Patriots CBs

bealeb319

I keep seeing posts about how the Patriots are going to win the division still or win a wildcard slot because Brady is only suspended for 4 games, but right now as important as Brady is to their team they also probably have the worst CB situation in the NFL. The CBs on their roster currently are worse than ours were going into last season. I honestly cant even see them getting into the playoffs with a wildcard slot unless they are able to somehow address their need at the position. I have been laughing the past couple of weeks when the Patriots fans mention that no one else in the AFC has a QB so they are irrelevant but really how skilled does a QB need to be to make completions against players who on most rosters would be a 3rd of 4th string guy?

They always find a way tho -

...granted that way is cheating. 

But who knows what other cheats they have, they may be tapping the offensive play calls from the headset or have a camera set up in the visiting locker room for halftime adjustments.  We'll never know, when a billion dollar organization is this committed to subterfuge they'll continue to win until they get caught at all of it

2 years ago they had the worst secondary in the NFL and still won 12 games while advancing to the AFC Championship Game.

Why?  Because they have a lying, cheating, scumbag, piece of sh*t QB who is really good. 

2 years ago they had the worst secondary in the NFL and still won 12 games while advancing to the AFC Championship Game.

Why?  Because they have a lying, cheating, scumbag, piece of sh*t QB who is really good. 

Except they won't be playing with deflated balls this year.

Ever notice how their receivers - even the crappy no-name ones Belichick brings off the street - never drop passes? Yeah, that's not happening anymore.

Sucks, but they'll win 12 games.  

No they won't. Have you seen their defense? It's nowhere near it was in their SB run.

Belichick and non-cheating Brady are still good enough for 10-11 wins and possible contention, but they aren't dominating opponents this year like they have in years past.

Except they won't be playing with deflated balls this year.

Ever notice how their receivers - even the crappy no-name ones Belichick brings off the street - never drop passes? Yeah, that's not happening anymore.

That's actually not correct.  Last year both Edelman and Gronk were in the top 10 in drops.  Wes Welker was routinely in the top 5 in drops, if not actually leading the league in that category.

Now, I'm sure that's skewed by the number of attempts...but still, they drop passes.

They win 12 games again this year, especially once the league reduces their suspension on Brady. 

They could line up Belichick at cornerback and they'd still win games. As long as the offense puts up points on the board when they have to it won't matter who they line up on defense.

Didn't they say the same thing about Denver the past two seasons? Denver choked in the playoffs each time.

They could line up Belichick at cornerback and they'd still win games. As long as the offense puts up points on the board when they have to it won't matter who they line up on defense.

It has more to do with their turnover ration than anything else.  Even when they were near the bottom in defensive and pass defense stats they found ways to be good in the redzone and force turnovers.

This last super bowl was a gift lucky last kick at the cat.  People are giving them far too much pre season credit.  With Brady and all hands on deck to start the year they are due for a fall.

Too bad they will use deflate gate as a lame excuse.

Didn't they say the same thing about Denver the past two seasons? Denver choked in the playoffs each time.

Their offense did, yeah. When your center snaps the ball across the field on the first snap of the game into your own endzone you can't really expect to beat a team like the Seahawks. And if you can't move the ball on Indy's defense either then you don't deserve a shot at the superbowl. They just choke in big games. The Patriots somehow find a way to get it done. I'm sure cheating helps.

I keep seeing posts about how the Patriots are going to win the division still or win a wildcard slot because Brady is only suspended for 4 games, but right now as important as Brady is to their team they also probably have the worst CB situation in the NFL. The CBs on their roster currently are worse than ours were going into last season. I honestly cant even see them getting into the playoffs with a wildcard slot unless they are able to somehow address their need at the position. I have been laughing the past couple of weeks when the Patriots fans mention that no one else in the AFC has a QB so they are irrelevant but really how skilled does a QB need to be to make completions against players who on most rosters would be a 3rd of 4th string guy?

This is why them getting docked the 1st rounder next year could be a big deal, as it could have been their highest pick in years in light of their paper thin secondary and possible four game suspension of Shady.

They won the SB with a WR playing CB...I know they were cheating but they still did it...just assume they'll win it and hope they don't.

And that WR was their #1CB for the whole year? They better hope Danny Armadillo can play CB.

Their offense did, yeah. When your center snaps the ball across the field on the first snap of the game into your own endzone you can't really expect to beat a team like the Seahawks. And if you can't move the ball on Indy's defense either then you don't deserve a shot at the superbowl. They just choke in big games. The Patriots somehow find a way to get it done. I'm sure cheating helps.

John Fox being an awful HC probably had a lot to do with that SB. also, how the hell did a team like Indy make it so far into the playoffs last year? They played absolutely HORRIBLY against NE, deflated balls or not. The 2014 Colts were probably the softest team I've ever seen play in years.

Isn't that true for the other 31 teams? Putting up points? Question is, how great is Brady? Took him over a decade to win a SB without spying but deflated footballs. Now he won't feel that same comfort with the balls he touches. He received some benefit from the deflation or he wouldn't have done it.

And that WR was their #1CB for the whole year? They better hope Danny Armadillo can play CB.

If he lined up there, I'd expect them to win....legal or not, they always find a way.  They almost always play home playoff games where I think they've only lost three or four times during Brady/Bilichick era.

John Fox being an awful HC probably had a lot to do with that SB. also, how the hell did a team like Indy make it so far into the playoffs last year? They played absolutely HORRIBLY against NE, deflated balls or not. The 2014 Colts were probably the softest team I've ever seen play in years.

John Fox is a moron. I never really understood why he got the job in Denver to begin with. He absolutely destroyed the Panthers and then he gets a promotion of sorts. Now he gets fired again and once again he lands a good gig with the Bears. It's amazing.

If he lined up there, I'd expect them to win....legal or not, they always find a way. They almost always play home playoff games where I think they've only lost three or four times during Brady/Bilichick era.

Home games = soft balls. Call me optimistic, but I think Jets will outplay the Pats this year.

John Fox is a moron. I never really understood why he got the job in Denver to begin with. He absolutely destroyed the Panthers and then he gets a promotion of sorts. Now he gets fired again and once again he lands a good gig with the Bears. It's amazing.

He's so terrible he almost won a Super Bowl and has made playoff runs with future HOFers Jake Delhomme and Tim Tebow.

Home games = soft balls. Call me optimistic, but I think Jets will outplay the Pats this year.

It could very well happen, but I'll just assume it won't and be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Billick won a superbowl and he still sucks. That means Fox is half as good, or twice as bad. Pick one.

Oh ok you know more about football than a guy who's made the playoffs with three different qb's two of which weren't even good.

Oh ok you know more about football than a guy who's made the playoffs with three different qb's two of which weren't even good.

I never said that. I think he's a terrible headcoach, that's all. I'm sure he knows more about football considering he's been coaching for 150 years or so. That doesn't make him a good headcoach.

They've won the division with the worst pass defense in the NFL before. They are, unfortunately, still the team to beat.

Archived