Something else to look forward to: The Geno/Harvin/Marshal effect

LIJetsFan

The really sad thing is the OP seems to have put a bit of effort into his convoluted theory and actually believes it.   It won't be long before the Geno/Harvin/Marshall Effect takes its rightful place in the world of Hyper Physics. 

Geno can not go through his progressions. Coupled with his poor accuracy and slow delivery, I just don't see any way that he could ever become a good starting QB. I'll be really disappointed if he starts any games this year. I don't even think that a close QB competition between he and Fitzgerald should secure Geno the starting job. Fitzgerald should go into camp as the starter, and Geno should have to blow him away to be the starter. Fizgerald knows the offense and will turn over the ball at a much lower rate - with our loaded defense you have to start him.

The really sad thing is the OP seems to have put a bit of effort into his convoluted theory and actually believes it.   It won't be long before the Geno/Harvin/Marshall Effect takes its rightful place in the world of Hyper Physics

nah, you can't get there from here :)

Not really an argument for Sanchez. He had Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery and a receiving TE with Keller along with a top running game and sucked.

Uhm no

In 2012 the leading wr was Kerley for the sanchize 

The other were hill, shilens, Powell, (Edwards for cpl games but was jag by then)

Even te sucked

He was way worse off than Geno last year

Uhm no

In 2012 the leading wr was Kerley for the sanchize

The other were hill, shilens, Powell, (Edwards for cpl games but was jag by then)

Even te sucked

He was way worse off than Geno last year

Who cares about 2012? He had Bray, Santonio etc in 2010. And he was a third year QB with an extra year of experience. And was nowhere near a good QB

I gotta say it's great to hear Marshall is so committed he's living with Geno. I could NEVER picture Holmes being that committed to his QB and team.

I really believe Geno has a chance to start double digit games this year and win more than he loses with this group of talent surrounding him and a defense as well. If special teams can make plays like they did during our playoff runs then this team can be very dangerous.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

How about that game when Geno was running a 0 read offense, think it was the Bills game when he just threw it to Harvin no matter what. I think Harvin was even triple teamed on one of the picks he threw. That was one of the oddest QB performances that I've ever seen.

How about that game when Geno was running a 0 read offense, think it was the Bills game when he just threw it to Harvin no matter what. I think Harvin was even triple teamed on one of the picks he threw. That was one of the oddest QB performances that I've ever seen.

yeah, I don't think Geno was that bad last year, except for that game.

That game was unexplainable.

The new regime has no ties to any of these QBs. Trading a future seventh rounder doesn't commit them to Fitzpatrick, spending a fourth on Petty doesn't anoint him the QB of the future And Geno is just a leftover. They'll have an open competition, at least between Geno and Fitz, and play the winner. I really don't see why they'd have any motivation to stack the deck in either direction. This is what people want from the new staff, let's see how it plays out.

The new regime has no ties to any of these QBs. Trading a future seventh rounder doesn't commit them to Fitzpatrick, spending a fourth on Petty doesn't anoint him the QB of the future And Geno is just a leftover. They'll have an open competition, at least between Geno and Fitz, and play the winner. I really don't see why they'd have any motivation to stack the deck in either direction. This is what people want from the new staff, let's see how it plays out.

Exactly, if the weapons argument holds up then Geno should show all this improvement during preseason.  If not then Fitz probably beats him out for the starting spot and all's good. 

After watching A FOOTBALL LIFE with Brandon Marshall I'm still a little worried about Marshalls mental state & how he'll respond if we don't get off to a good start.

He still seems like a ticking time bomb & that all of his issues express themselves in DOWN times.

Even AFTER he was diagnosed with Personality disorder he was lobbying Cutler to get him the ball. I know that WRs lobby but I can see Geno forcing the ball if he's being pressured by Marshall to find him all the time.

Time will tell.

I cannot find the link but it was reported at the time that Geno was told to do that. Just throw it to Harvin. That is how badly he was coached.

I cannot find the link but it was reported at the time that Geno was told to do that. Just throw it to Harvin. That is how badly he was coached.

Geno Smith will sit on the bench for just the second game of his career Sunday when the New York Jets host the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The quarterback was yanked in Week 8 after throwing three terrible picks and was inactive last week against the Kansas City Chiefs.

While the front office is still invested in its second-round pick and wants to know whether he can be the future franchise quarterback, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said on NFL GameDay First that there is a fear that coaches might have stunted Smith's growth by dictating the quarterback's reads.

