Maybe it's time to Kick Pats out of NFL

afosomf

Let Kraft Sue the NFL,  The 31 owners should vote to disband Pats franchise.  Krafty is embarrassing the entire NFL Shield. Create a new Franchise in LA. 

Everytime a Pats fan tweets they lose a 1000 brain cells. Let them boycott lol

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt kick the team out of the NFL but I would try to change ownership for sure. What the Patriots have done the past decade and a half was either outright cheat or undermine game rules, and there's literally not one of their 4 championships that isnt under some sort of scrutiny based on their actions. And it would be one thing for it to simply be fans who are a bit salty about their dominance, but when you have HOF players like Marshall Faulk who have gone on record about his feelings of being cheated out of a championship, when you have Patrick Peterson tweeting, Richard Sherman calling out personal relationships during SB week it shows that this situation has been allowed by the owner and has been allowed to spin out of control by the NFL. 

What Kraft has done is much worst than what a guy like Donald Sterling did. Sterling spoke his feelings and opinions to his then-girlfriend in a conversation that he thought was private. The type of response by the NBA was enormous. And though I viewed Sterlings comments more as ridiculous than anything else, it didnt damage the games integrity. I did understand that many players probably wouldnt have wanted to play for a guy that they considered a racist and it would have made the NBA look bad as a whole. What Kraft has done is cast a cloud of doubt over the NFL and whether the games that we see are in some way favored towards particular teams/organizations. And given that half the rules are broken and the other rules are bent in favor of guys like Tom Brady (looking at Brady wrong will warrant a 15 yard penalty), it has gotten to the point where players in the league are even feeling some sort of way. We have gone from players trying to play for the Patriots, to players "not a Patriot" criticizing the team/organization for their suspect actions, while the NFL seems to look the other way (Goodell).

Change ownership, management and coaching. 

I agree in so many respects even though the OPay have been tongue and cheek.

The truth is that the Pats attempts to play close to the line on a consistent basis has hurt the game. Even on those occasions when they haven't literally broken a rule the spirit of the rule was compromised.

Al Davis wanted the best for his team but he always attempted in the main to play by the rules. The Pats seek to exploit the rules and have IMO diminished the NFL.

I wouldnt kick the team out of the NFL but I would try to change ownership for sure. What the Patriots have done the past decade and a half was either outright cheat or undermine game rules, and there's literally not one of their 4 championships that isnt under some sort of scrutiny based on their actions. And it would be one thing for it to simply be fans who are a bit salty about their dominance, but when you have HOF players like Marshall Faulk who have gone on record about his feelings of being cheated out of a championship, when you have Patrick Peterson tweeting, Richard Sherman calling out personal relationships during SB week it shows that this situation has been allowed by the owner and has been allowed to spin out of control by the NFL. 

What Kraft has done is much worst than what a guy like Donald Sterling did. Sterling spoke his feelings and opinions to his then-girlfriend in a conversation that he thought was private. The type of response by the NBA was enormous. And though I viewed Sterlings comments more as ridiculous than anything else, it didnt damage the games integrity. I did understand that many players probably wouldnt have wanted to play for a guy that they considered a racist and it would have made the NBA look bad as a whole. What Kraft has done is cast a cloud of doubt over the NFL and whether the games that we see are in some way favored towards particular teams/organizations. And given that half the rules are broken and the other rules are bent in favor of guys like Tom Brady (looking a Brady wrong will warrant a 15 yard penalty), it has gotten to the point where players in the league are even feeling some sort of way. We have gone from players trying to play for the Patriots, to players "not a Patriot" criticizing the team/organization for their suspect actions, while the NFL seems to look the other way (Goodell).

Really?

What Kraft did was cast a cloud of doubt over the competency of the comissioner.  You know the one that probably has a 100 threads  on this board  with another million plus posts on this board calling him an idiot or worse.

If Goodell is as bad as everyone says he is, why would Kraft just bend over and take it. 

The truth is that the Pats attempts to play close to the line on a consistent basis has hurt the game. Even on those occasions when they haven't literally broken a rule the spirit of the rule was compromised.

Al Davis wanted the best for his team but he always attempted in the main to play by the rules. The Pats seek to exploit the rules and have IMO diminished the NFL.

"Just win baby" sounds like a guy that played by the rules.  Really?

