Jets players: Todd Bowles couldn't be more different than Rex Ryan

JetBlue

the rexsession continues 

Its bizarre.  Why cant Bowles just be Bowles?  If they're polar opposites, why even compare them?  

I dont care what he's like or who was his mentor...all the sh*t is meaningless.  All that matters is can he coach?  All signs point to yes based off everything I'm reading and hear about the guy.  I didnt watch too much Arizona Cardinals this season but I did watch the playoff game and he had no answer for a terrible Panthers offense.  He should have more to work with here though.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its bizarre. Why cant Bowles just be Bowles? If they're polar opposites, why even compare them?

I dont care what he's like or who was his mentor...all the sh*t is meaningless. All that matters is can he coach? All signs point to yes based off everything I'm reading and hear about the guy. I didnt watch too much Arizona Cardinals this season but I did watch the playoff game and he had no answer for a terrible Panthers offense. He should have more to work with here though.

You suck

yawn..  Rex is the 2nd most successful coach in the history of our beleaguered franchise..  lets not suck each other off until we at least get a chance to see how Bowels handles the first preseason game. 

Its bizarre.  Why cant Bowles just be Bowles?  If they're polar opposites, why even compare them?  

I dont care what he's like or who was his mentor...all the sh*t is meaningless.  All that matters is can he coach?  All signs point to yes based off everything I'm reading and hear about the guy.  I didnt watch too much Arizona Cardinals this season but I did watch the playoff game and he had no answer for a terrible Panthers offense.  He should have more to work with here though.  

Bowles is Bowles.  Where are you reading that he isn't?  Why does everyone on this board bitch so much? 

It didn't really help the cause that the Cardinal offense had 78 total net yards and Lindley threw 2 picks.  The Cardinal D didn't play great that day for sure (Stewart was ripping off some big runs), but not sure you can pin that game on Bowles' D.

As a Bills fan,  I think that the Rex move to Buffalo is beneficial to both teams.   The Jets have just come off a 4 year draught with the same coach.  Even Rex admitted that Woody had to fire him after this past season.  I like what I read about Coach Bowles and GM Mac.  Bowles may be a man of few words but he also has a sense of humor. I think he has a lot of respect amongst players and the players will also know where the line is drawn. I don't see Geno Smith getting his time zones confused (what a crock) under Bowle's watch.    I think Mac is a genius.  

For the Bills,  Rex is a welcomed change over Marrone. After a 15 year draught,  we really need a coach that truly raises our spirits.   I love the way the Bills teams has shaped up and I think we were able to acquire men like McCoy, Clay, Harvin and Felton because of Rex.    I am really high on our OC, Greg Roman.   I did a lot of reading about Roman's history.  I can't wait to see his plays on the field.  Our O line was in dire need of Greg Roman,  

As a Bills fan,  I think that the Rex move to Buffalo is beneficial to both teams.   The Jets have just come off a 4 year draught with the same coach.  Even Rex admitted that Woody had to fire him after this past season.  I like what I read about Coach Bowles and GM Mac.  Bowles may be a man of few words but he also has a sense of humor. I think he has a lot of respect amongst players and the players will also know where the line is drawn. I don't see Geno Smith getting his time zones confused (what a crock) under Bowle's watch.    I think Mac is a genius.  

For the Bills,  Rex is a welcomed change over Marrone. After a 15 year draught,  we really need a coach that truly raises our spirits.   I love the way the Bills teams has shaped up and I think we were able to acquire men like McCoy, Clay, Harvin and Felton because of Rex.    I am really high on our OC, Greg Roman.   I did a lot of reading about Roman's history.  I can't wait to see his plays on the field.  Our O line was in dire need of Greg Roman,  

Stop right there.  Wrong. 

Man, I always forget how much the reporting this time of year sucks. Everything is fluff pieces. This year will be different! Here's the life story of a guy who won't even make the team! Woody Johnson! Dildos! Roger Goodell!

It's about time for the annual Chad Pennington's arm looks stronger then ever piece

Are you unhappy that Rex left the Jets? :winking0001:   Please explain your reasoning.  I'm curious.