"Usually a quarterback is able to drop back, go through his reads then deliver the ball. I am told that Geno Smith was informed of his reads, told, 'You need to throw the ball here on certain plays,'" Rapoport said. "The most egregious example came on an interception on a pass intended for Percy Harvin that Stephon Gilmore, the Bills corner, picked off. Smith was told; 'This is where you need to throw the ball.' And obviously, for a quarterback who is now taking a breather last game and this game, may have hurt his development a little bit."

It's certainly an indictment on Smith's growth that coaches didn't trust him enough to make the proper reads. However, it's an even bigger indictment on a coaching staff that would insist on predetermining reads and throws pre-snap. The approach also partially explains why Smith seemed to regress this season.

Rex Ryan and his staff appear on the way out after an 1-8 start, and, while we love Ryan as a defensive play-caller, he has never quite gotten the offensive side figured out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me just ask all of you Geno defenders one simple question. Do you think that Geno Smith is a good enough QB to win the next Super Bowl in Feb. 2016? Can you guys honestly envision the sight of New York Jets starting quarterback Geno Smith hoisting the Lombardi Trophy over his head with everything that we all know now about his abilities right now?

Let me just ask all of you Geno defenders one simple question. Do you think that Geno Smith is a good enough QB to win the next Super Bowl in Feb. 2016? Can you guys honestly envision the sight of New York Jets starting quarterback Geno Smith hoisting the Lombardi Trophy over his head with everything that we all know now about his abilities right now?

Geez, before you start with this sh!te, please tell me what QB options this team has this year? Either Geno improves with a beefed up WR corps or he doesn't.  It's not like we're sticking with him despite the many other QB options we have.  

After two years with a depleted WR corps in his first year, and an improved WR corps, (Decker),  that was hurt much of the season, I am not sure what Geno's capabilities are.  I do know that in both seasons, he improved when the best receiver came into the lineup.  One more thing: success breeds confidence which breeds more success.  It's amazing how much one or two great plays by the receiver corps improves any QB's accuracy and decision making.

After two years with a depleted WR corps in his first year, and an improved WR corps, (Decker),  that was hurt much of the season, I am not sure what Geno's capabilities are.  I do know that in both seasons, he improved when the best receiver came into the lineup.  One more thing: success breeds confidence which breeds more success.  It's amazing how much one or two great plays by the receiver corps improves any QB's accuracy and decision making.

Perfect answer.

So what happened?

Well, we biased the statistics so that the negative numbers weren't included in the aggregate, which gave us the positive results we were looking for. So fear not, Jets fans!

exactly RJF, just like they all tried to do last summer, "If you take Geno's last 8 games then you'll see that you have a great QB" 

Geez, before you start with this sh!te, please tell me what QB options this team has this year? Either Geno improves with a beefed up WR corps or he doesn't.  It's not like we're sticking with him despite the many other QB options we have.  

you didn't answer the question bro, answer my question and then ask yours.

KW-do YOU think that Geno Smith with the new OC, new system, new HC and Brandon Marshall along with Decker and the speedster we drafted as well as Kerley and our TE corps, do you think that Geno Smith is going to be good enough to win the SB because THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME. I'm sick of seeing improvement I want to see the Jets win a SB and yes, I think they have a better shot with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB and that he has the tools and the smarts to win a Super Bowl. I can never see Geno Smith winning the next Super Bowl game

you didn't answer the question bro, answer my question and then ask yours.

Can I see Geno hoisting the Lombardi, no.  If the weapons hypothesis turns out to be correct I can see him getting us to the post season though.

A few years back Alex Smith was available.  He was our chance at a franchise type guy and we blew it.  Never went after him.  I haven't seen another worthwhile QB become available in like forever.

So who's your guy that we missed? The guy you prefer 100% no doubt over our current Geno/Fitz duo?

No one, that's right not one QB worth a crap has been available to this team so we have to make due till one comes along.  I don't care if it's Geno or Fitz as long as there is an honest competition.  He point of the OP article was to simply point out that Geno might be the guy. 

Can I see Geno hoisting the Lombardi, no.  If the weapons hypothesis turns out to be correct I can see him getting us to the post season though.

A few years back Alex Smith was available.  He was our chance at a franchise type guy and we blew it.  Never went after him.  I haven't seen another worthwhile QB become available in like forever.

So who's your guy that we missed? The guy you prefer 100% no doubt over our current Geno/Fitz duo?