Ahh i dont know about all that with the pats. Spygate, all teams(or most teams) were doing it. A memo was sent out to everyone not to do it and the pats cont.(f'ing dumb)

The way they sub. during that ravens game was totally legal.

And now...all QBs like their footballs a certain away in fact brady n p.manning both asked the nfl in the past to allow them doctrine the balls to their liking

..obviously it wasnt allowed..

The pats arent out here really destroying the game of football now. There are plenty of players doing worse than what the pats are doing..will did.

I think Brady lied and all these excuses n appeals are all b.s. but you actually gotta remove you're hate for them to realiz much worse has happened. Bounty gate is still worse than anything the pats have done.

Really?

What Kraft did was cast a cloud of doubt over the competency of the comissioner.  You know the one that probably has a 100 threads  on this board  with another million plus posts on this board calling him an idiot or worse.

If Goodell is as bad as everyone says he is, why would Kraft just bend over and take it. 

I dont understand the highlighted part. What is Kraft allegedly not willing to take? Elaborate so I can respond. 

Really?

That was called spygate, this is more the commissioner trying to get back some sort of self respect before he gets fired because he's been bent over a barrel by Kraft since he got the job.

Really?

What Kraft did was cast a cloud of doubt over the competency of the comissioner. You know the one that probably has a 100 threads on this board with another million plus posts on this board calling him an idiot or worse.

Cast a cloud of doubt? He keeps screaming there isn't proof and there is no smoking gun. There doesn't need to be a smoking gun. You have employees who took air out of balls for their QB. Unless you believe the idiotic contention that they were joking in their texts. You have text to the QB. Joking again? Or you're an idiot and think they acted on their own. And Tammy can't tell the difference in a properly inflated ball and a deflated ball.

Then there's circumstantial evidence. Apparently some new concept that hasn't hit the NE area. As if it doesn't count or common sense doeent count either. You have a QB and team that wouldn't cooperate with an investigation to clear the accusations but now wants to defend themselves through letters and Peter King. You have an accused cheater that still to this day hasn't said a word in his defense. An owner who endorsed Wells when he was selected and then attacked him when Wells didn't roll over for him. An owner who said he would take the penalty, if any, but now is crying everywhere that he won't accept his medicine.

And of course Kraft made everyone think when he said Tommy wouldn't lie to him. Lol, there's a defense that works.

Only thing Kraft clouded was the already clouded Pats fans who are sick of having their teams titles tainted and their fan boy hung out to dry for being a cheater

Ahh i dont know about all that with the pats. Spygate, all teams(or most teams) were doing it. A memo was sent out to everyone not to do it and the pats cont.(f'ing dumb)

The way they sub. during that ravens game was totally legal.

And now...all QBs like their footballs a certain away in fact brady n p.manning both asked the nfl in the past to allow them doctrine the balls to their liking

..obviously it wasnt allowed..

The pats arent out here really destroying the game of football now. There are plenty of players doing worse than what the pats are doing..will did.

I think Brady lied and all these excuses n appeals are all b.s. but you actually gotta remove you're hate for them to realiz much worse has happened. Bounty gate is still worse than anything the pats have done.

You show me the tapes for spygate and then I will agree what the Pats were doing didn't go directly to the integrity of the game.

First all teams weren't doing it!! The Jets were not illegally taping anyone's practices. Maybe we should have been.....☺️ But we weren't.

And Spygate was highly telling in my opinion. I have been on enough cases to know when a person says they destroyed the evidence they didn't do it because there was nothing there. You don't do it because it exonerates you and you don't do it because everyone else was doing it. That is NFL PR spin and you can believe what you will but I know better. Don't think I know. I know and will leave it at that.

As far as bounty gate goes that was bad. I agree.

The only thing I have a problem with is we are watching football which is a hurt game. And anyone one doesn't believe that is fooling themselves.

It is sort of like watching a boxing match and saying I hope that no one gets hurt. A knockout for example means someone is getting hurt. Ummmmm that is part of the lure of the event. So when people watch boxing and saying I hope no one gets hurt. They really mean I hope that that no one gets killed or per entry injured.

In the same way the physicality of football is a major part of how the game has been sold. So to me it is a little hypocritical for folks to say WHAT!!! What!!! There is actual violence going on out here and people were paying to "hurt folks".

What do you think that LT and Decon Jones were doing when they were hitting folks? They were hurting them.

