I'll hold judgement until the appeal process is over...

The very best they can do is get the Brady suspension lifted. Most likely, it is a reduction in time suspended.

They will still have the loss of draft picks, and the fine. Kraft is not looney enough to challenge that in court.

There will always be the stain though. The battle in the court of public opinion of the fans (without Elvis on their helmet) has already formed. This transgression along with others has cast that die.

Again, at the best, for the Patriots,the Brady suspension is reduced. But it will come with some additional embarrassment. As it is with all crimes, the attempted cover-up is worse than the crime itself. And in so, the Patriots have looked particularly clownish here.

I do not disagree and the deflator excuse is a joke.  That is the best they could do?

With that being said, from day 1 there was numerous leaks by the league which were quickly prooven to be false.  "11 of 12 balls at least 2 pounds under" being one that the media took and blasted all over TV and the interwebz.

Then you have the flawed Wells report.

Remember, Kraft said he would accept the punishment after iit came out.

The Goodell meted out the punishment.  In which, he used the Wells report's proof to punish Brady.  I honestly believe Kraft has no issues with this.

This is where I think it went awry.  Roger meted out severe punishment on the team, after the same report exonerated the team and Belichick for any wrong doing, by using prior convictions. 

Not saying what the Patriots are doing is right, but I get them being pissed.  Especially after the league did their best to pollute the waters of public opinion.

The league went soft in a public stance on BB, Kraft and the Patriot organization because it was in their best interest. The Patriots will live on in this league, Tom Brady will not. It is in the league's best interests to not cast strong dispersions of recrimination to one of its one members. But Kraft may push them in that corner. Then it gets real ugly. Kraft is smarter than that (I hope).

The team had a "lack of institutional control". While higher ups may not have been directly involved (????), they are responsible for what takes place under there watch.

The league went soft in a public stance on BB, Kraft and the Patriot organization because it was in their best interest. The Patriots will live on in this league, Tom Brady will not. It is in the league's best interests to not cast strong dispersions of recrimination to one of its one members. But Kraft may push them in that corner. Then it gets real ugly. Kraft is smarter than that (I hope).

The team had a "lack of institutional control". While higher ups may not have been directly involved (????), they are responsible for what takes place under there watch.

Define soft.  The league went soft on Woody despite his prior tampering even though he was clearly guilty of it.

The Wells report, the 'independent' report said they were innocent.

I think Kraft expected something along the lines of a fine for the "lack of instituitional control".  While it is ridiculous to expect a billionaire and coach to know everything that goes on, it was team employees and I get it, but the report said they were innocent the Goodell still hammered them.

Define soft.  The league went soft on Woody despite his prior tampering even though he was clearly guilty of it.

The Wells report, the 'independent' report said they were innocent.

I think Kraft expected something along the lines of a fine for the "lack of instituitional control".  While it is ridiculous to expect a billionaire and coach to know everything that goes on, it was team employees and I get it, but the report said they were innocent the Goodell still hammered them.

Soft-The Patriots left BB and higher level of Patriot hierarchy OUT of the report. They could have along the lines of "this happened under your watch, you bear responsibility". Particularly because this is not their first trip to this rodeo.

The league did not do that. It is not in its own best interest. If the Pats challenge, then gloves are off.

The NFL hammered them because:

1. Former transgressions

2. A lack of candor and openness

3. To send a message

The very best they can do is get the Brady suspension lifted. Most likely, it is a reduction in time suspended.

They will still have the loss of draft picks, and the fine. Kraft is not looney enough to challenge that in court.

There will always be the stain though. The battle in the court of public opinion of the fans (without Elvis on their helmet) has already formed. This transgression along with others has cast that die.

Again, at the best, for the Patriots,the Brady suspension is reduced. But it will come with some additional embarrassment. As it is with all crimes, the attempted cover-up is worse than the crime itself. And in so, the Patriots have looked particularly clownish here.

If they get Brady's suspension lifted...They will declare victory and demand another apology...

The media will then get behind the decision and public opinion will sway to the Pats being vindicated.  

I hope I'm wrong!

If they get Brady's suspension lifted...They will declare victory and demand another apology...

The media will then get behind the decision and public opinion will sway to the Pats being vindicated.  

I hope I'm wrong!

You are aware that Goodell is hearing the appeal? The chances of the suspension being overturned are zero. Maybe it gets reduced to 2 or 3 games (if Goodell is trying to make peace), but Kraft/Brady would never be able to declare victory if Brady is suspended for any time. 

I hope I'm wrong!

I do not believe the public is that stupid. A jury found OJ innocent of murder,but public opinion, outside of looney zanies, believe that he did the crime.

The fine and the draft picks will remain in penalty. That is not in play right now.

And, the additional mud that Brady will get dragged through in attempting to prove innocent, will only stain more.

Public opinion has already been set. That does not get changed by arbitration shenanigans and maneuverings.

You are aware that Goodell is hearing the appeal? The chances of the suspension being overturned are zero. Maybe it gets reduced to 2 or 3 games (if Goodell is trying to make peace), but Kraft/Brady would never be able to declare victory if Brady is suspended for any time. 

I agree, but I'm not sold that the suspension won't be overturned.  

I'm not sure this entire thing wasn't a set-up from the start...A week ago Goodell and Kraft were besties...but now a few days later they're enemies?

I agree, but I'm not sold that the suspension won't be overturned.  

I'm not sure this entire thing wasn't a set-up from the start...A week ago Goodell and Kraft were besties...but now a few days later they're enemies?

Set up????? You believe that the Pats and NFL are going through this just to keep their name in the news??????????????

The last thing the NFL wanted was more negativity publicity with all the problems with players getting into trouble- no conspiracy needed the Pats tried  to circumvent the rules.

Set up????? You believe that the Pats and NFL are going through this just to keep their name in the news??????????????

No, I believe it's possible, certainly not assured (albeit unlikely) but possible that this was an elaborate plan to get Brady off...

Goodell couldn't initially let Brady off due to he and Kraft's well publicized relationship....So, they have Vincent come out with a  ruling of guilty...

Kraft makes an uproar (completely beyond reason) claims his relationship with Goodel is ruined....

Goodell then hears the appeal and overturns it...Brady/Kraft are vindicated and Goodel doesn't look like he pandered to Kraft...

Pats win....

Archived