No one, that's right not one QB worth a crap has been available to this team so we have to make due till one comes along.  I don't care if it's Geno or Fitz as long as there is an honest competition.  He point of the OP article was to simply point out that Geno WILL NEVER be the guy. 

and that is ALL that matters bro-anything else other than a SB as far as I'm concerned is failure and I'm sick of it, you should be too. Look, I don't know how old you are or how long you've been a fan of this team, me, I'm almost 60-a YOUNG still stupid 60 and I was in the 8th grade when we watched the Jets win the Super Bowl, I want to see another one or more before I die. I'm running out of chances to see it. For this Jets fan it's Super Bowl or nothing. Do you know that 90% of the people who post here and who posted at JI have NEVER seen the Jets in the SB? That is sad. You guys have no idea what the last time they won it was like. They turned that city upside down, unlike ANYTHING the Giants have ever been able to do. The closest I'd say was the 1978 Yankees 

After watching A FOOTBALL LIFE with Brandon Marshall I'm still a little worried about Marshalls mental state & how he'll respond if we don't get off to a good start.

He still seems like a ticking time bomb & that all of his issues express themselves in DOWN times.

Even AFTER he was diagnosed with Personality disorder he was lobbying Cutler to get him the ball. I know that WRs lobby but I can see Geno forcing the ball if he's being pressured by Marshall to find him all the time.

Time will tell.

That is funny because I came away with the exact opposite feeling.  I am excited to have someone that motivated in our locker room, especially when he has the talent to back it up.  Bowles has history with Marshall and I don't foresee any issues whatsoever.   Btw him lobbying Cutler to get him the ball is not a bad thing to me and that was a totally different situation.   This is a new chapter in his career and possibly his last team.  I can't see him doing or being anything other than a good soldier.  The guy has never made the playoffs and is not getting any younger.   This year he has a chance to do so and he is going to be a monster for us. 

and that is ALL that matters bro-anything else other than a SB as far as I'm concerned is failure and I'm sick of it, you should be too. Look, I don't know how old you are or how long you've been a fan of this team, me, I'm almost 60-a YOUNG still stupid 60 and I was in the 8th grade when we watched the Jets win the Super Bowl, I want to see another one or more before I die. I'm running out of chances to see it. For this Jets fan it's Super Bowl or nothing. Do you know that 90% of the people who post here and who posted at JI have NEVER seen the Jets in the SB? That is sad. You guys have no idea what the last time they won it was like. They turned that city upside down, unlike ANYTHING the Giants have ever been able to do. The closest I'd say was the 1978 Yankees 

Can I say I envision Geno holding up the Lombardi trophy next February?  No.  Do I say it will never happen?  No.  I've seen some QBs suck a big one for years, highly rated ones coming out of college, and then finally get it. Terry Bradshaw was a bust until he turned it around and led the team to four Super Bowls.  Heck, the first year they went to the playoffs, in the playoff game, the coach pulled him for ineffectiveness and put in Joe Gilliam.  Then pulled Gillian and put in Terry Hanratty.  Then finally put in Bradshaw again.  Not exactly a vote of confidence.  Then Bradshaw turned it around.

How about Jim Plunkett?  Sucked at New England for years-hell, after he left New England went to the Super Bowl.  Goes to SF and gets cut by his college coach.  Then wins two Super Bowls.  And the list goes on.

IF Geno beats out Fitzpatrick, (he might not), then we'll see how he does with a full set of NFL quality receivers for the first time.  There were no QBs available better than Fitzpatrick anyway, so we have nothing to lose.  I think we've given the kid sh*t to work with his first two years, nobody else is available, let's see how he does.  If he flops, draft the best QB next year.

Jim Plunkett and Terry Bradshaw...it was a completely different game back in the 70's and 80's than it is today. We're talking 14 game seasons when a running game was mandatory and the NFL's tag line was Defense Wins Championships. Today it might as well be only teams with elite QBs win championships

Rex trying to show off his new toy . 3 consecutive deep ball attempts to a Reciever who is that great at going deep .

After two years with a depleted WR corps in his first year, and an improved WR corps, (Decker), that was hurt much of the season, I am not sure what Geno's capabilities are. I do know that in both seasons, he improved when the best receiver came into the lineup. One more thing: success breeds confidence which breeds more success. It's amazing how much one or two great plays by the receiver corps improves any QB's accuracy and decision making.

Great post . Couldn't sum it up better

Archived