The key to me in Bounty Gate was the Saints went to far crossing the line of hurt to injure or mame. That was to far and guess what the league heavily punished the team for that outrageous infraction.

In the Pats case the Pats have been protected by the league and are actively seeking out to either undermine or circumvent the rules. All the while that their players Brady in particular has gotten special protection from the league. And they do so knowingly with an intent at circumvention.

Brady the week before mocked the Ravens for "not knowing the rules" when all fans knew they were trying to circumvent the intent of the rules

As I have said elsewhere under the Pats brand of ethics they could taint their opponents water with a diuretics and because it isn't in the rule book it would be ok. We don't need a rule book of 10 million pages. And they are quick to imply the rule book against other teams when they see an infraction No matter how minor that can exploit.

Hypocrisy. And when they are caught they squel like a stuck pig. Disgraceful.

We just need organizations upstanding enough to abide by the spirit as well as the letter of the rules. And this is something the Pats are simply unwilling to do.

What Kraft has done is much worst than what a guy like Donald Sterling did. Sterling spoke his feelings and opinions to his then-girlfriend in a conversation that he thought was private. The type of response by the NBA was enormous. And though I viewed Sterlings comments more as ridiculous than anything else, it didnt damage the games integrity. I did understand that many players probably wouldnt have wanted to play for a guy that they considered a racist and it would have made the NBA look bad as a whole. What Kraft has done is cast a cloud of doubt over the NFL and whether the games that we see are in some way favored towards particular teams/organizations. And given that half the rules are broken and the other rules are bent in favor of guys like Tom Brady (looking a Brady wrong will warrant a 15 yard penalty), it has gotten to the point where players in the league are even feeling some sort of way. We have gone from players trying to play for the Patriots, to players "not a Patriot" criticizing the team/organization for their suspect actions, while the NFL seems to look the other way (Goodell).

Well said but I think kicking them out is more fun.

If this was the Olympic 100 meters race would anyone stand still and accept it if one Athlete was gifting himself a 5 meter head start in every race?

This is ridiculous.  The Patriots are a cheating organization who have now been caught cheating for at least the 2nd time.  "At least".. Hopefully they do take this to court and we can all get to see how far up the organizational rot has spread.  Anyone who thinks this is just Tom Brady is kidding themselves.

You show me the tapes for spygate and then I will agree what the Pats were doing didn't go directly to the integrity of the game.

First all teams weren't doing it!! The Jets were not illegally taping anyone's practices. Maybe we should have been.....☺️ But we weren't.

And Spygate was highly telling in my opinion. I have been on enough cases to know when a person says they destroyed the evidence they didn't do it because there was nothing there. You don't do it because it exonerates you and you don't do it because everyone else was doing it. That is NFL PR spin and you can believe what you will but I know better. Don't think I know. I know and will leave it at that.

As far as bounty gate goes that was bad. I agree.

The only thing I have a problem with is we are watching football which is a hurt game. And anyone one doesn't believe that is fooling themselves.

It is sort of like watching a boxing match and saying I hope that no one gets hurt. A knockout for example means someone is getting hurt. Ummmmm that is part of the lure of the event. So when people watch boxing and saying I hope no one gets hurt. They really mean I hope that that no one gets killed or per entry injured.

In the same way the physicality of football is a major part of how the game has been sold. So to me it is a little hypocritical for folks to say WHAT!!! What!!! There is actual violence going on out here and people were paying to "hurt folks".

What do you think that LT and Decon Jones were doing when they were hitting folks? They were hurting them.

The key to me in Bounty Gate was the Saints went to far crossing the line of hurt to injure or mame. That was to far and guess what the league heavily punished the team for that outrageous infraction.

In the Pats case the Pats have been protected by the league and are actively seeking out to either undermine or circumvent the rules. All the while that their players Brady in particular has gotten special protection from the league. And they do so knowingly with an intent at circumvention.

Brady the week before mocked the Ravens for "not knowing the rules" when all fans knew they were trying to circumvent the intent of the rules

As I have said elsewhere under the Pats brand of ethics they could taint their opponents water with a diuretics and because it isn't in the rule book it would be ok. We don't need a rule book of 10 million pages. And they are quick to imply the rule book against other teams when they see an infraction No matter how minor that can exploit.

Hypocrisy. And when they are caught they squel like a stuck pig. Disgraceful.

