Maybe it's time to Kick Pats out of NFL

afosomf

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than being there fraudulently in the first place you mean?

You have to admit, it's at least a little inconvenient that the Patriots won that game.  The Patriots cheater train would have even more momentum if the Seahawks had beaten -- or even blown out -- the Patriots.   

Other than being there fraudulently in the first place you mean?

Remember when Martha Stewart went to jail for 5 months for lying about a stock trade?? The funny thing is had she just kept the stock she would have doubled her money in a year.. Pats are a talented team that doesn't need to cheat they just have to take everything to the line and then cross it.. They bring all their troubles on themselves..

You have to admit, it's at least a little inconvenient that the Patriots won that game.  The Patriots cheater train would have even more momentum if the Seahawks had beaten -- or even blown out -- the Patriots.

Why is it inconvenient?

A team can be capable of winning without cheating, yet still cheat anyway.

Failing to win the SB in the absence of (known) cheating may have made known cheating look even more ridiculous. But in the end, it's ultimately irrelevant to the charges, investigation, and penalties handed down. Alleging they would have won anyway is not a justification for obviously and knowingly cheating in the first place. Particularly when it's (directly or indirectly) a repeat offender.

Why is it inconvenient?

Failing to win the SB in the absence of (known) cheating may have made known cheating look even more ridiculous. But in the end, it's ultimately irrelevant to the charges, investigation, and penalties handed down. Alleging they would have won anyway is not a justification for obviously and knowingly cheating in the first place. Particularly when it's (directly or indirectly) a repeat offender.

It is inconvenient only if you want to make more grandiose pronouncements about the cheating than you are making.  If Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire went through an entire season late in their careers weighing 175 pounds and with heads no longer the size of Bolivia and still each hit 70+ home runs, I think that the narrative about them would be materially different than if they did that and turned into the second coming of Shooty Babitt.    

It is inconvenient only if you want to make more grandiose pronouncements about the cheating than you are making.  If Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire went through an entire season late in their careers weighing 175 pounds and with heads no longer the size of Bolivia and still each hit 70+ home runs, I think that the narrative about them would be materially different than if they did that and turned into the second coming of Shooty Babitt.    

Not really. Other than Patriots fans or other such ostriches, no one seriously believes that they've been caught in every way they've actually been cheating all these years.

Not really. Other than Patriots fans or other such ostriches, no one seriously believes that they've been caught in every way they've actually been cheating all these years.

agree. I am sure there is SO much more. 

You are making two different points.  How did they cheat in the Super Bowl?  

They are known cheaters, already busted twice. I'm sure there are other ways these convicted cheaters were cheating. Its in their DNA. Why don't you prove to me that they did not cheat in the Superbowl? I'm saying they did, that's what they always do. Go ahead and prove me wrong. 

Why is it inconvenient?

that's where all of the nixon comparisons come from.  in both cases the crook was good enough to win without cheating, but didn't have the character to play it straight up

I understand your point.  With that said do you really think it is possible that Tom Brady and the "rogue" equipment guys were trying out this little trick or the very first time in the AFC Championship game?  If not, don't you think the Ravens from the week before might have some reason to think that they might have been cheated against?

Fair or unfair, this is the current narrative and it will remain the narrative for the next decade or more.  It never gets better from what I can see but it can still get significantly worse if there are any other shoes left out there to drop (as I suspect in terms of who really knew about the equipment tampering).

I also think this most recent little exchange has shown that the "full 32" are mightily p1ssed off with the Patriots and that they are not going to take it anymore. Make no mistake, Bob Kraft is on a pretty short leash right now with the other owners and THAT is a brand new narrative.

I've been busy with work and life the last few months and am very happy to see that a Pats cheating thread is still going.

Well done JN, well done. You guys are the best!

the best part is we get to keep it going until May of 2017 when the pats**** punishment for being repeat offenders is finally complete

I really wish that Patsfans.com posters get their wish and this ends up in court.

Please, please, please.  Pretty please with sugar on top make this happen.  Can Jets fans start a fund to help defray any Patriots legal expenses?

If it ends up in court then Kraft and the Patriots are dead men walking as far as the full 32 are concerned and there will be no way back into the fold once they wander out onto that plank.  

Plus Tom Brady's phone gets to be subpoenaed and everyone gets to see what he has been so desperately hiding :biggrin:

As an aside I wonder if the Pats black ops department is ready with the smear campaign for when the equipment guys flip for TMZ and air out the stench for everyone?  My guess is that they are already locked and loaded for this inevitable event. 

I understand your point. With that said do you really think it is possible that Tom Brady and the "rogue" equipment guys were trying out this little trick or the very first time in the AFC Championship game? If not, don't you think the Ravens from the week before might have some reason to think that they might have been cheated against?

Fair or unfair, this is the current narrative and it will remain the narrative for the next decade or more. It never gets better from what I can see but it can still get significantly worse if there are any other shoes left out there to drop (as I suspect in terms of who really knew about the equipment tampering).

I also think this most recent little exchange has shown that the "full 32" are mightily p1ssed off with the Patriots and that they are not going to take it anymore. Make no mistake, Bob Kraft is on a pretty short leash right now with the other owners and THAT is a brand new narrative.

I agree on all counts.

Archived