You don't root for losses

Gastineau Lives

Yeah because the nba draft lottery isn't rigged. Knicks could have gone 0-82 and would still be picking behind the Lakers.

That's absurd. This had nothing to do with Lakers and everything to do with probability.

You really think the NBA wanted Minny rather than the Knicks at the top?

4th

That sucks. Hopefully they can get a good prospect and don't blow the pick or trade it (if they're even allowed to) like they do all the picks they're allowed to trade.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That sucks. Hopefully they can get a good prospect and don't blow the pick or trade it (if they're even allowed to) like they do all the picks they're allowed to trade.

I think Mudiay will be the pick at 4. If Phil trades the pick or drafts Justice Winslow or Cauley Stein he's a f-cking idiot. It's a pg league and he's arguably the best pg in the draft

I think Mudiay will be the pick at 4. If Phil trades the pick or drafts Justice Winslow or Cauley Stein he's a f-cking idiot. It's a pg league and he's arguably the best pg in the draft

Agreed. I don't know anything about the guys coming out, but agree PG is extremely important in today's NBA as opposed to the last time the Knicks were good and Centers were the way to go.

Wasn't about minny it was about the lakers

Your theory is still nuts because you know exactly what happened in the draft, right?

isola and multiple reporters that witnessed the actual lottery reported that Minny won the 1st, Lakers won the 2nd and Minny also won the 3rd.  Because Minny already had won the 1st pick they had to re-draw.  At that point the Lakers already had the 2nd pick so there was no need to screw the Kincks.  Philly's pingpong ball came up.

Again, your Lakers argument is pure fantasy.  The Knicks got screwed by math and an idiotic team president who doesn't appreciate math and science.

Unfortunately we're going to be subjected to a lot of lazy journalism next few days. God forbid a sportswriter read a scouting report or watch tape on Mudiay.

Mudiay is good, no question.  But things can get interesting.  There is already talk in LA of the Lakers picking him.  That will throw a wrench in the works.

Will you two ******* hash this sh*t out already?

You used to love each other. 

It pains me to see you two apart. 

Whatever, you know I've tried.  And you actually know me and how off base this absolutely Perfect man is about me. 

But if he continues to take unprovoked shots in every thread, then I'm going to play right into this profile he's painted. 

The internet is a strange place. 

Whatever, you know I've tried.  And you actually know me and how off base this absolutely Perfect man is about me. 

But if he continues to take unprovoked shots in every thread, then I'm going to play right into this profile he's painted. 

The internet is a strange place. 

This is like JN's version of Star Trek's "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"

Let_That_Be_Your_Last_Batt2.jpg

You can't lose out on both unless Okafor or Towns fall to 4 which isn't happening.

People just don't do their homework especially in the media. Mudiay is actually a very good prospect he creates in transition, has very good wingspan and lateral quickness which means he's going to be a good defender, is an excellent rebounder for a pg.

Only weakness for Mudiay is he's not a great shooter but he's effective at mid-range and can drive and finish.

Call me a homer I don't see how this is the end of the world.

We could lose out on both if the Lakers and Sixers take the point guards.  I don't see it happening either but that doesn't mean it won't.  Since the Lakers have Clarkson, I can see them going with Okafor but you never know.   Mudiay projection for me for is a bigger Dwayne Wade at the point.  His passing instincts are terrific and he is very unselfish.   I am sure we would all sign up for that in a heart beat.

Also Mudiay is a better shooter than he is given credit for.  You are right, he is not a great shooter yet, but it is not like he is Iman Schumbert from the perimeter.

We are in agreement that this not the worst situation and if the Knicks are lucky enough to land Mudiay they may actually have the last laugh. 

We could lose out on both if the Lakers and Sixers take the point guards.  I don't see it happening either but that doesn't mean it won't.  Since the Lakers have Clarkson, I can see them going with Okafor but you never know.   Mudiay projection for me for is a bigger Dwayne Wade at the point.  His passing instincts are terrific and he is very unselfish.   I am sure we would all sign up for that in a heart beat.

Also Mudiay is a better shooter than he is given credit for.  You are right, he is not a great shooter yet, but it is not like he is Iman Schumbert from the perimeter.

We are in agreement that this not the worst situation and if the Knicks are lucky enough to land Mudiay they may actually have the last laugh. 

I agree with what you're saying, but don't underestimate Jax's and Dolan's abilities to turn this into the worst situation.

That said, under the scenario of Lakers taking Mudiay, the Knicks would be in a position to draft Okafor which they can't pass up.

For what it's worth dropping to 4 they will have a little more cap Room. Would love 2 have Monroe & millsap with melo,mudiay at point. Yeah I'd take that in the east.

$27 mil in cap room + first real pg since Mark Jackson

I'd be fine with Monroe and Millsap. Millsap is a very underrated player and a big reason the Hawks are in the East Finals.

We could lose out on both if the Lakers and Sixers take the point guards. I don't see it happening either but that doesn't mean it won't. Since the Lakers have Clarkson, I can see them going with Okafor but you never know. Mudiay projection for me for is a bigger Dwayne Wade at the point. His passing instincts are terrific and he is very unselfish. I am sure we would all sign up for that in a heart beat.

Also Mudiay is a better shooter than he is given credit for. You are right, he is not a great shooter yet, but it is not like he is Iman Schumbert from the perimeter.

No it's not that bad and not as horrific as the lazy media is portraying it. Silver suct off the lakers big surprise but tanking paid off there's a big difference between Mudiay at 4 and Cauley Stein at 7

Only thing I got to say whoever is available at four just draft him the track record of this new regime with trades so far has been less than stellar.dont get cute and pull same bs trade.A good player will be there at four just take him

The problem is that Jax has no benefit of the doubt with his decision making so we, as fans, cannot trust his judgment.  That's scary with so much cap space and a high pick.

A good GM with these assets could turn the Knicks into a division winner in the East with Finals potential in less than 3 years.  Jax?

I hate the idea of teams tanking games to get a higher pick.

If you want to do a lottery then put 1 ping pong ball in for each team and let lady luck decide it.

This whole Minnesota gets this many ping pong balls compared to the Knicks is plain garbage.

Now you take away the motivation to tank games and give the fans a better product.

Only thing I got to say whoever is available at four just draft him the track record of this new regime with trades so far has been less than stellar.dont get cute and pull same bs trade.A good player will be there at four just take him

Just draft Cauley Stein at 4. Way too many good guards available in FA and Knicks have plenty of cap room.

Archived