Mauldin Video Interview

JetBlue

Man I hope this kid is as good a player as he is appears to be as a person because if so, we may have gotten the steal of this draft.  He is very bright and articulate and very easy to root for.    

He feels that he plays fast on the field and attributes his 4.8 combine time to being "heavy" at 260 llbs.  I think his best playing weight may be closer to 245-250; can't wait to see him on the field in pads...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/videos/videos/Mauldin_It_Doesnt_Stop_Here/7b34cfdb-8cfd-4157-b295-2145ad6f0abf

Thanks for the link!  Tear'em up Mr. Maudlin!

You're welcome; actually it is spelled MauLdin (pronounced Malden like the old actor from Streets of San Francisco) but I have butchered his name on numerous occasions too, lol. 

Karl-Malden-001.jpg

No relation :-) lol

It'll be interesting to see how he compares with the OLB's we could've had like Beasily in round 1 or Herold in round 3.

In our system with our DL and opposite Coples, he should see plenty of one on one match ups.  I like his chances in that scenario and think he could beat out Pace or Babin if he progresses quickly enough. 

Archived