We just need organizations upstanding enough to abide by the spirit as well as the letter of the rules. And this is something the Pats are simply unwilling to do.

First off, in the case of spygate, i said "most teams" were taping from opposites sideline in some capacity. 1. That is not saying all teams were doing it and 2. it was legal to do so prior to the memo, once the memo was sent out THAN the pats were stupid enough to continue on doing it. These are all is facts and documented. I'm sure if you look online you will see the chain of events i'm discussing to you now, and although the NFL destroyed the tapes, I can recall espn showing what was on some of those tapes, and some exes. saying they knew the pats were doing it, they even waved to the camera guy on some of those tapes.

also 07 to this point now should of prove to you they pats didnt need those tapes, also Bill Cowher and a host of others have systematically talked about much "spygate" wasn't an big issue and how other teams have done it and were doing it in years past, again as i said, the pats were just stupid to continue on doing it.

and on deflating the balls as many on here know how i feel about it, it's was not a big deal if Brady just came out and said something, but the pats are making it more of an issue and I would expect jet fans, and fans who hate the pats to turn it into the crime of the century.... comes with the territory, but any logically thinking person can put this all in perceptive and I know many have twitter accounts (as an example). There's not an over whelming out cry from fans and players negatively about the pats. Yeah there are quite a few, but not enough to label "deflategate" a american sports tragedy like Pete Rose or *insert whatever athlete* committing murder or breaking a law and went to jail for it.

I don't know, maybe cuz the Pats* cheated? Again? Runs in that organization to be honest. Only reason Goodell is incompetent is because he doesn't do much to shut the Pats* down from cheating again. You know those Pats* are gonna do it again. Its been known for  years Belicheat will exploit every advantage he can to win the game, within the rules....or not.

tumblr_mxk978LRsP1sqjfsno1_400.gif

Kraft has more power than anybody else in football, that includes Goodell who's on his payroll, and the rest of the dumbass owners who can barely talk, let alone speak up against somebody like Kraft. The only guy who does (somewhat) is Woody.

How about if we just put the whole franchise on IGNORE? No posting any threads about them or any Pats players past or current. Let's start smaller, like right here at JetNation, then we can start to work on a higher plane after that.

tumblr_mxk978LRsP1sqjfsno1_400.gif

Kraft has more power than anybody else in football, that includes Goodell who's on his payroll, and the rest of the dumbass owners who can barely talk, let alone speak up against somebody like Kraft. The only guy who does (somewhat) is Woody.

I wouldn't be so sure ballhawk.  I doubt we would be here now unless there was a sea change in the sentiment of the other 31 owners.  The fact that the original punishment came down at all is telling me that the other owners finally got tired of the cheating and they wanted to send a message, a very strong message indeed to Bob Kraft.

The fact that he needed a back channel meeting to have that new reality explained to him is a little disappointing.

I wouldn't be so sure ballhawk.  I doubt we would be here now unless there was a sea change in the sentiment of the other 31 owners.  The fact that the original punishment came down at all is telling me that the other owners finally got tired of the cheating and they wanted to send a message, a very strong message indeed to Bob Kraft.

The fact that he needed a back channel meeting to have that new reality explained to him is a little disappointing.

<hoping that Brady does not get the message and continues the fight and/or that the equipment guys come clean and implicate management too>

That was called spygate, this is more the commissioner trying to get back some sort of self respect before he gets fired because he's been bent over a barrel by Kraft since he got the job.

Not really working for him.

Cast a cloud of doubt? He keeps screaming there isn't proof and there is no smoking gun. There doesn't need to be a smoking gun. You have employees who took air out of balls for their QB. Unless you believe the idiotic contention that they were joking in their texts. You have text to the QB. Joking again? Or you're an idiot and think they acted on their own. And Tammy can't tell the difference in a properly inflated ball and a deflated ball.

Then there's circumstantial evidence. Apparently some new concept that hasn't hit the NE area. As if it doesn't count or common sense doeent count either. You have a QB and team that wouldn't cooperate with an investigation to clear the accusations but now wants to defend themselves through letters and Peter King. You have an accused cheater that still to this day hasn't said a word in his defense. An owner who endorsed Wells when he was selected and then attacked him when Wells didn't roll over for him. An owner who said he would take the penalty, if any, but now is crying everywhere that he won't accept his medicine.

And of course Kraft made everyone think when he said Tommy wouldn't lie to him. Lol, there's a defense that works.