Your happiness with Rex is based on low expectations.  You haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years, so the possibility you might get to one under Rex is exhilarating.  The fault with your logic is twofold: 

1) Based on the moves that have been made so far, the Bills won't be going to the playoffs.  Sorry.  When Rex arrived with the Jets, the roster was built with the best offensive line in the game and also had an elite corner (Revis) and some solid veterans in the Front 7 (Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas, Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins).  Your defense was a top 5 unit last year, so that's nice.  But your offensive line is a complete mess.  Instead you made a splashy move by getting Shady.  Cool, his 2.7 yards per carry will go far.

2) Making the playoffs isn't your highest goal.  It's winning a championship.  Rex will never, ever do this as a Head Coach.  Ever.

Man, I always forget how much the reporting this time of year sucks. Everything is fluff pieces. This year will be different! Here's the life story of a guy who won't even make the team! Woody Johnson! Dildos! Roger Goodell!

What do you have against fluff pieces?

Are you seriously, HONESTLY, telling me that you don't care who his influences are? Even though that is a MASSIVE factor in how he coaches?

Bowles is Bowles.  Where are you reading that he isn't?  Why does everyone on this board bitch so much? 

This is a thread about comparing Rex to Bowles.  

And who's bitching? 

What the **** is wrong with this board?  You cant even have a conversation anymore around here without this sh*t.  My god. Dare anyone say anything thats not peaches and cream about the Jets and your a whiny, bitching, SOJ fan.  And that didnt even happen. lol

Are you seriously, HONESTLY, telling me that you don't care who his influences are? Even though that is a MASSIVE factor in how he coaches?

No.  I dont.  How many Parcell's guys have failed?  How many BB guys have failed?  Happens all the time.  I could give 2 sh*ts who his influences are. 

Here and with other teams. Pats players were thrilled with the laid back PCarrol after Parcells. Loved the change, loved that they were now treated like men and as men soul police themselves..

Then loved the more stern Belichick who added discipline and accountability.

Your happiness with Rex is based on low expectations.  You haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years, so the possibility you might get to one under Rex is exhilarating.  The fault with your logic is twofold: 

1) Based on the moves that have been made so far, the Bills won't be going to the playoffs.  Sorry.  When Rex arrived with the Jets, the roster was built with the best offensive line in the game and also had an elite corner (Revis) and some solid veterans in the Front 7 (Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas, Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins).  Your defense was a top 5 unit last year, so that's nice.  But your offensive line is a complete mess.  Instead you made a splashy move by getting Shady.  Cool, his 2.7 yards per carry will go far.

2) Making the playoffs isn't your highest goal.  It's winning a championship.  Rex will never, ever do this as a Head Coach.  Ever.

The Bills finished 4th in NFL Defense (2014).  Our O Line has shaped up.    Charles Clay,  LeSean Mc Coy, Jerome Felton, Percy Harvin, Richie Incognito -  I think we will go 11-5 this year

Fast forward 5 or 6 years and we will be reading about how the next guy is a much more thorough communicator and nothing is left unsaid. As a Jet fan, I read this same article every four or five years.

Said it a few months ago that Bowles continues the Jets trend that started when they went from Groh to Herm.

Groh- Parcelss disciple....football guy who was all business

Herm- Everyone was glad to have a motivational speaker instead of the bland Groh.  Players were going to run through walls for him.

Mangini- Belichick Disciple...Enough of the windbag Herm, all he does is talk.  We need a guy who's all business.

Rex- Everyone was glad to have a motivational speaker instead of the bland Mangini.  Players were going to run through walls for him.

Bowles- Parcells/Groh disciple...Enough of the windbag Rex, all he does is talk.  We need a guy who's all business.

Stonehands is simply saying the cycle will continue.

Parcells/groh - tough

Herm - softy

Mangini - tough

Rex- softy

Bowles - tough

Why does reality always get mixed up with negativity?

Reality my ass, you negative nannies are just miserable. Take up another sport in Sunday's and spare us!

Archived