Islanders at Barclays Center

Morrissey

I'm not an Isles fan but I thought the move to Brooklyn was a good thing that could insert some life into the franchise (I was probably wrong all they needed was John Tavaras), until I saw this seating chart. Barclay Center layout is just terrible for hockey, I can't believe the NHL would even allow one of their teams play in an arena set up like this. 30% of the seats are obstructed and/or not even usable. Only about 70% of the seats will have views of the entire rink. The grey seats can only see one goal and sold at reduced price and the white seats are so bad they wont even bother selling them at any price.

barclays-center-seating-chart.jpg

barclays.jpg

23-islanders-hockey-barclays-center.w529

23-islanders-hockey-barclays-center-3.w1

23-islanders-hockey-barclays-center-4.w1

photo-2-2.jpg

photo-1-2.jpg

That's crazy.

I'm confused, though.  Are those real pictures or are they artist's rendition with the game picks?  I don't remember them playing a game at Barclays.

they played a exhibition game at Barclays in September vs Devils

Hard to believe they didn't consider the potential for hockey when they designed the place.  Geez.  Even if they were getting college, minor league or exhibition games you think they would have figured in the size of the rink .

Yeah, it makes no sense because when they were building Barclays they were already talking about the Islanders coming.  It shouldn't have been that difficult because all they had to do was put retractable stands at both ends, rather than one.

Archived