Only thing Kraft clouded was the already clouded Pats fans who are sick of having their teams titles tainted and their fan boy hung out to dry for being a cheater

There is no smoking gun.  It is all circumstantial.

Now with that being said, I am not a fanboy who thinks Brady is innocent.  I do not think he intended for what happened, but likely instructed them to get the balls to 12.5 and they went too far.  So he is responsible.

I do not think the team and Belichick should be held responsible, but I understand the "lack of institutional control" punishment. 

I don't know, maybe cuz the Pats* cheated? Again? Runs in that organization to be honest. Only reason Goodell is incompetent is because he doesn't do much to shut the Pats* down from cheating again. You know those Pats* are gonna do it again. Its been known for  years Belicheat will exploit every advantage he can to win the game, within the rules....or not.

What did the team do?  Nothing.

A player did something, but not the team or coach who orchestrated the last violation.

How about if we just put the whole franchise on IGNORE? No posting any threads about them or any Pats players past or current. Let's start smaller, like right here at JetNation, then we can start to work on a higher plane after that.

Great idea with PatsFanTXTROLL banned this place is so much better

Now with that being said, I am not a fanboy who thinks Brady is innocent.  I do not think he intended for what happened, but likely instructed them to get the balls to 12.5 and they went too far.  So he is responsible.

I do not think the team and Belichick should be held responsible, but I understand the "lack of institutional control" punishment. 

so you are not a fanboy, but it was the rogue ballboy ? 

brady is a cheat and a liar

the sooner you accept that the sooner you can begin to heal

disagree having ballballs go into terlet to deflate footballs goes way past circumstantial.  Mumbles and Brady also knew that in real cold days balls set at lowest threshold would also deflate way past acceptable limits,  They have been doing this sh1t for yrs

i say we kick their a$$ every time we play them we got the D to do it and put a hit on Brady every time we get a chance not dirty just a good hit until he gets so sick of loosing to us that he goes away.GO JETS!!!

Yeah they made a mistake. He had nothing to do with it.

Problem is the balls were legal when the refs inspected them and were illegal after Brady's boys took the. Into the bathroom.

But hey, won't stop Pats apologists from inventing new idiotic theories of how their man is innocent.

He cheated and got caught. Get over it. Circumstantial evidence is, duh, evidence.

What did the team do? Nothing.

A player did something, but not the team or coach who orchestrated the last violation.

A pizza delivery guy decides he wants to take a slice out of the pizza before delivering it. Customer calls and tells the pizza shop manager about the missing slice. Should the manager bend down and take it like a man or threaten the customer to apologize if it's a lie?

Get the point? Organization is ultimately responsible for any actions of their employees, especially if it's adding value to it...unethically.

so you are not a fanboy, but it was the rogue ballboy ? 

brady is a cheat and a liar

the sooner you accept that the sooner you can begin to heal

What part of this did you not understand?

I do not think he intended for what happened, but likely instructed them to get the balls to 12.5 and they went too far. So he is responsible.

disagree having ballballs go into terlet to deflate footballs goes way past circumstantial.  Mumbles and Brady also knew that in real cold days balls set at lowest threshold would also deflate way past acceptable limits,  They have been doing this sh1t for yrs

Lets just say they did, then why isn't there a league rule that says when it is at X degrees when the refs do their check, the minimum ball PSI is now this due to the Ideal Gas Law.

I will wait for the answer, but do not bother because you know you are full of sh*t.

Yeah they made a mistake. He had nothing to do with it.

Problem is the balls were legal when the refs inspected them and were illegal after Brady's boys took the. Into the bathroom.

But hey, won't stop Pats apologists from inventing new idiotic theories of how their man is innocent.

He cheated and got caught. Get over it. Circumstantial evidence is, duh, evidence.

What part of this did you not understand?

I do not think he intended for what happened, but likely instructed them to get the balls to 12.5 and they went too far. So he is responsible.

A pizza delivery guy decides he wants to take a slice out of the pizza before delivering it. Customer calls and tells the pizza shop manager about the missing slice. Should the manager bend down and take it like a man or threaten the customer to apologize if it's a lie?

Get the point? Organization is ultimately responsible for any actions of their employees, especially if it's adding value to it...unethically.

Which why I said I understand the "lack of instituitional control" aspect of the penalty.

Archived